Grado Fan Club!
Dec 27, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #21,286 of 66,264
With all these references, I am AFRAID to look up what a McIntosh MHA-100 is... Don't want to get hooked by a first dose of heroin.  I will remain Ignorant.  (If ignorance is bliss, then I am the happiest guy in the world!)
No, I am the happiest man in the whole flat as a pancake world! Sail to the edge and you'll find sea monsters.

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #21,287 of 66,264
Non greater than family...who btw all fall into sleep whenever their Daddy plays those audiophile grade Jazz recordings...lol

Bill Evans...ahh...I have "The Complete Village Vanguard Recordings 1961" Discs 2 and 3 (night sessions)...yeah, awesome jazz too...

Currently listening to Miles Davis In Person Saturday Night at the Blackhawk, Japanese Mastersound CD, through a Tivoli CD played connected directly to my Stax Lambda Nova Basic set....

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #21,288 of 66,264
No, I am the happiest man in the whole flat as a pancake world! Sail to the edge and you'll find sea monsters.

@bpcans  ... they have an MHA-100 at Audio Perfection on display and ready for demo. Take your cans down there and try to out 
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #21,289 of 66,264
ding ding ding! Great idea K, a headphone meet might break the winter up now that it's returned to Minnesota.

I have an idea on that and if I can get a venue I have in mind to agree, I am going to canvas the locals on Head-Fi to gauge interest.

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #21,290 of 66,264
@bpcans
  ... they have an MHA-100 at Audio Perfection on display and ready for demo. Take your cans down there and try to out :evil:
Ah oh, and the MHP-1000's are right down the street at WorstBuy. What if the two were to "meet"?

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #21,291 of 66,264
The LCD-2F didn't have a "wow" or x-factor on me. It's an "ordinarily" very good HP for me, for lack of better term. It has very good treble, very good mids, quite good bass. But it didn't "wow" me. There's nothing in it that excites me. Maybe a factor in this is that I came from Grados, RS1i and SR325is, which I still both have at the time. Pretty high standard already, quite sure you'all agree.

The LCD-2 Rev. 2, otoh, made me say "wow". They're "a step above the rest" kind of excellence, not "ordinarily" excellent at all. The mids are lush, as it should be..the treble are not bright, but not lacking and still detailed, in fact they sound...aaaah...silky smooth, velvety smoooooooth...and the bass, down into the sub-bass, they're just sooooo ARTICULATE...it's not boosted like other "bass" phones, it's just "there", present and, again, articulate=doesn't sound monotonous=each different bass note you can distinguish from each other, with all the realistic presence and full-bodied-ness. It's really a treat, a surprise listening to them. It's like, damn...a HP could sound like this?! It's like listening to a 3-way floorstanders now, coming from 2-way bookshelf speakers.

What also surprised me is that its doesn't sound dark to me at all as described by many. They're dead neutral; it's just that it has excellent, full-bodied and articulate bass. Compared to most cans, yeah sure they'll sound dark. But if you step back a little, then listen to it carefully, with transparent and truly neutral gears, mind you, it's really a pleasure to listen to. (See my sig for main tig used.)

I couldn't believe an HP could sound like this (did I say that already?...). Silky smooth...velvety smooth...(sorry I'm repeating myself again). The sound is just so sophisticated...it has a sound that sets it apart from others...like the Grado RS1i...I fully get how this cans single-handedly brought Audeze to the top of the Head-Fi world. Highly recommended.

I also get now how the O2 is transparent, by design, objectively and subjectively...and how important low output impedance of HP amps should be for those tight, articulate bass. I understand why many find the O2 to be bright...their phones are bright, or their phones are no longer producing bloomy and boosted bass caused by other high output impedance amps, or doesn't have that articulate bass of the LCD-2 Rev. 2.

So no reason for me to keep the LCD-2F...
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers.

I'm lost!
So you have both the LCD-2 Rev.2 and the LCD-2F and you're selling the LCD-2F?
If yes, you like the Rev.2 better than the 2F, correct?
Sorry I'm not quite following you. 
smile.gif

With all these references, I am AFRAID to look up what a McIntosh MHA-100 is... Don't want to get hooked by a first dose of heroin.  I will remain Ignorant.  (If ignorance is bliss, then I am the happiest guy in the world!)

I must agree, sometime ignorance is happiness!

It is an amp....a $5000 amp....that i assume....sounds very nice  
tongue.gif

You should be very happy.....you have a wonderful collection of grado's at your house
smile.gif

+1

Dec 27, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #21,292 of 66,264

Currently listening to Miles Davis In Person Saturday Night at the Blackhawk, Japanese Mastersound CD, through a Tivoli CD played connected directly to my Stax Lambda Nova Basic set....

A truly great album and great sounding.  You are there.

Dec 27, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #21,293 of 66,264
From my wife----a new headband. It's the Turbulent Labs Saddle Manta.

Just how I wanted the Rs1is to look!

Dec 27, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #21,294 of 66,264
From my wife----a new headband. It's the Turbulent Labs Saddle Manta.

Just how I wanted the Rs1is to look!

Those look great!  
smile.gif

Now, if you can just add Martin's custom gimbals!  

Dec 27, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #21,295 of 66,264

Beautiful headband!  Congrats.

Dec 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #21,296 of 66,264
Dec 27, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #21,298 of 66,264
I love the way that the headband matches the wood!!

Dec 27, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #21,300 of 66,264

Users who are viewing this thread

Back