Grado Fan Club!
Mar 21, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #23,866 of 66,264
Dumb question .... With the bowl pads, is it normal for the part of the back of my ear to be on the driver screen? I even have a nice little grease/sweat mark there after 2 days.

This is very normal (to me anyway silver8ack).
With my 325e, at least half of the white mesh is now almost black.
And with my RS1i (which has close to 200 hours on it), there is no white at all visible.

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #23,867 of 66,264
  ELEGY FOR LOST BUSHMILLS

What a shame, I'm sorry to hear this happened…it never should have, and the seller is a complete moron for getting your hopes up and accepting your money while having already sold the HP's! 
mad.gif

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #23,868 of 66,264
  Are AlessandroBros still welcome here? Still rocking the Music Series One at work (have my own office).

absotively !

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #23,869 of 66,264

This is the voice of the dark side, the intimations of Darth Grado..."Such sweetness just waiting around the corner in the form of the Grado SR325e! You know you want it. You can smell it! You can taste it! You can feel the supple leather headband against the tip of your noggin! You wanna run your fingers along that professional grade 8 conductor cable and stare longingly into the vast darkness of the fine mesh grill. (Grill of your dreams!) You just can't wait to be totally immersed in all that smooth Grado goodness!"

maltronics  is  Darth Grado. Still, he makes a good case...

Even though we've lost Darth ''Joseph'' Vader recently, we still have Luke ''John'' Skywalker, and judging from the great sounding Bushmills X, the force is also strong with the young Jonathan Skywalker. Aside from the RS1e, the future looks promising for us Storm ''Grado fans'' Troopers
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #23,870 of 66,264
  Hey! You talkin' 'bout ME??? 
regular_smile%20.gif

When I concentrate on the fact that I own 6 pairs of Grados, I feel very fortunate, however, when I compare them to your collection, I feel like I need a telethon
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #23,871 of 66,264
  What a shame, I'm sorry to hear this happened…it never should have, and the seller is a complete moron for getting your hopes up and accepting your money while having already sold the HP's! 
mad.gif

He seems to be very unfamiliar with eBay... he had zero feedback, he delegated at least the closing of the listing to an assistant (who didn't close it when he sold the headphones to his friend), and he NEVER answered any of my inquiries placed through the eBay messaging system.  It was only when, after not hearing from him, that I tracked down his work email, work address, work phone, home address, home phone, and cell phone and tried then all at once that I got a response! (and to think he lives on the Same Street as the Grado factory in Brooklyn, just 3-1/2 miles away!).

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #23,873 of 66,264

Even though we've lost Darth ''Joseph'' Vader recently, we still have Luke ''John'' Skywalker, and judging from the great sounding Bushmills X, the force is also strong with the young Jonathan Skywalker. Aside from the RS1e, the future looks promising for us Storm ''Grado fans'' Troopers
biggrin.gif

Now if only Luke "John" Skywalker would use the force to fix those RS1e's!

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #23,877 of 66,264
Heh yep. I tried some s Cush on the 225e today. Can't do it. The bowls just sound too good. I don't carr what the insides look like
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe I'll take some rubbing alcohol in a q-tip to the screen. Haha.

Yeah I hear you on those bowls!

Well I highly doubt the rubbing alcohol would help at all but if you are so inclined to give it a try then don't forget, screen down of course, and until it dries. Can't let any of that alcohol getting on to the drivers eh!

Maybe you might consider some drinking alcohol for yourself as well! Haha.

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #23,878 of 66,264
He seems to be very unfamiliar with eBay... he had zero feedback, he delegated at least the closing of the listing to an assistant (who didn't close it when he sold the headphones to his friend), and he NEVER answered any of my inquiries placed through the eBay messaging system.  It was only when, after not hearing from him, that I tracked down his work email, work address, work phone, home address, home phone, and cell phone and tried then all at once that I got a response! (and to think he lives on the Same Street as the Grado factory in Brooklyn, just 3-1/2 miles away!).

that is just plain wrong.
i'd lose patience longer before the moment you put out your poem really. Maybe because i'm a little young, or maybe that has nothing to do with it at all. Two days ago when i went to the local wal-mart, i was already 20 steps inside the wal-mart, when the security asked me to throw away my empty water bottles to the trash can (that's outside the parking lot). I said it's empty (while hand-gesturing the bottle to imply that "maybe you can throw it away for me?"), security said "no no, you have to throw that away right now so that we won't suspect you of stealing".

I said "okay", went out, left the store and went home. Now i don't have shaving razors, juice, coffee, and tissue! I wasn't angry but I chose to leave rather than being "specifically approached while already inside" and being told that "i'm stealing a water bottle". I sure wouldn't have your patience for waiting for that Bushmills.

That's just wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back