++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Feb 27, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #25,472 of 29,490
Quote:
You have my seal of approval, except you desperately need an amp. A tube amp is much prefferred because its 250 ohms. I would recommend the Bravo Audio V2 tube amp for ~$75 if you can squeeze it into your budget. That's pretty much your cheapest/best quality tube amp you can buy.

Are you SERIOUS??? A tube amp for under $100? Where were you last week with this info. :frowning2:

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #25,473 of 29,490
Quote:
You have my seal of approval, except you desperately need an amp. A tube amp is much prefferred because its 250 ohms. I would recommend the Bravo Audio V2 tube amp for ~$75 if you can squeeze it into your budget. That's pretty much your cheapest/best quality tube amp you can buy.

Interesting little amp. I don't think I've seen a tube amp cost that cheap ever.

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #25,474 of 29,490
Quote:

thanks for the advice bud, but i was kind of hoping to get a detachable cable that would be a huge plus for me. BTW that is one awesome amp!,

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #25,477 of 29,490
Quote:
will i be able to use IEM's with that amp? any gain switch?

You can always use an impedance adapter if you're getting a hiss from the amp. The free 100 ohm adapter that came with my TF10 cuts out any noise from my Apex Arete when used with Grados , Audio Technicas, and iems, but some multi BA iems don't respond well to the additional resistance.

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #25,478 of 29,490
Feb 27, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #25,479 of 29,490
Quote:

You can always use an impedance adapter if you're getting a hiss from the amp. The free 100 ohm adapter that came with my TF10 cuts out any noise from my Apex Arete when used with Grados , Audio Technicas, and iems, but some multi BA iems don't respond well to the additional resistance

Appreciated. Any ideas relating a detachable cable can under 250$ for rap Hip/hop and electronic. had the SRH840 in mind too. thanks for the help

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #25,480 of 29,490
Do you means a tube amp is preferred because of the sound signature of this particular can?

If not--then many a solid state or hybrid amp out there that can easily push a 250 Ohm can with a sensitivity rating of on or about 96 dB.
Not necessarily. The tube amp is going to give it the much needed voltage swing, those cans can reach almost 400ohms at their peak, thats where a budget solid state will whimper, but not a tube amp. This can can probably go about 600 ohms without breaking a sweat. The 600 ohms beyers can reach an 800ohm spike. You will need a serious voltage swing to keep them fed. In the budget realm of amps, solid state amps provide more current and tube amps provide more voltage. Low ohms = more current. High ohms = more voltage.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #25,481 of 29,490
Quote:
comfortable
electronic + rap
sound good without amp (320kbps from android smartphone)
around $150

any suggestions?

A good deal just came up on a set that may be interesting to you and maybe others. V-Moda M80 in white ($140) or black ($145). These seem to hit all of your criteria and the reviews are solid.

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #25,482 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
Do you means a tube amp is preferred because of the sound signature of this particular can?

If not--then many a solid state or hybrid amp out there that can easily push a 250 Ohm can with a sensitivity rating of on or about 96 dB.

Not necessarily. The tube amp is going to give it the much needed voltage swing, those cans can reach almost 400ohms at their peak, thats where a budget solid state will whimper, but not a tube amp. This can can probably go about 600 ohms without breaking a sweat. The 600 ohms beyers can reach an 800ohm spike. You will need a serious voltage swing to keep them fed. In the budget realm of amps, solid state amps provide more current and tube amps provide more voltage. Low ohms = more current. High ohms = more voltage.

How about the $99 solid state Magni and the solid state O2 for $144?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back