++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Apr 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #27,526 of 29,490
Quote:
The 280 are so uncomfortable and have very analytical sound. Not to fun. And i have no clue why they arent on sale
frown.gif

So what is the main difference between the 439s 449s and 280 pros?

I have read mostly the bass. But since most of the music I listen to is rock and metal I never really cared about bass.

If the grade sr80s were closed I would prolly get them.. but they arent so yeah lol 

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #27,527 of 29,490
Hi everyone, I was wondering if the ATH-M50 are good enough for my daily listening on my ipod. I listen to Dustep, rock and house music, I plan to buy it from the sound professionals where they can mod the headphone to have a detachable cable. Is this a good idea? Are there any other better pair of headphones I should look into?

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #27,528 of 29,490
Quote:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if the ATH-M50 are good enough for my daily listening on my ipod. I listen to Dustep, rock and house music, I plan to buy it from the sound professionals where they can mod the headphone to have a detachable cable. Is this a good idea? Are there any other better pair of headphones I should look into?

How much are you willing to spend? They are decent cans but yes, better can be had for the money.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #27,529 of 29,490
Hello. I am looking to buy new headphones. My budget is $160, and I have the headphones I am looking to buy in a list. I found them all in my price range, so don't worry about the price.

All recomendations and opinions are appreciated :)

Here is the list:

M-Audio Studiophile Q40 
Ultrasone HFI-780 
Audio-Technica ATH-WS77  
Fischer Audio FA-004 
Gemini DJ HSR-1000
Phiaton MS400

Thank you in advance! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #27,531 of 29,490
Hi, I'm building a new computer soon, and I was going to buy some gaming/music headphones to go with it, so I was looking for any recommendations on what to buy. I've been looking at the KRK KNS-8400 and 6400, as well as the ATH-M50, but I wasn't sure if their soundstage would be any good for gaming. EDIT: Also looking at logitech UE 6000. 

Budget: $100-150, I'd be willing to go over by a little bit.

Source: My computer (No soundcard as of yet), possibly plugged into a sub-$50 amp depending on how much I spend on the headphones, and mp3 players/iphone/ipod.

Preferred Design: Closed back circumaural.

Isolation Requirements: They need to be pretty well isolating, probably lots of fan noise and people talking around me while using them. Definitely closed back. 

Used For: Gaming and music, mostly orchestral. I probably listen to music more but gaming is definitely the priority. I'll be picking up a zalman mic so headphones are definitely preferable to a headset. 

Comfort: Pretty important, I'll use them for much of the day. Working well with glasses without discomfort or poor sound is very important, I wear my glasses pretty much 24/7. 

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #27,532 of 29,490
Hi All,

I am new to headphones other than the Sennheiser cx300II which  i use for my ipod. Please can I get some advise on what headphones I should get. I will only use them at home and only playing cd's through an Onkyo TX-NR515 amp. I listen to folk, rock and metal music. I have listened to Sennheiser HD515's found them to be a little baseless but otherwise acceptable. Currently thinking of getting Grado sr225i's as they have been offred to me at a really good price. I am open to any brands and style's.

Thanks

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #27,533 of 29,490
Hi All,

I am new to headphones other than the Sennheiser cx300II which  i use for my ipod. Please can I get some advise on what headphones I should get. I will only use them at home and only playing cd's through an Onkyo TX-NR515 amp. I listen to folk, rock and metal music. I have listened to Sennheiser HD515's found them to be a little baseless but otherwise acceptable. Currently thinking of getting Grado sr225i's as they have been offred to me at a really good price. I am open to any brands and style's.

Thanks

The Grado SR225i are perfect :) if you can get past there minor discomfort. Personally , i am very picky about comfort but i think every Grado owner is aware of there discomfort :D but yes, Grado cans always highlight Rock, Metal, Folk etc...

Apr 20, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #27,535 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
The mids are not neutral and sound just a tad unnatural.

Can't help with your Fiio question.

I'm still considering getting the he 400. In terms of comfort, how do they fit compared to the hd 598? Most headphones press against my ears although the hd 598 goes all the way around. Is the he-400 large enough to go all the way around the ears?

Comfort is such an individual thing, that you will just have to try them for yourself.  I find both to be comfortable.

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #27,536 of 29,490
Hi! I'm looking for headphones in price range about 200$ (I can go for used ones too). Currently I lean towards Beyerdynamics COP, DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD 25 and AKG K550/701/702. Of all those mentioned I only listened to Custom One Pro with FiiO E11 and I must say I absolutely loved them (they even managed to change my mind buying headphones instead of IEMs 
smily_headphones1.gif
) . I've got big head and COP fitted me good, while ATH M50 was a bit too small. I listen mostly to classic rock and sometimes hard rock and metal. My source is iPhone 4. I don't have any special preferences about how the sound is presented.
EDIT: I'd like  them to have good isolation, because I'll often be using them outside.

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #27,538 of 29,490
I've done a ton of research, reading lots of reviews here, and on amazon. I already have a decent set of headphones: the jvc harx 700. I like them, but I don't 'love' them. 

They're fairly close to neutral, with a bit of extra bass, and a little bit of treble roll off. 

I'd like a second set of headphones which offer a bit more excitement and emotional involvement. I'm considering the grado sr60i's. Even with a pair of s cushions, the price is still south of $100, which is important to me. 

Based on the reviews, I'm sure I'll be getting great sound quality. However, I'm a bit concerned about comfort and the ability to use these for longer listening sessions. Will the s cushions be sufficient to allow me to listen for longer sessions?

Also, some reviewers complain that the sound can be fatiguing. I'm hoping that this criticism is limited to:

a. certain types of recordings only: ie sources which are very treble heavy

b. listening sessions at high volume.

Any feedback is appreciated, and let me know if I should post this in the grado thread as well. Thanks!

Apr 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #27,539 of 29,490
Got an email from mp4nation about the HM5's being on pre-sale (restock) for 99.5$.
I currently do not own full-size headphones and my only good pair is UE Triplefi 10.
My question is if I should jump on this sale..
I listen to a lot of generes from Psytrance to rock and classical music.
I really love hearing detailes when I'm listening to my songs.
Does the HM5 somehow compares in term of SQ to my TF10's?
And how does the HM5 compare to other full-sized headphones from other brands like: Senn 598, Shure 940, DT770/880/990 etc.

Apr 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #27,540 of 29,490
[size=10pt] Hey, I just wondered if the audio technica m50 was still considered one of the best buys in that price range? I'm gonna be using it for music mostly, as the only games I ever play are games where soundstage(I'm using that term correctly right?) isn't very important, with a few exceptions.

As for the music, I like piano+vocals, rock(think Simon & Garfunkel or Paramore) and liquid/vocal dubstep. Really hard to satisfy all those needs I guess, but judging by a few hours of research, people seem to think that the m50 is a great allrounder.

Also, how come it costs god damn 200$ in every norwegian online store, but costs like 130$ on Amazon? and then like 180$ on amazon.uk 
frown.gif
 I've read it's supposed to be like 120$, so is m50 even worth it at almost 200$?(If I include shipping on amazon.uk it's almost 200)
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back