++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Oct 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #20,296 of 29,490
Quote:
You are right your question is completely OT. I'll say that comply come in 3 different sizes. Try ordering the small in the round series (I think it is their "S" series or something) Go to comply's site. Find your iem and it will tell you which barrel size to get.

I'm not completely sure what OT means, but two people in my house thinks "on track." lol Thanks for replying. I found the VSonic brand, but it only has the R02 model. Will all of VSonic's models' tips fit alike? I found the S-400 for $9.95.

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #20,297 of 29,490
I'm not completely sure what OT means, but two people in my house thinks "on track." lol Thanks for replying. I found the VSonic brand, but it only has the R02 model. Will all of VSonic's models' tips fit alike? I found the S-400 for $9.95.

Sorry. It is the TS series. Im not sure on the vsonic barrel size. Try looking on their site. The ts series are 17 bucks. But u can use the "20offcomply" coupon. I wldnt use the s series.

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #20,298 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
No one except an insider can tell you about a yet to be released can.  Beyond that, you need to state the sound signature you prefer or at least the types of music you'll be putting through these cans.  Based on what they are, I assume (am guessing) that you are playing them unamped from a basic portable device or devices of some kind.

oh sorry, forgot to state so. I pretty much listen to all genres, maybe my least type is black metal (and other 'hardcore' metal genres).
my preference would be a good 'thick' bass without ruining the whole music, and I do consider my current k518 as good. But I would like an upgrade mainly because of the single sided cable
because it tangles a lot.
I have a FiiO E5 headphone amp, but I stopped using it because I frankly don't feel a lot of difference except the volume and the EQ. and I'm afraid that I'll lose it somewhere

The Spider Power Force matches your needs.

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #20,299 of 29,490
Hi, I'm looking for closed, over ear headphones for listening to music on my iphone without an amp. I listen to techno, dubstep, hiphop, and rap. $250 is my limit. Also, I'm looking for some cool models like the V-Moda Crossfade LP because I would like to wear these around school. The LPs are cool but I understand that they are very bass heavy. Has anyone tried them? I don't want the bass to be overpowering, I would prefer the headphones to be balanced. I recently tried the Sony version of beats. (I think they are called the X over ear headphones, the silver and red ones) They are really nice looking and very confortable. The bass seems to be too much for me though. I didnt really like the sound too much. The heafphones also cost $300 whuch is out of my budget, but the style is something I am looking for. Do you guys know any headphones that would fit these characteristics? I understand that the ultrasones are very popular in this catagory. Possibly the V moda m100s?

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #20,300 of 29,490
Quote:

D2000, the kings of bass, and paired with EDM? I don't think so, for neither claim, that's Ultrasone's realm.

Once again there is no King of Bass or King of EDM because we all like different kinds of bass, not to mention the Ultrasones are closed cans... I prefer open can bass to closed! There's a little more detail and a very nice FAST impact almost kind of bity

With regards to the Custom One, I would be interested in having them... I hear they are not as clear and detailed as the Dt 990 Pro and can be a little muddier when you boost em high, not to mention the Dt Pro 990 has that nice V shaped frequancy [without the roll offs u get with Pro 900 <3] 

But for bass to each his own as we all like something different

and as regards the Dt 880 for rock, I rather enjoy mine! The bass is very nice when paired with a JDS Labs cMoy BB! 

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #20,301 of 29,490
Quote:
Hi, I'm looking for closed, over ear headphones for listening to music on my iphone without an amp. I listen to techno, dubstep, hiphop, and rap. $250 is my limit. Also, I'm looking for some cool models like the V-Moda Crossfade LP because I would like to wear these around school. The LPs are cool but I understand that they are very bass heavy. Has anyone tried them? I don't want the bass to be overpowering, I would prefer the headphones to be balanced. I recently tried the Sony version of beats. (I think they are called the X over ear headphones, the silver and red ones) They are really nice looking and very confortable. The bass seems to be too much for me though. I didnt really like the sound too much. The heafphones also cost $300 whuch is out of my budget, but the style is something I am looking for. Do you guys know any headphones that would fit these characteristics? I understand that the ultrasones are very popular in this catagory. Possibly the V moda m100s?

You listen to dubstep but don't like emphasized bass? That's a first. I also don't like the looks of the Cowell headphones. I'd rather get the Sony XB800 - basically the same cans but without the celebrity endorsement.

And yes, I was thinking of the M100 the entire time reading your post. But they aren't really balanced either.

I never got into this "cool" headphone thing. If it were me, I'd just get the ESW9. Within your budget, amazing sound quality, works with your iPhone.

