++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Mar 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #26,147 of 29,490
Quote:
Look into the V-Moda M-100

This is one of those I've been most looking into. But from what I've read from the reviews, I don't see much people recommending them for alternative rock/new metal.

Would you have another suggestion less basshead?

Would the Sennheiser Momentum be a good alternative?

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #26,148 of 29,490
Quote:

This is one of those I've been most looking into. But from what I've read from the reviews, I don't see much people recommending them for alternative rock/new metal.

Would you have another suggestion less basshead?

Would the Sennheiser Momentum be a good alternative?

1. What's your budget?
  2. Where/how do you plan on using these can?
  3. What are your isolation needs? Open or closed cans?
  4. What kind of music do you listen to and what's the format/bit rate?
  5. What source device will it be coming from and what amp, if any, will you be using?
  6. Do you know what kind of signature you're trying to find?

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #26,149 of 29,490
Quote:

1. What's your budget?
  5. What source device will it be coming from and what amp, if any, will you be using?

Hello, guys!

I'm looking for a pair of closed headphones under $350.

It must be comfortable even with glasses and have a great isolation because I'll be using them in bus/train/subway everyday.

If it doesn't fold up it must have a hard carrying case.

It has to be easy to drive from an Android smartphone.

Detachable cable is big plus.

I listen mostly to mainstream pop/rock music and a wide range of rock genres which include Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold, Maroon 5, Rise Against, Evanescence, A Day to Remember, As I Lay Dying, Muse, OneRepublic, Paramore etc.

It must sound good with female singers (Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, Beyoncé, Colbie Caillat, Marina and the Diamonds etc) because they represent 45% of what I listen to.

And I prefer good built instead of good looking.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #26,150 of 29,490
Hey i am looking for a new pair of headphones i have looked at superlux hd 330 and creative aurvana live. I will use them for gaming and movies and sometimes to house music. What do you recommend for my purpose?:)

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #26,151 of 29,490
Quote:
Hello, guys!

I'm looking for a pair of closed headphones under $350.

It must be comfortable even with glasses and have a great isolation because I'll be using them in bus/train/subway everyday.

If it doesn't fold up it must have a hard carrying case.

It has to be easy to drive from an Android smartphone.

Detachable cable is big plus.

I listen mostly to mainstream pop/rock music and a wide range of rock genres which include Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold, Maroon 5, Rise Against, Evanescence, A Day to Remember, As I Lay Dying, Muse, OneRepublic, Paramore etc.

It must sound good with female singers (Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, Beyoncé, Colbie Caillat, Marina and the Diamonds etc) because they represent 45% of what I listen to.

And I prefer good built instead of good looking.

Thanks in advance!

Must have missed that. Looks like the usual suspects for you for closed, efficient cans in your price range. Sony MDR-1R, Sennheiser Momentum, Logitech UE 6000. If your head can fit them, the AKG K550 as well, although it is missing a lot of the features you're looking for. IMHO, the 1R does female vocals the best. Check out this comparison between them.

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #26,152 of 29,490
Quote:
Hey i am looking for a new pair of headphones i have looked at superlux hd 330 and creative aurvana live. I will use them for gaming and movies and sometimes to house music. What do you recommend for my purpose?:)

1. What's your budget?

Mar 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #26,153 of 29,490
Quote:
I keep going back and forth between the VModa M100 and Sennheiser Momentum (maybe Amperior). I listen to all kinds of music and cannot decide on which ones to get. I am looking for something comfortable to wear for long periods of time studying and want something warmer. I had the Phiaton MS400 and they hurt my ears but I think my ears will fit in the Momentum. 

I forgot to mention the AKG K267 also.

Mar 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #26,154 of 29,490
  • What's your budget? 500-600 swedish crowns can go higher if it`s worth the price
  • Where/how do you plan on using these can? At home to gaming for the most and movies and music
  • What are your isolation needs? Open or closed cans? Dosent matter
  • What kind of music do you listen to and what's the format/bit rate? I listen to house music for the most
  • What source device will it be coming from and what amp, if any, will you be using? It will come from my motherboard
  • Do you know what kind of signature you're trying to find? I like the feeling like when something explode and i can feel the bass. But not to overhelming i want also hear when someone step like in counter strike.

Mar 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #26,155 of 29,490
Hey Guys I'm looking to buy a new pair of full sized headphones, I'm currently toying with the idea of wireless headphones but don't really want to sacrifice the sound quality for the sake of not having a wire, I'd prefer closed back headphones and decent isolation, the headphones would be used exclusively for listening to music and my music taste is pretty diverse budget is around £130, and the source would be an android phone... Any Ideas?

