1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531
533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542
Next

Last
  1. nc8000 Contributor
    They are supposed to be identical except for the case

2. FYLegend
    Yeah, but this one claims to have 36 hour battery vs 30 hours of the Xpods. On Amazon it is listed as Lyperkin T1-APTX with only 24hr battery at 60% volume. The promo image for both only say 24h.

Also, the Earfun Free Oluv edition is shipping July 15

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  3. mikp
    FYLegend likes this.
  4. bduckyy
    You're the man! I was looking for a photo comparison of the two. I was already leaning towards the 359 but the t3 was temping because it was actually in stock on amazon. How's the usability between the two? Any random lags or disconnects? And hows is the battery life and controls between the two?

5. Caipirina
    hmm .. I am playing flac files using an app called Vox :D ... mixing things up

6. Caipirina
    Can't say much about battery life as I have not done any duration tests. Usability, somehow I manage to take the Anbes out of they UFO box a bit clumsily and the wrong way around, but that's probably just me, does not feel as intuitive as the Tranya. Usually I am not using buttons much other than the occasional play/ pause, but I was positively surprised when I found that on Tranya, double press right = vol up, and left is down ... tripple press summons siri ...

Just did a lag test on the Tranya and am happy to report that I had no issues with VLC from computer but youtube on phone has some lag. but that could also be my wonky connection ...
    Just get them from amazon and return if you don't like them :D

JimmyR and actorlife like this.
  7. actorlife
    If I were you bduckyy I'd buy both from Amazon and return the one you disliked. I did that with the Alterola and a unknown brand that looked exactly like the Alterola and returned the unknown brand after a couple of days.
    These are them. Warning stay away. Muddy and no highs:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H3NRKYT/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_zPMfDb98QS32R
    Interesting Graphene Driver and in pic says balanced Amature. 5hr battery. Wrote the seller to see what gives:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RXWMYZM/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_QpNfDbJPJ43CA

8. hifi80sman
    They just dropped a new full-sized XB headphone. I was looking around and it was like, BAM, here you go. Just based on observation, they seem to just drop things quietly and all of a sudden you'll see it. Looks like Sony has fully migrated to USB-C on all their new stuff.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-xb900n

JimmyR likes this.
  9. JimmyR
    I’m curious about on which one pressing buttons is nicer? I’ve heard that none of them are especially good in that department as both are a bit stiff and need a somehow hard press... but I wonder which one is less bad. May u tell?

10. hifi80sman
    Update on Jlab JBuds Air Executive:

Decided to keep them. I returned the 1st unit I received and got a new one. There is still driver flex "crinkle" sound, but there loud "clu-clunk" sound has largely disappeared. Keep in mind, the stronger the seal, obviously, the stronger the suction. I usually roll with the larger tips to create the effing highest vacuum seal known to man, but YMMV.

Here's what I found after spending a few days with them:

- Ambient feature works well and is uncommon at this price point. Used it a few times at the gym when people feel the need to chat instead of workout. I don't want to hear about your new Tesla. Great, doesn't pollute, nice...can I work out now?
    - AAC on iPhone/Spotify combo works well, especially the Spotify built-in EQ. Taming the highs does the trick and the sound is quite nice. Keep in mind, highs are very "crispy", but if you enjoy a bright signature, you'll feel right at home.
    - Don't really care about the built in EQ modes. Gimmicky, but doesn't take away from anything.
    - Battery is good and right about where they advertise.
    - Call quality is really solid and functional for the office, whereas most are not.
    - Touch controls are responsive. Although not as intuitive as I would like, I've gotten used to them and it's not a problem.

For $69, the combination of features and sound are hard to beat. Strong in areas where most in the price range aren't (calls, ambient mode).

11. Caipirina
    Did not perceive either as 'bad', but I noticed that the Anbes, maybe because they are smaller, receive way more accidental button presses from me when I try to jam the buds in or adjust their position later

JimmyR likes this.
  12. Caipirina
    Well, so much for the ChromeBuds ...

chromebudscancel.jpg

yea, another 30$ saved ...

i was actually looking forward to those ..

13. actorlife
    Dang those looked cool. I mostly like black, but those chrome look cool. I also wanted a pair in dark blue. Too bad not too many option color wise with great sq and a $30 or lower price TWS. Good on the seller for being honest.

Bartig likes this.
  14. Caipirina
    The Blitzwolf FYE5 come in a nice shade of blue ... and I kinda like 'em .. not totally blown away, but the (also blue) charging box is tiny.

bw5.jpg

Just tried my 'theme of expanse' new test track on them .. and they sound actually better than I recalled ... also found a working tip combination (L on left and M on right, of the tips that came with them ... other tips fit and are nice, but then the buds don't fit the case anymore ) ... TBH, i like them better than the Anbes that everyone seems so madly in love with :D

15. jant71
    So, I wonder...
    [​IMG]
    Why are there no TW with a small pendant control like the Sony ring control in the pic or the older minidisc...
    [​IMG]
    Touch controls getting wonky when sweat on, uncomfortable button push jamming the buds into the ear, digging under hats/hoods/scarves to get at the TW controls, holding buttons for 3 seconds or pressing a button 3 times cause there is not room for multiple buttons to make the control scheme easier etc. With all the annoyances why no small remote shirt/tie clip or pendant or ring or whatever??

RobinFood likes this.
First

Back
522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531
533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542
Next

Last