++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Feb 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #24,481 of 29,490
Quote:
I've only personally heard the DT770s. If you are looking for smooth top end, those would do it. Pretty decent soundstage and separation too. I've seen them referred to as "basehead" phones, but that was not my experience.  They do have a very nice, detailed low end, but not as pronounced as the Pro 700s  you are using now.

I used an E11 Amp with them and I thought they sounded pretty happy. They have a pretty low impedance and are designed to be used with portable music players. You CAN run them off an iPod, but of course, they sound much more dynamic with an Amp. 

Thanks for the replies, but i'm not sure what gave you the impression that i have pro 700s, all i have are vsonic gr07s

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #24,482 of 29,490
Hello.

At first, the headphone has to be COMFORTABLE. I wish the AD700, but it is more expensive than what i can spend. So, i have been searching about the AD500. Is it good for listen to music, play games and watch movies ?

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #24,483 of 29,490
Looking for some bassy headphones, listen to dance, trance, techno, dubstep, rap, hip-hop, R&B, rock, pop, k-pop (Bit of everything really, mainly EDM though). Basically want a pair that are going to be super comfortable (Big ears, big head and I wear glasses. M-Audio Q40s and Beyer DT770 Pro 80s clamped my jaw. Q40s like a vice grip, Beyers not so bad but still uncomfortable) and £100 GBP or less. Any ideas?

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #24,484 of 29,490
Quote:
HD 380 are about 200$ in my country, xonar dg is 40$, so lets say 250 is absolute max. I was eyeing xonar dg because they have an amp and support Dolby Headphone. I'm not sure about sound signature, not very experienced in audio area. I'l use them mostly at home so I guess open back are okay as long as sound leaking isn't too big. About format of sound, mostly gaming and rock/club music. Soundcard will be the only thing powering those so i guess integrated amp is needed for 380 ?

A quality sound card is almost always a major step up from on board audio.

Still can't help beyond that without knowing the sound signature you prefer and your country/its prices for cans.

I suggest that check out the buying guides that are linked in the opening post of this thread.  Check out the cans that are listed.  The let us know which ones you like and why you like them.

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #24,485 of 29,490
Quote:
Hello.

At first, the headphone has to be COMFORTABLE. I wish the AD700, but it is more expensive than what i can spend. So, i have been searching about the AD500. Is it good for listen to music, play games and watch movies ?

Where do you live and in what country do you plan to buy?

What is your budget?

Are you OK with open cans like the ones you mentioned (they leak sound)?

What equipment will be powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?

What is the format of your music and other sounds you will putting into these cans?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking?

If you don't know your preferred sound signature (and even if you do), what genres of music do you plan to run through these cans?

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #24,486 of 29,490
Hello, Head-Fi,

I'm looking for some headphones that would be good for both Gaming and Music. I'm thinking of getting the Creative Aurvana Live! or the ATH-M50 but currently i'm more partial to the Creative Aurvana Live! because of the soundstage.
I listen to about everything, but recently i've been listening to alot of Thrash/Prog metal, Drum n Bass and Trip Hop. They're pretty much only going to be used at home so i don't really care if they're open or closed.
So should i get the Creative Aurvana Live or the ATH-M50?, or should i get an alternative?

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #24,487 of 29,490
Quote:
I live in Brazil. I prefer buy here, cause i don't know many things about importations...

What is your budget?
I have in mind spend about R$350,00 (top). In dollars, i don't know how much it would be, cause sometimes we have to pay rates on importations.

Yes, i am ok. I dont mind if it is open, semi-open or closed. 

I dont have amps, i will use in my laptop (onboard sound)

What is the format of your music and other sounds you will putting into these cans?
Sorry, i am new here. What you mean when you say "format" ? If it's the music format, the answer is .mp3.

I usually listen to rock, hip hop and pop. Rarely i listen to other kinds of music.

If you don't know your preferred sound signature (and even if you do), what genres of music do you plan to run through these cans?
Answered above. xD

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?
No, i tried to use a portable headphone (AKG K450), but i didn't like. I prefer in-ear to use outside.

Thank you for your prompt attention and sorry if i wrote/answered something wrong. I am new at the "headphones' world" and my english is not so good.

Regards,
Arthur

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #24,488 of 29,490
Please, Head-Fi'ers. I'm posting this once again. Neither the person who originally replied to me or KG Jag could really help.

Copypaste

I listen to a lot of EDM and other misc electronic genres, such as breakcore, speedcore, noise, and happy hardcore. Sometimes some rock, experimental, and classical. 
I was discontent with my Custom One Pro, because it was too dark and bassy for me. Plus, I found it too difficult to drive with anything other than my phone.
I want something that is somewhat bright, with balanced sound the rest of the spectrum. No bass emphasis. Detailed. I'd prefer to have mids that aren't too horribly recessed. Soundstage must be better than something like the ATH-M30.
I'd prefer it to have at least 32 ohm impedance. 64-80 is my ideal range though. Higher may be even better, but I've not had experiences with anything over 80 as of yet.
I'd like to use it to produce on a PC with Realtek audio, but that isn't a big necessity. I already have headphones for that. So, that'd just be a bonus, honestly.
Must be portable to an extent. Closed back. Detachable cable is a HUGE plus. 
I have a cMoy BB V2.03 amp.

