Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 29, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #8,011 of 62,431
Jun 29, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #8,012 of 62,431
I wanted to show you the Alterola IE600 with and without tips. I think it's my only TWS or Earbuds period that have these type of insertions. I think these only came with one pair in the box. The comfort is quite good. I just twist them in to get a good seal. Anyway here are a couple of pics. I'm sure there are alot of these types, but my first. The SQ is top notch. You can check my overview a couple of pages back.

How do their SQ compare to some others?

Jun 29, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #8,013 of 62,431
There are links to several reviews within the last few pages of this thread
Ah damn here I am thinking I'd stumbled onto something new! haha

Jun 29, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #8,014 of 62,431
I wanted to show you the Alterola IE600 with and without tips. I think it's my only TWS or Earbuds period that have these type of insertions. I think these only came with one pair in the box. The comfort is quite good. I just twist them in to get a good seal. Anyway here are a couple of pics. I'm sure there are alot of these types, but my first. The SQ is top notch. You can check my overview a couple of pages back.

Those look interesting ... anyone know if they are on EU amazon under a different name? can't find 'em ... (yeah, as if I need more TWS ... )

Jun 29, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #8,015 of 62,431
Cool, thanks for the updated photos and info. No rush about the ear hooks; I was just curious.

BTW, the BT20 is made by TRN, and available in mmcx or 2-pin. They just released a new revision of it (BT20S), that adds aptX, nano coating, and some other features (I think longer battery life etc maybe).
TM2's 12hr battery life is impressive. I wonder what it will be for BT20S?

I wonder what's the change in battery life with different codecs? AptX?

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #8,016 of 62,431
Actually I can't remember! I will have to open up the box and will have to give it a shot. A little busy at the moment to do an unboxing. From my demo back in April, I -think- it was flexible 'cos I seem to recall playing around with it to fit it around my glasses.
So the cable does have memory wire & it fits around my glasses fine without too much interference.

FE8FBC46-EED5-4000-9E0F-BE764CE72D64.jpeg

Jun 29, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #8,017 of 62,431
Had a chance to listen for a day to Tranya T3 (using my own Spinfit tips). It's all subjective and I can see how a more rabid basshead than me can totally love them. But compared to my well liked Anbes 359 Tranyas are just too much for me in bass dept. At least for music I mostly listen to at the gym or on the go - classic and hard rock and jazz. They are so V shaped that mids/vocals seem too distant and treble too scratchy at times. Soundstage is also narrower than Anbes, not speaking of my MW07. To be fair, despite all excesses T3's sub-bass doesn't bleed in and has a little more texture than 359. Otherwise as a package, except for micro USB, T3s are pretty nice for the price. They have reasonably sorted volume controls and loudness is on par with Anbes. Rare case where I'm ok with touch controls. My advise is if you're a basshead and don't mind paying extra $10 for this privilege then go with Tranya T3. Otherwise Anbes 359, while still plenty bassy, are a more balanced choice and still a reigning champ of cheap Chi-Fi.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #8,018 of 62,431
Had a chance to listen for a day to Tranya T3 (using my own Spinfit tips). It's all subjective and I can see how a more rabid basshead than me can totally love them. But compared to my well liked Anbes 359 Tranyas are just too much for me in bass dept. At least for music I mostly listen to at the gym or on the go - classic and hard rock and jazz. They are so V shaped that mids/vocals seem too distant and treble too scratchy at times. Soundstage is also narrower than Anbes, not speaking of my MW07. To be fair, despite all excesses T3's sub-bass doesn't bleed in and has a little more texture than 359. Otherwise as a package, except for micro USB, T3s are pretty nice for the price. They have reasonably sorted volume controls and loudness is on par with Anbes. Rare case where I'm ok with touch controls. My advise is if you're a basshead and don't mind paying extra $10 for this privilege then go with Tranya T3. Otherwise Anbes 359, while still plenty bassy, are a more balanced choice and still a reigning champ of cheap Chi-Fi.

I'm more or less tuned to 359. if you happen to use iPhone do you need to max out the volume?

