++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Dec 9, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #22,006 of 29,490
In need help deciding on sennheiser 650 or 600. I listen to indie folk and rock-freelance whales,the xx,ra ra riot,electronic- m83 and active child, synth pop- passion pit,animal collective. I like an enjoyable headphone and I'm not a big basshead. Help is appreciated! 

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #22,008 of 29,490
I'm looking for recommendations if anyone know a good DAC with Optical Input and AC charger.

If i can get alot better quality by buying a normal DAC without all these options, i rather go with that and keep the DAC for Music on my computer. (I was thinking about M-Stage + Music Streamer II for Q701)

Thank you.

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #22,009 of 29,490
Quote:
In need help deciding on sennheiser 650 or 600. I listen to indie folk and rock-freelance whales,the xx,ra ra riot,electronic- m83 and active child, synth pop- passion pit,animal collective. I like an enjoyable headphone and I'm not a big basshead. Help is appreciated! 

If you want an enjoyable headphone then you probably want the 650 which is colored and slightly bright, the 600's are very accurate and neutral.

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #22,010 of 29,490
If you want an enjoyable headphone then you probably want the 650 which is colored and slightly bright, the 600's are very accurate and neutral.
alright thanks! I've heard that the 650s can have muddy bass is that true? Which is faser for those genres? I only have a fiio e6 right now but what amp should I upgrade to? Which has better mids? Sorry for all the questions. :p and thanks youre one of the few people that has answered me haha.

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #22,011 of 29,490
Okay, I'm not sure you guys has a good feel for what I want from my previous post a few pages back.
Budget:$200-$250
Comfort: Comfortable enough to wear with glasses occasionally for 1-2 hours. (I wear contacts mostly but I'll occasionally wear glasses going out.)
I listen to a lot of metalcore/deathcore like Parkway Drive, the Plot in You, and Born of Osiris.
I also listen to a bit of hip-hop like Nas, Kid Cudi, and Kendrick Lamar.
I'm also getting into a bit of trance/electronic.
(I know this a wide variety but I just want something to play each decently.)
I'm mainly going to be using this with my iPhone, iPod, computer, and my synth. I'd rather not use a portable amp since I'm still taking classes and I'm on the go quite a bit.
Thanks!

You could take a look at the ms400 for a small portable over ear. The dt1350 can be worn with glasses and has been going on sale for sub $250. See deals thread and classifieds for used @$200.

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #22,012 of 29,490
Ok guys my dads looking for some new headphones(preferably wireless) with a MAXIMUM of 500$ he listens to led zepplin, def leopard, eiffel 65, and occasionaly eminem.. but rarely. he has no amping components so perhaps you could put in some combo ideas. they need to isolate well and leak VERY LITTLE. thanks:)

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #22,013 of 29,490
Quote:
im looking to buy headphones for fps games(66.6%) and rock music(33,3%)

budget around 100 usd, but i can stretch to 150 if it's "must"

i listen large range of rock, from hendrix to rhcp, some "metal" like iron maiden and sometimes i like ska
prefer clear sound over bassy
but i dont want bass anemic HP like ad700 cuz bass guitar from steve harris/flea make me cower
smile.gif

i know that i need to sacrifice some bass to get Soundstage/Positional accuracy/Detail retrieval

i would like very very much that i dont need to have amp
(have xonar dx and they will used from time to time on mp3 player)

closed type will be bonus BUT not necessary
they will be used like 90% inside, and for other 10% i dont care how i look or ...

i live in croatia and my choice is kinda limited and they dont let me test them to hear ...
can buy from ebay if they are willing to ship
_________________________________________________________________-

im audio.... noob, but i did some research, looks like :
ad 700 -great for gaming but suck at rock
SR80i great for rock but suck at gaming

if we set score: bad, ok, good, verygood, great

i want headphones that are : verygood for fps/good for rock
(i can make some compromise if needed and put music to ok sound)

looks like KRK 6400 should be verygood for fps games
100 usd, dont need amp, closed/portable
but how they sound for rock music?

any other good headphones for my needs?
thx for your time

i Just purchased the KRK KNS 8400 and i am VERY happy with them. i can wear them easily for 9 hours straight so they are very comfortable (i even have protruding ears so this is a very nice suprise for me) the sound is nice but the bass i'snt extremely powerful. i see it as a well balanced sound. i listen to rock mainly and am happy with it in that area.

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #22,014 of 29,490
Quote:
Hi guys.

I'm looking to purchase a relatively cheap set of  headphones to replace my old crappy Walmart special gaming headset.  I'm sure just about anything would blow them out of the water sound wise, but I figured I would come ask here for recommendations.

So what I'm looking for:

I'll be using these for all of my general computer use.  Music (mostly classic rock, with a bit of almost everything else), movies, tv, youtube, gaming, etc etc.  Which means I'll want something that can stay comfortable for long periods of time occasionally, and can sit around my neck comfortably when not in use.  Also, I have a bit of a large head, so maybe something with a bit of a looser clamp force if that's relevant.

Budget:  I'd like to stay under $75

I hadn't heard of this site until last night when I started looking for some reviews of the Sennheiser HD428s that were on sale for $34.  And then it got late so I went to bed figuring I could get them this morning, but they're sold out :frowning2:

Look for some used KRK KNS 8400s ive worn mine for 9 hours straight. theyre well balance in my opinion and i prefer them to my akg k240 mk ii's

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #22,017 of 29,490
Quote:

It just depends on what flavor you like better.  The 600 is more neutral.  The 650 (of which there is an early and later versions) have more bass.  There are many threads comparing them.  Check them out.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #22,018 of 29,490
Quote:
Ok guys my dads looking for some new headphones(preferably wireless) with a MAXIMUM of 500$ he listens to led zepplin, def leopard, eiffel 65, and occasionaly eminem.. but rarely. he has no amping components so perhaps you could put in some combo ideas. they need to isolate well and leak VERY LITTLE. thanks:)

As mentioned not long ago, the history of this thread suggests that there is little knowledge or interest in wireless cans among most of the folks who are regulars here.  Your best place to start is probably here:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-wireless

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #22,019 of 29,490
My thread got buried somewhere so i'll give it a try here.

I currently have $30 Panasonic HTF600's with Beyerdynamic Velour pads and I find them very comfortable and the sound is decent especially for the the price but I have rattle buzzing issues with them so I figured I'm ready for an upgrade with a similar feel with better quality in sound. I was recommended the DT 770 pro 80's which I bought but I find them to be less comfortable since they clamp really tight and the bass can be really irritating on certain songs. The ear cups push so hard the isolation makes my ears feel like they are being put through suction cups. 

What headphones would you guys recommend similar comfort to the HTF600's? I will mainly use my new headphones recording and listening to mostly electronic music plugged into an MBox 2 music interface.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #22,020 of 29,490
Hey there. I'm getting some new headphones as a Christmas gift. I'm looking in the $300 area. I like wider sounding soundstage with defined clear mids. I also need good iscolation because I like to have a pair of cans I use for both home listening and ones I can use out and about. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back