++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Feb 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #24,916 of 29,490
Quote:
Sounds like you like the Senns and have got some great usage out of them?  Next logical step would be going up to the 558 or 598.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361148826&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+558
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Headphones-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361148826&sr=8-2&keywords=hd+558

+1 for the 598, check this thread if you need more info http://www.head-fi.org/t/541039/sennheiser-hd-598-appreciation-thread/

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #24,918 of 29,490
Quote:
Fiio is the best out there! :D

I got my Fiio E07K and it really gets the job done, at least coming from someone barely squeaking through audiophile territory (not that I consider myself an audiophile yet anyway). Good boost in sound quality coming out of my sager and good amplitude for any of the (very few) headphones Ive thrown at them. Only distortion after the peak of all that I put it through, like my laptop with full EQ and effects through the Fiio over usb, with volume at 60 and gain at 12; you get the idea. That was with a pair of AKG k271 mk ii's anyway.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #24,921 of 29,490
Quote:
wow. These were not even on my radar, but they look really interesting. Do these need an amp? 32 Ohms looks good but the sensitivity makes me wonder.

I used them straight out of my Samsung Galaxy S3 and they were acceptable at full volume but I'd recommend getting an amp for any headphones as it really brings them to life and adds body to the sound.

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #24,922 of 29,490
Heya, 

I was wondering whether you could recommend me some headphones?
I am using them at home,
Budget varies depending on if they are worth buying.
I listen to most genres, so and alrounder headphone would be nice.

Thank you,

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #24,925 of 29,490
Quote:
Heya, 

I was wondering whether you could recommend me some headphones?
I am using them at home,
Budget varies depending on if they are worth buying.
I listen to most genres, so and alrounder headphone would be nice.

Thank you,

Not a big fan of shooting (mostly) in the dark:

What is your budget?

Are you OK with open cans (they leak sound)?

What equipment will be powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?

What is the format of your music and other sounds you will putting into these cans?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking?

Do you also plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #24,926 of 29,490
Heya,

What are the pros/cons of this headphone?

Thank you,

They sound excellent for their price. They are quite well balanced in their presentation with great detail and bass punch when called for it on a song. They are slightly warmish but have a very smooth sound. The soundstage is ok and their tone is very natural. They also isolate quite well.

Theyre exactly what youre looking for if you want an all rounder.

Feb 18, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #24,928 of 29,490

Quote:
I think the Sennheiser Momentum would be a nice pick

If only I could find momentums for $200! I would jump on that deal so fast...

Quote:
hmm
triportsad.gif
.. wasnt aware how much they are right now.. but still much less than the t5p

I was referring to the T50P, but after reading some reviews on it, I decided against it (and it goes over my budget anyways).
Quote:
The best in the neutral zone (sans Romulians) is the Sennheiser HD25-1 II, which are right at $200 absent a special deal.

How do the HD25-1 II compare to the Amperiors? I know that they're basically the same headphones, but is there a significant difference?
I was also wondering because vminnovations has refurbished Amperiors for $168. (Are they a good reseller, and would that be a good deal? I know I missed a deal for the Amperiors for $200 on Black Friday last year)

How do these compare to other headphones, say the V-Moda M80 or Logitech UE4000?

Feb 18, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #24,929 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
I think the Sennheiser Momentum would be a nice pick

If only I could find momentums for $200! I would jump on that deal so fast...

Quote:
hmm
triportsad.gif
.. wasnt aware how much they are right now.. but still much less than the t5p

I was referring to the T50P, but after reading some reviews on it, I decided against it (and it goes over my budget anyways).
Quote:
The best in the neutral zone (sans Romulians) is the Sennheiser HD25-1 II, which are right at $200 absent a special deal.

How do the HD25-1 II compare to the Amperiors? I know that they're basically the same headphones, but is there a significant difference?
I was also wondering because vminnovations has refurbished Amperiors for $168. (Are they a good reseller, and would that be a good deal? I know I missed a deal for the Amperiors for $200 on Black Friday last year)

How do these compare to other headphones, say the V-Moda M80 or Logitech UE4000?

I got those refurbed Amperiors and it's a good way to to go.  The Amperiors are basically an improved HD25-1 II.  See:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/most-excellent-sennheiser-amperior-and-hd-25-1-ii

The M80 are good bass oriented cans without going all the way to basshead territory. See:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-and-v-80-true-blood-headphones

Haven't heard the $100 UE4000.  There are reports of the cable falling out.

Feb 18, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #24,930 of 29,490
Quote:
New member here.

Looking for: Good sound isolation, no sound leakage, tight seal and decent soundstage
Price range: Under $1k USD

What equipment will be powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp and if so, which one?

What is the format of your music and other sounds you will putting into these cans?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking?

If you don't know your preferred sound signature (and even if you do), what genres of music do you plan to run through these cans?

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back