++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Jun 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #29,356 of 29,490
Quote:
Hi headfiers
i already have denon dn hp500 and grado sr80i headphones.
my source is asus xonar dx sound card and cmoy as amplifier

i had chance to listen sennheiser hd600 on expensive custom made dac and i like it very much
but unfortunatly i cant aford hd600 at this moment.

any way i want to buy something diferent and maybe better than grado becouse i am already bored with grados and denons

my favourite music is jazz something like bill evans and miles davis
rock something as oasis,beatles,zz top etc.

i want to buy something less bright than grado sr80, something more diferent than grado and something more sounding like hd600.

my budget is 155euro
i can buy beyerdynamic dt990pro for 155 euro, akg k550 for 155euro and sennheiser hd598 for 150euro.
which should i chose

is hd 600 worth of aditional saving and 1 year waiting for new headphones

You heard them--so you should be able to answer that one yourself.  My answer is yes.

If you want a HD 600 junior, the HD 598 is the closest among all those on your list and may be the closest of all cans--except for the more expensive HD 650.

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #29,358 of 29,490
Quote:
Here we go.

I want open type/over ear headphones,at the price range of 250-350 euros, that are best suited or at least good enough for the metal genre.

Any ideas?

Are you OK with open cans (they leak sound)?

What equipment will be powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?

What is the format of your music and other sounds you will putting into these cans?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking?

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #29,360 of 29,490
Quote:
Are you OK with open cans (they leak sound)?

What equipment will be powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?

What is the format of your music and other sounds you will putting into these cans?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking?

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

I was planning on using them only inside my home. Also i am under the impression that i would prefer the wider soundstage.

Mp3s and flacs. I have a nuforce udac. Aaaaand i would them to have an agressive sound.

To be honest i want to experience what some really expensive headphones can do.

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #29,361 of 29,490
Quote:
Grados are excellent for metal
smily_headphones1.gif

I have already been told that the sr325si are great for that, but i am really afraid of comfort issues of on ear cans.

Jun 1, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #29,362 of 29,490
I have already been told that the sr325si are great for that, but i am really afraid of comfort issues of on ear cans.

Have to try them and see. I find them more comfortable than other on ear cans I own, but each person is different.

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #29,364 of 29,490
Quote:
I would really appreciate some help. I just cant decide...

Once again I’ll mention that headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.  No one can do this for you.

Jun 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #29,366 of 29,490
Hey I'm hoping someone can recommend me a good pair of starter headphones!

I listen to mostly trance, classic rock, drum n bass and classical

Looking to spend no more than $250

No preference in regards to open or closed

Would be using them from my ipod/laptop

Isolation isn't a must, but would be nice

Currently looking into the 598's, 558's, and M50's 

Thanks!

Jun 2, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #29,368 of 29,490
Quote:
Hey I'm hoping someone can recommend me a good pair of starter headphones!

I listen to mostly trance, classic rock, drum n bass and classical

Looking to spend no more than $250

No preference in regards to open or closed

Would be using them from my ipod/laptop

Isolation isn't a must, but would be nice

Currently looking into the 598's, 558's, and M50's 

Thanks!

The first two on your list are open and won't work for you, if isolation is important.  No open or semi-open can will give you that.

Jun 2, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #29,369 of 29,490
Looking for some recommendations for a set of headphones for electronic/trip-hop/instrumental listening. Looking for a closed set with somewhat of a "wow" factor, while keeping the price around $150 (buying used is not a problem). Portability is not of much concern as I already own a pair of V-Moda M80s. Right now, I'm considering the Ultrasone Pro 750, possibly the Beyerdynamics DT770, but am open to any other suggestions. Also, what kind of amp I should look into, if needed (will be playing from a Macbook Pro). Thanks!

Jun 2, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #29,370 of 29,490
Looking for some recommendations for a set of headphones for electronic/trip-hop/instrumental listening. Looking for a closed set with somewhat of a "wow" factor, while keeping the price around $150 (buying used is not a problem). Portability is not of much concern as I already own a pair of V-Moda M80s. Right now, I'm considering the Ultrasone Pro 750, possibly the Beyerdynamics DT770, but am open to any other suggestions. Also, what kind of amp I should look into, if needed (will be playing from a Macbook Pro). Thanks!

Well, the V-Moda M80s are good headphones at that $150 price. Might be hard to be "wowed" at the same price without listening to a bunch of different headphones and finding the headphone that is the best fit for your personal tastes. The only thing I can suggest is that maybe you might want to go with an open headphone for the bigger soundstage, assuming you don't need isolation How about the DT990 Pro 250? There are just a few left on Amazon at $170. If I'm not mistaken, those have typically run like $225 or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back