++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Mar 25, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #26,478 of 29,490
I've been listening to Triple Fi Pro's for a couple years now (and love them), but I want something more comfortable I can listen to at my desk.  

Genres:  Thrash metal, death metal, black metal, folk metal, some power and prog metal...

(and pop, rock, electronic, older country/folk, blues, classical, a little jazz..)

I like bass.  I EQ it up pretty heavily on the triple FIs.

I've heard AD-900s, but no amount of EQ can make their bass sound anywhere near right on most of my favorites.  BUT THE CLASSICAL AND FEMALE VOCALS ARE SO GOOD.  SO UNBELIEVABLY GOOD!

Would the HE-400s or HD600s be what I'm looking for, and deliver on both the bassy music and the other stuff, too?  Trying to figure that out, and if so which one.  

edit: do have a yamaha 5930 on my desk to amp with, if that's sufficient.  

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #26,479 of 29,490
Quote:
Help me please, I'm looking for a gaming headphone/headSET under 100usd, I will use it for 75% competitive gaming (counter strike, cod4) and 25% music (latin jazz, classical), I have an Asus Xonar DG to power it. I don't have .flac albums or high quality sources, I just listen to JAZZRADIO.com or youtube (internet radio/youtube -> soundcard -> headphone/set).

I was thinking AuioTechinca AD700 with AntLion Modmic but some say that it is not good for music (harsh highs, weak bass), I used to have a Plantronics Gamecom 367, they where comfortable and had a clever design but the sound was distant and weak, the SteelSeries siberia v2 are nice except they lack the detail or imaging I need for gaming because the bass is overpowered.

After some research I think the best options are the Razer Carcharias or the Corsair Vengeance 1300 but I'm not sure because have never used them. I need something with good imaging and detail for gaming and a decent balanced sound for music listening, like the Sennheiser pc360 but under 100usd (I'm poor Q.Q), it can be a headphone or a headset and it has to be circumaural because I have a MASSIVE head and have to use them for hours.

AD700 + ModMic = competitive gaming audio end game

PC360 is a great headset as well.

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #26,480 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
The bass on the HE 500 is slightly better--but that may depend in part on which pads are used on the HE 400.

It was the mids of the HE 400 that were just a little funky for me vs. the HE 500 (and other cans).

Yeah, I found vocals and trumpets to sound weird on the HE 400's. Do you know how trumpets would sound on the HE 500's or LCD 2's? I want voices and brass instruments to have a natural life-like timbre.

Does the treble roll off on the LCD 2's make trumpets sound too smooth?

The LCD-2 almost gets to how the HE 500 presents trumpets reaching the upper end of their range.  However, the treble over all is also pulled down just a bit relative to the HE 500 and the bass is pulled up a bit.

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #26,481 of 29,490
Hi All,

I am looking to purhcase a set of full sized wireless headphones to use with my TV.

Not looking to spend a massive amount somewhere between $100 - $200 but not looking for cheap ebay #$@! either.

Would love for it to have a charging dock to charge two headphones at once.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers.

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #26,482 of 29,490
Quote:
Hi All,

I am looking to purhcase a set of full sized wireless headphones to use with my TV.

Not looking to spend a massive amount somewhere between $100 - $200 but not looking for cheap ebay #$@! either.

Would love for it to have a charging dock to charge two headphones at once.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers.

If history serves as a guide, most folks who regularly check this thread are not particularly knowledgeable about or particularly interested in wireless cans.  I can refer you to this for some quality recommendations:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-wireless

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #26,484 of 29,490
Quote:
hey guys I'm going to get the hd 598 and I'm wondering on how responsive they are to equalizing as i like to tinker with it depending on the genre i listen to at the time.

HD598 is great for everything as long as you are no basshead and accept forward mids and overall a little laid back sound

Billson :)

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #26,485 of 29,490
Okay, I'm looking for a closed can with a similar fit to the Sennheiser HD 558 and HD 598. A decent clamping force with the oval-shaped bowls. Budget is ~$300. I have an open can, but am really shy about the type of media I enjoy. I often catch myself turning my music off when someone else enters the room. In addition, the rather light clamp force as well as the size of my current cans lets it slide around on my head with just a little bit of movement.

Soundstage isn't important, just comfort, balance, and accuracy. Must have average or light bass and good treble response. A sealed set recommendation might help. I'm currently looking at the Shure SRH-940.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #26,486 of 29,490
I'm looking for the best cheap headphones, less than $80, with great bass. I've narrowed down my options to these, but if I'm completely off the bat let me know and tell me what you think would be best for me. I listen to mostly electronic (many sub-genres), and indie/alternative rock. 

Superlux HD681
Superlux HD662 
JVC S500 
Panasonic RP HTF600-S
Gemini HSR 1000 (Takstar pro 80)
Takstar HI2050
Superlux HD681EVO

let me know!

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #26,489 of 29,490
Hi. I'm looking for some over ear open headphones. I listen mostly to baroque and classical music. I specifically would like headphones that sound great with solo harpsichord, clavichord and piano and chamber music. I enjoy my hifiman re0 iems so if there is something with a similar signature that would be great. My budget is around £300 and the headphones will probably be used with this http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/dacs/ehp-o2d-miniature-desktop-headphone-amplifier-with-usb-dac/
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back