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #20,302 of 29,490
Hello
I need some help. I'm planning to get my first "real" headphones and I'm totally stuck and can't decide.
I listen a lot of alterative/indie/rock music and I will be using headphones mostly outside, on my way to work etc so I need something that is quite portable. I'd also prefer a little more bass. And also the look is pretty important for me.
After lots of reading I got down to 3 models:
1. Audio-Technica ATH-M50
2. Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
3. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro

I'm also amazed by those http://www.head-fi.org/products/yamaha-pro-300 but they're too expensive for a first buy for me. And they're not even out yet, so there are no reviews etc.

What do you guys think? What would be the best choice?

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #20,303 of 29,490
Quote:

You listen to dubstep but don't like emphasized bass? That's a first. I also don't like the looks of the Cowell headphones. I'd rather get the Sony XB800 - basically the same cans but without the celebrity endorsement.

And yes, I was thinking of the M100 the entire time reading your post. But they aren't really balanced either.

I never got into this "cool" headphone thing. If it were me, I'd just get the ESW9. Within your budget, amazing sound quality, works with your iPhone.

Thanks for the help! Yeah, I dont listen to dubstep too often but I have some on my phone. I looked at the Sonys and they are the exact same headphones in a different color and $150 less. My brother has the A&H xone xd 53s which sound amazing. They are very balanced and the sound I am looking for, but he bought them before I could so I am looking for a new pair. Do you know any headphones that compare to the xd 53s?

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #20,304 of 29,490
Quote:
Sorry. It is the TS series. Im not sure on the vsonic barrel size. Try looking on their site. The ts series are 17 bucks. But u can use the "20offcomply" coupon. I wldnt use the s series.

I did some research on replacement tips for the GR07, and a lot of people are saying Jay's tips fit the best. I'm not sure which Tx to purchase though. I'm thinking the Tx 200?

Here's where someone said a supplier was, and I searched for the tips. http://stereotypeaudio.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Jays+tips

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #20,305 of 29,490
Oct 17, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #20,306 of 29,490
Quote:

Thanks for the help! Yeah, I dont listen to dubstep too often but I have some on my phone. I looked at the Sonys and they are the exact same headphones in a different color and $150 less. My brother has the A&H xone xd 53s which sound amazing. They are very balanced and the sound I am looking for, but he bought them before I could so I am looking for a new pair. Do you know any headphones that compare to the xd 53s?

i used to own the xd-53, they're very mediocre for the price. sub bass off rolls early and has oddly emphasized highs that also roll off to an extent with somewhat forward mids. soundstage also seemed a little cramped and there was basically no depth. imaging was nearly non-existant. i had them two years ago though. i don't know of any other cans with such an odd sound signature. just audition a bunch of stuff and make a decision. of course my opinion is purely subjective, If you find nothing that you like more than the xd-53, just get that.

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #20,307 of 29,490
hey guys, I can get the DJ100 with the Fiio E6 amp and the ath-m50 earpads for ~$20 more than a standard Creative Aurvana Live ($100). Mostly for listening to house music but sometimes gaming and movies. Almost all my songs are 256kps and a few are 320kbps, and i mainly listen to them from either my laptop or clip+. So i just wanted your take on the options as i do not consider myself a audiophile and have only purchased $10-15 headphones prior to this.

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #20,308 of 29,490
Quote:
hey guys, I can get the DJ100 with the Fiio E6 amp and the ath-m50 earpads for ~$20 more than a standard Creative Aurvana Live ($100). Mostly for listening to house music but sometimes gaming and movies. Almost all my songs are 256kps and a few are 320kbps, and i mainly listen to them from either my laptop or clip+. So i just wanted your take on the options as i do not consider myself a audiophile and have only purchased $10-15 headphones prior to this.

i doubt there will even be a difference from your clip+ and the e6. if you want a better portable setup, the next logical step would probably be a e11 or e17(the difference in sq isn't nearly as significant as the price difference). the pads thing seems to be more of a placebo to me than a tangible difference. of course, it is up to you though.

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #20,309 of 29,490
@KG Jag, Poodytang, PurpleAngel, MShenay, Hipster2010, et al.......

I have done it. I am making an attempt to get yet another IEM/portable thread off the ground.

Please help me if you can by sending mis-posters over to it here (or even subscribe if you think you can contribute over there)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632255/portable-iem-recommendations-thread-i-e-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here-please-read-op

Who knows it may fizzle out but I think it has potential to get going.

Thanks in advance guys.

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #20,310 of 29,490
Quote:

I started off using my E6 with my new Clip Zip, but after a week I just stopped using the E6, as the Clip Zip powers my HA-S500-Z headphones just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back