Jun 29, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #8,020 of 62,431

I wonder what you'd think of the Astrotec Motivation's... They're similar to the Anbes but have a touch more base (not overly so) but sound much more lively. And solely priced to the Tranya

Jun 29, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #8,021 of 62,431
How do the Buds compare to other ones you've tried in terms of detail, separation, and range of frequency? I've read some high praise on their sound quality, but it seems like the Samsung name might have encouraged electronics writers who might not have a good ear to write reviews.
Via AAC/iPhone: Very good. Clean, crisp. Good imaging, soundstage, and “air”. Lacks deep bass, but for those that enjoy a clean signature with present mids and solid treble performance (does get a little peaky in the obligatory 10kHz region), these are great.

Via AAC/Galaxy s8: Not as good as Samsung’s Scalable Codec, which is fairly close to Apple AAC (still feel Apple AAC has the edge, but didn’t do any scientific comparison).

Comfort, features, good call performance (I only used in an office), and sound for around $100 (if you can get it for that) is just a great deal. Even if you have to go to $129, I still like these more than the Jabra 65t (some report one side begins to lose volume over time).

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #8,022 of 62,431
I have some plan to buy astrotec s80, do the quality keep up with the mtw/b&o or is it very far away in terms of sound quality? And is it true that astrotec using a beryllium driver? Thanks
They certainly are on par with the B&O E8, with the exception of App control.

The MTW are a bit smoother, but in a blind test on the street, I’m sure most people would think they all sound good and are in the same general price range (even though they’re not).

Jun 29, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #8,023 of 62,431
My tranya t3 came in today, I charged them up fully before trying them. Wow! These have bass, lots of bass! they actually vibrate my ear a little! Definitely more bass than anbes, but t3 is not surpassing sennheiser mtw bass levels yet, but it's up there for sure. Soundstage is much wider on anbes, and sennheiser but its not bad here. it's hard for bassy headphones to have super wide soundstage but that could change with use when they open up. I dont want to talk too much about sound yet because I totally believe in burn in, and I think the r3 will change but right now these t3 sound smooth, warm and have lots of volume, no harsh highs, decent clear mids. Fit is great, it looks like the chubbier, brother of the anbes 359, they are much bigger than anbes 359 but not obnoxiously big in ear, they look good in my ear, the tranya t3 bud looks smaller than my sennheiser mtw. They seem really nicely built, I might say they look a little nicer than anbes 359. Case is nice too I like it. The case is big and bulky compared to anbes, it is the same size as the sennheiser mtw case. the t3 holds alot more charges right? So that's ok to me. Buttons work as advertised, easier to hit than anbes, but I actually like touch controls better like the sennheiser mtw. The only negative I can see is people who dont know how to use true wireless headsets are gonna blast these in ear and not like them. These have lots of volume and bass, listen to them at a lower level to avoid fatigue and distortion.

At this point it's a definitely a good buy, I like it alot already as write this. Its beating anbes for pure bass, pure volume and powerful sound, and battery life.

Attachments

• 20190629_145303.jpg
    20190629_145303.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190629_145257.jpg
    20190629_145257.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190629_145135.jpg
    20190629_145135.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #8,024 of 62,431
Those look interesting ... anyone know if they are on EU amazon under a different name? can't find 'em ... (yeah, as if I need more TWS ... )
They are on ebay for a bit more than I paid:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/153543632277
vstolpner & Caipirina
From what I've been reading so far they sound like the T3 SQ in the review(David & albao) description. They are bassy(actually was listening to them while cleaning) but nothing that an EQ can't fix if you're not a bass person. No big soundstage like the Anbes. Clean sparkly highs, but not screeching What irritating highs. I really like them. I wish the battery was 6hrs instead of 4hr-ish, again that's why I have 6 pairs of TWS. I'd say the Funcl are in the same league except for the No Vol Control.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #8,025 of 62,431

and to get it to Germany they want 13$ shipping and 16.50$ duty on top of everything .. will wait until they pop up on German ebay or amazon ..

found a different, cheaper listing I nearly jumped on, when I realized that that one was for single ear piece :D

Wait .. is that them?? unbranded on AliX ... of course, could just be the same outer shell and crapola inside ... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32930568088.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back