Budget is around $200, but can go a little higher (up to around $225) if need be.
I'm limited to whatever Amazon has, unfortunately. 

KG Jag told me that the KRK KNS 8400 may be a good choice
ANother user (Apologies, cannot remember name) told me that the Sennheiser HD380 Pro would fit me, but, I'm a bit skeptical to that one. 

Any other suggestions??

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #24,489 of 29,490
Quote:
Hello, Head-Fi,

I'm looking for some headphones that would be good for both Gaming and Music. I'm thinking of getting the Creative Aurvana Live! or the ATH-M50 but currently i'm more partial to the Creative Aurvana Live! because of the soundstage.
I listen to about everything, but recently i've been listening to alot of Thrash/Prog metal, Drum n Bass and Trip Hop. They're pretty much only going to be used at home so i don't really care if they're open or closed.
So should i get the Creative Aurvana Live or the ATH-M50?, or should i get an alternative?

Go to the post immediately above yours and answer all the questions that you have not already addressed in your request (appearing with this response).

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #24,490 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
I live in Brazil. I prefer buy here, cause i don't know many things about importations...

What is your budget?
I have in mind spend about R$350,00 (top). In dollars, i don't know how much it would be, cause sometimes we have to pay rates on importations.

Yes, i am ok. I dont mind if it is open, semi-open or closed.

I dont have amps, i will use in my laptop (onboard sound)

Sorry, i am new here. What you mean when you say "format" ? If it's the music format, the answer is .mp3.

I usually listen to rock, hip hop and pop. Rarely i listen to other kinds of music.

Answered above. xD

No, i tried to use a portable headphone (AKG K450), but i didn't like. I prefer in-ear to use outside.

Thank you for your prompt attention and sorry if i wrote/answered something wrong. I am new at the "headphones' world" and my english is not so good.

Regards,
Arthur

OK Arthur--I'll have to start with the dubious assumptions that your budget is south of $100 (the U.S. price of the 700) and that U.S. prices translate directly to prices in Brazil.

Cans that will work unamped from a computer & that have good bass, but are also balanced, include the CAL! and Shure SRH 440.  Both have more bass than the AD700, which is bass light.  The AKG K 240 Studio and Superlux HD668B may also work, but they are a bit harder to push than the other two.

Once again I’ll mention that headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #24,491 of 29,490
Quote:
OK Arthur--I'll have to start with the dubious assumptions that your budget is south of $100 (the U.S. price of the 700) and that U.S. prices translate directly to prices in Brazil.

Cans that will work unamped from a computer & that have good bass, but are also balanced, include the CAL! and Shure SRH 440.  Both have more bass than the AD700, which is bass light.  The AKG K 240 Studio and Superlux HD668B may also work, but they are a bit harder to push than the other two.

Once again I’ll mention that headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

Thanks, friend.

So your suggestion is Shure 440 or AKG K240 Studio, right ? Here in Brazil, Shure costs about R$450,00, what is much more expensive than 100 dollars. And the AKG K240 Studio is about R$420,00. 
Razer Carcharias is a headphone gamer, right ? Is it "that bad" that i cant buy ? Cause here, in Brazil, it is about R$360,00 (closer to my budget xD). I don't know how import from eBay. I dont know the prices and rates.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #24,492 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, friend.

So your suggestion is Shure 440 or AKG K240 Studio, right ? Here in Brazil, Shure costs about R$450,00, what is much more expensive than 100 dollars. And the AKG K240 Studio is about R$420,00. 
Razer Carcharias is a headphone gamer, right ? Is it "that bad" that i cant buy ? Cause here, in Brazil, it is about R$360,00 (closer to my budget xD). I don't know how import from eBay. I dont know the prices and rates.

My #1 recommendation is the CAL!:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3TMR6IEFCG0JX&coliid=I2WATH7Y1M5KS9

I don't know anything about the gaming headphone.

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #24,493 of 29,490
Quote:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3TMR6IEFCG0JX&coliid=I2WATH7Y1M5KS9

So the CAL is good, right ? Is CAL better than AKG K450 in comfort and sound quality ? Is it better than Sen HD202, K240 Studio ?
And, if i dont find the CAL, is AD500 a good choice ?

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #24,494 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:

So the CAL is good, right ? Is CAL better than AKG K450 in comfort and sound quality ? Is it better than Sen HD202, K240 Studio ?
And, if i dont find the CAL, is AD500 a good choice ?

What I can tell you is the the CAL! is the best choice for the needs you described--base on U.S. pricing.

The K 240 is also good, but your computer on board audio may not be able to power it well enough to satisfy you.

I have not heard the downline AD 500--only the AD700 & 900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back