Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 29, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #7,997 of 62,140
Can’t say anything about mic, as I detest phone calls! (I buy all my IEMs mic-less)

The tranya is a v shape with heavy bass. I find the Anbes kinda ‘whispy’ V-shape light. Dunno how to better describe. But ppl with different seal might have different results

So anbes is more balanced v shaped while the other is bass head ?

Jun 29, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #7,999 of 62,140
I took a tumble while biking and lost one of my qcy qs1, only have the left one now :triportsad:

You guys reckon if I get the qs1 again I can keep this left one as spare in case I lose the left one of the new set? Or wouldn't a right one from a new set and a left one from an old set pair?

Considering to get the qs2 for a for the extra battery life and lid for protection. I did like the ease of putting the qs1 in and taking them out of their case though and didn't really have issues yet with the case running out of juice so might as well go with the qs1 for cheaps. I really did like this twe style so I'm for sure getting either the qs1 or qs2 I think. Opinions and other suggestions?

Jun 29, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #8,000 of 62,140
I took a tumble while biking and lost one of my qcy qs1, only have the left one now :triportsad:

You guys reckon if I get the qs1 again I can keep this left one as spare in case I lose the left one of the new set? Or wouldn't a right one from a new set and a left one from an old set pair?

Considering to get the qs2 for a for the extra battery life and lid for protection. I did like the ease of putting the qs1 in and taking them out of their case though and didn't really have issues yet with the case running out of juice so might as well go with the qs1 for cheaps. I really did like this twe style so I'm for sure getting either the qs1 or qs2 I think. Opinions and other suggestions?

It should pair, just have to do the reset and re-pair the old left and new right together.

Jun 29, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #8,003 of 62,140
I like the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 a lot. It's got a simple interface, and the Bluetooth pairing stability is good. The sound is really well balanced, non-peaky, nicely extended on both ends, and vocally present.

The sound is sublime at its price point, I find it much better than the Bang & Olufsen E8 2.0, which is very strident in the treble. It's much smaller than the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless, and I much prefer its sound signature. I also tested the Astrotec S80 on the same day; I hated its finicky touch controls, and while the SQ was decent, it had a much more typical, thicker bass presentation.

I didn't get to test out the call quality, but a possible drawback is the microphone, as Vlad Savov at The Verge says it's crummy.

If my wife didn't already have the Nuarl NT01B, I'd get a pair for her. If I didn't already preorder the NuraLoop, I'd get myself a pair.
I have some plan to buy astrotec s80, do the quality keep up with the mtw/b&o or is it very far away in terms of sound quality? And is it true that astrotec using a beryllium driver? Thanks

Jun 29, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #8,004 of 62,140
I like the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 a lot. It's got a simple interface, and the Bluetooth pairing stability is good. The sound is really well balanced, non-peaky, nicely extended on both ends, and vocally present.

The sound is sublime at its price point, I find it much better than the Bang & Olufsen E8 2.0, which is very strident in the treble. It's much smaller than the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless, and I much prefer its sound signature. I also tested the Astrotec S80 on the same day; I hated its finicky touch controls, and while the SQ was decent, it had a much more typical, thicker bass presentation.

I didn't get to test out the call quality, but a possible drawback is the microphone, as Vlad Savov at The Verge says it's crummy.

If my wife didn't already have the Nuarl NT01B, I'd get a pair for her. If I didn't already preorder the NuraLoop, I'd get myself a pair.

How does the Melomania 1 compare to the S80 throughout the frequency range? I find the S80 only a little base heavy but I like the SQ overall. But the fit and finicky touch controls are a little annoying. Just wondering if the Melomania are worth double the cost of the S80?
(PS: specifically Astrotec Motivation, which is what the S80 are sold as in the US, got them with small discount for $50)

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #8,007 of 62,140
Should I go and try the Wavefun? I'm a bit worried though, don't wanna be scammed on my first buy

Well you won't be scanned (and there's purchase protection for that), but the smart thing to do would be to pick up something people here are recommending.

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #8,008 of 62,140
Jun 29, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #8,009 of 62,140
I wanted to show you the Alterola IE600 with and without tips. I think it's my only TWS or Earbuds period that have these type of insertions. I think these only came with one pair in the box. The comfort is quite good. I just twist them in to get a good seal. Anyway here are a couple of pics. I'm sure there are alot of these types, but my first. The SQ is top notch. You can check my overview a couple of pages back.
PHOTO_20190629_112306.jpg

PHOTO_20190629_112757.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #8,010 of 62,140
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back