++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Sep 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #19,156 of 29,490
The cowon iaudio10 can drive 24mW to the right and 24mW to the left ear at 16ohms. I am planning on the Shure SRH440. (India is really expensive for audio the 440's cost $120) Would i need an additional amp to power it? fii0 e6 or something? or is this enough? I listen to rock 90% of the time (Queen, Pink Floyd etc)

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #19,160 of 29,490
Quote:
I'm looking for a pair of phones for portable uses. At this point, I'm considering momentum, but i heard that maddogs are the best at their price point. Advice please?

depends on what kind of sound signature you're looking for. I personally like the dt1350, very clear and has minute detail, with a balanced presentation. It also comes with the most space saving carrying case i've seen yet and has the best passive isolation of anything i've ever heard. some downsides are that the headband might press against the side of your head and that the fit is VERY finnicky.

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #19,161 of 29,490
Quote:
It seems that this has a list of sale representatives (one per state, based on a small sample), not of retailers.  Am I confused?

You're correct--although web sites and email addresses are listed to contact them for authorized dealers within their respective territories.  This might provide a more direct answer:

http://www.shure.com/americas/where-to-buy/in-store

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #19,162 of 29,490
Quote:
The cowon iaudio10 can drive 24mW to the right and 24mW to the left ear at 16ohms. I am planning on the Shure SRH440. (India is really expensive for audio the 440's cost $120) Would i need an additional amp to power it? fii0 e6 or something? or is this enough? I listen to rock 90% of the time (Queen, Pink Floyd etc)

Don't know your specific equipment, but the 440 is quite easy to drive.  An iPhone 4 has no problem powering it.  The specs are set forth in the manual:

http://www.shure.com/uploads/user_guide/upload/1610/us_pro_srh440_ug.pdf

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #19,163 of 29,490
Quote:

i'm sure there's some sort of audio shop near you.

I don't doubt that but what I highly doubt is that they have they latest equipment or even close to the latest e.g. whenever I am building a new computer I source all my parts from overseas because 1. The products are here for triple to quadruple the price (and that is one a good day) or the parts are just not here period.

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #19,165 of 29,490
My new dt1350s hurt.

I want closed, comfy, mids and smooth highs if possible.

Budget. Upto 400gbp ideally.

Source. Cowon j3. Amp is okay if needed.

Though i have thought about a new pmp and external dac.

Thoughts?

And thanks!

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #19,166 of 29,490
Quote:
My new dt1350s hurt.
I want closed, comfy, mids and smooth highs if possible.
Budget. Upto 400gbp ideally.
Source. Cowon j3. Amp is okay if needed.
Though i have thought about a new pmp and external dac.
Thoughts?
And thanks!

You said "closed & comfy", I just picked up a pair AKG K550 for the office and these have to be some of the nicest closed cans I've ever heard, and very comfy.

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #19,167 of 29,490
Hi, 

I'm looking for a pair of over-ear headphones that are around or under $140. I'm willing to look on eBay / Amazon, and the likes of those. My main use for these will be music. I'll be using these for school, so they need to be fairly light, and easily portable. 

They need to: 

- Look good
- Sound good (I like my bass, but I don't want it to drown out everything else)
- Fold up
- Be a closed headphone

I'd like, but they don't have to: 

- Have a detachable cord
- Have Noise Cancelling
- Have a matte finish
- Allow me to daisy chain

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #19,170 of 29,490
Hi, Im looking for a good pair of headphones, i listen to all types of music but a lot of rap and hip hop. Im looking for clean, punchy bass kinda like a theater sound system type of sound. I also would like heavy bass but not so much so that it drowns out the mids and highs. My budget is up to $250 US. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back