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #26,156 of 29,490
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and I am in need of some advice about my situation.

I am planning to sell my hi-fi system to step to a headphone rig. This due to several reasons, one being spending all day away from home, on trains or at the university and one other the bad listening environment conditions. 
I'm posting both here both in portable amps thread, since I need advice for both. I don't know if this is right, but I don't know how to do otherwise. I've already read the guidelines. 

The matter is that I need something that should be used mostly outdoor, but, since I'm not going to keep both my hi-fi and the headphones, it should be a good replacement for my hi-fi: so, I need to choose a pair of headphones, and for the rest of the rig, since I'm using my iphone as a portable source (192+ kbps AAC), I'm thinking about an iphone lod, a portable amp, plus a full size headphone amp to use at home (lossless quality), if it's worth it within the budget. I have a valab NOS dac and a M2tech HiFace as a source at home, I don't know if I should replace or keep them. I'm searching for a good compromise outdoor and a good solution indoor, considering I will be outdoor the most of the time. It would be good to have a portable amp which would be right for both the purposes, but I'd prefer not to go around with too much expansive stuff with me, so I'm planning to spend (taking into account the secondhand market) about 250€ (about 330$) for the headphones, 120€ (160$) for the portable amp, plus something like 200€ (260$) for a full-size amp (but only if it's worth to buy it). Single item budget is flexible, but overall budget is not.

For what concerns the sound, I'm extremely ecletic, I listen to everything from classical to jazz, from the worst dance music to heavy metal, from progressive ambient to psychedelic rock / folk, so I need something versatile. Anyway, I'd like to have a deep but clear bass, but with possibly realistic trebles, and a strong temper.
Again, I need my headphones to be sturdy: since I'm spending money for something I'll be using all day long everyday, I don't want them to brake in a couple of weeks.

Can anyone help me? What do you think about this?
Thanks in advance!

P.S. sorry if my english was bad, I hope I have been clear enough. Thank you again for the support.

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #26,157 of 29,490
  • What's your budget?
  • Where/how do you plan on using these can?
  • What are your isolation needs? Open or closed cans?
  • What kind of music do you listen to and what's the format/bit rate?
  • What source device will it be coming from and what amp, if any, will you be using?
  • Do you know what kind of signature you're trying to find?

$600 budget
Not sure about isolation. Semi important but not that big a deal. Closed cans that completely cover my ears is a necessity
I listen to lots of rap some other house/trance stuff. Source will be an iPhone or tablet device. Playing back Mp3 (not entirely sure). Most of my music is streaming or downloaded from Amazon (90% is downloaded)
I will use an amp if needed

Looking for low bass and good mids. I do not like piercing highs

Thanks in advance!

Comfort is key. Wood is preferred

Been looking D2000/5000 and the w1000x

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #26,158 of 29,490
Looking to pick up a pair of headphones and amp
So far i've looked into 598's, ATH- m50's, ATH A900x's,ATH  [size=small]A900's, [/size][size=small]SRH840's,[/size][size=small] DT 990's and DT 770's and ATH AD900x's[/size]

What's your budget? ~300-400 euros total
Where/how do you plan on using these can? Gaming,Music,Movies and they will be worn only at home.
What are your isolation needs? Open or closed cans?Open, they will be worn for long periods of time.
What kind of music do you listen to and what's the format/bit rate?, Listening to jazz,hip hop,electronic,trance,eurobeat, pop and rock (i listen to anything i come accross really) FLAC and mp3 320kbps 
What source device will it be coming from and what amp, if any, will you be using? Xonar dx > the amp i am recommended > the headphones 
Do you know what kind of signature you're trying to find?An Accurate sound stage with a good balance between everything else

I am currently leaning towards picking up the AD900x's since they improve on all of the previous versions faults and seem like a very nice pair of open cans, i have no idea what amp to use though so any input on that would be great, thanks.

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #26,160 of 29,490
I've been on the search for a kick-ass pair of cans good for use inside or in a coffee shop. I listen to a LOT of metal, and tend to like it loud, so while I would prefer open construction for my own comfort, it might not be great for those around me. My ears are fairly sensitive, so something too tight or hot will be problematic. 

Thanks to a very helpful individual here, I think I've narrowed it down to either the Sennheiser Momentums or the AKH 267 Tiestos. 

Anyone have any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back