++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Jul 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #16,021 of 29,490
Quote:
Hi all. I'm new here. I'm looking for a ~20$ headphones full-size. I will be using it ONLY on the PC to watch movies. So they have to be VERY comfortable (2+ hours continuos use). Nothing else nothing more. 

What headphone do you recommend for me? I was looking at the Sennheiser HD201 but I've read here that they are not really comfortable. 

Thanks.

For $20 they are about as good as any option at its usual price.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #16,022 of 29,490
Hello

I am currently in possesion og Monster Beats Studio, but i would like to upgrade them. I dont like the fact that i have to use batteries, and it leaks to much sound to the people around me. I also feel stupid wearing the same headphones as all the 14 year olds around in the city.. but thats another story.

I'm going to use them mostly though my Samsung S2. Almost exclusively by listening to music. I use spotify premium on my phone, and i listen to almost all diffrent sorts of generes. Everything from pop, to hip-hop, metal, ect. I would like them to have good bass though.

One of the most important things is that they dosn't leak sound. I use them alot on the bus and other public places, and i don't like bothering the people around me with my own music. So thats important. I also want them to look good, and don't be too big.

The budget i'm looking at is not so important. Though I dont want to go any higher than 700-800 US dollars.

Thanks in advance!

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #16,023 of 29,490
hey... What do you guys think. I ordered some Japanese pioneer steez 808....will do some comparisons in store when they arrive, but I see a couple sellers selling the akg k450 for about 10 dollars more, so about 6100 (76ish USD) yen. However, they are all no name company's, but all fulfilled with amazon. While 76 USD could be legit pricing it is like 25 under some of the big name online stores (7890 yen).. And like 40 under many like those sold by amazon (10000 plus yen). You think amazon is fulfilling fake merch?

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #16,024 of 29,490
Would the Beyer DT 880 250ohm premiums be good for classical music/ rock? Like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra? Or are there better headphones around the 250-300$ mark that would be more appropriate? I like my highs and mids, and I hear the 880s are great for those, and with soundstage.

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #16,025 of 29,490
Quote:
Would the Beyer DT 880 250ohm premiums be good for classical music/ rock? Like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra? Or are there better headphones around the 250-300$ mark that would be more appropriate? I like my highs and mids, and I hear the 880s are great for those, and with soundstage.

IMO, I find the HD600/650 does a better job with strings than the DT880, but that is most affected on baroque/quartets/partitas, etc. For orchestra, the DT880 is fine for orchestra. I like the slightly more "organic" sound of the HD600 even if it means a smaller sound stage than the DT880. Its tough to beat the HD600 for classical...

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #16,026 of 29,490
Quote:

IMO, I find the HD600/650 does a better job with strings than the DT880, but that is most affected on baroque/quartets/partitas, etc. For orchestra, the DT880 is fine for orchestra. I like the slightly more "organic" sound of the HD600 even if it means a smaller sound stage than the DT880. Its tough to beat the HD600 for classical...

Cool, I found the 880 250 ohms for 258$, so I think I'll jump on those when I get my refund. I hear they're built like tanks too, so they should last a while.

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #16,027 of 29,490
Quote:

If you really like detail, I would recommend the 880. Otherwise, I agree with the above, though I haven't heard the 600.

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #16,028 of 29,490
@Metalon:

Since you want something small and portable and are plugging directly into an android smartphone I would look into the Sennheiser Amperior and the Beyerdynamic DT 1350. The Amperior might be better if you aren't planning on getting a portable amp as I think the 1350 benefits more from an amp and is less sensitive (higher ohm). Also checkout the Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9.

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #16,029 of 29,490
Is there anything from AKG or Beyer that's in the $20-$50 price range that would be good for casual iPod listening or listening on an AV receiver?

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #16,030 of 29,490
Hello everyone, I've been looking through the forums off and on throughout the years and have now finally gotten the funds for a decent pair of headphones. I haven't been keeping up with the new headphones/price drops very well and would like a recommendation based on the following information.

Budget: Up to 200 USD, but willing to go a little over depending.
Usage: 80% Music, 20% Gaming/General Use, would definitely be a plus if they are good for long periods of time and have good portability.
Source: Looking at the PA2V2, but until then Laptop soundcard / ipod.
Music: Mostly listen to rock and metal, but I also listen to a lot poppy/pitchy vocals and classical music/piano.
Sound Preference: I would like to keep the music as accurate as possible, but with a little emphasis on bass. By little emphasis on the bass, I would like to be able to appreciate it without it drowning out the mids/highs or sounding muddy.

Thank for your time.

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #16,031 of 29,490
Quote:
Hello everyone, I've been looking through the forums off and on throughout the years and have now finally gotten the funds for a decent pair of headphones. I haven't been keeping up with the new headphones/price drops very well and would like a recommendation based on the following information.

Budget: Up to 200 USD, but willing to go a little over depending.
Usage: 80% Music, 20% Gaming/General Use, would definitely be a plus if they are good for long periods of time and have good portability.
Source: Looking at the PA2V2, but until then Laptop soundcard / ipod.
Music: Mostly listen to rock and metal, but I also listen to a lot poppy/pitchy vocals and classical music/piano.
Sound Preference: I would like to keep the music as accurate as possible, but with a little emphasis on bass. By little emphasis on the bass, I would like to be able to appreciate it without it drowning out the mids/highs or sounding muddy.

Thank for your time.

I'd consider the HD598.

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #16,032 of 29,490
Hi, everyone. I'm pretty new to, well, everything, but I'm looking to pick up a new pair of headphones and I'm having trouble finding something that will fit what I'm interested in. Here's the basic criteria:

Budget: Up to ~$120, possibly a bit more.
Usage: 30% music, 30% movies/TV, 30% games, 10% lectures/podcasts/etc.
Music type: Little bit of everything, besides dubstep
Sound preference: I am by no means an audiophile, so I'm not very good at describing sound. I've got a pair of A700's right now, and I like the pronounced-but-not-ridiculous bass. Besides that, I'm just looking for some headphones with really clear sound (or, the opposite of the murky sound I hear from $20 headphones, I guess).
Misc.: Needs to be closed back. I'll no doubt be using them in my dorm when my roommate is in the room, and probably in the library like I did with my current headphones last semester. The ear cushions need to not crush my glasses, since I switch between them and contacts every so often, which also means that the clamping can't be too forceful (like the HD 280's, or so I've been led to believe). Aesthetics would be nice, but are pretty low on the list of priorities.
What I'm considering right now: Sennheiser HD 449, Shure SRH440, Sony MDR-V6, AKG K271MKII, ATH-M50 (straight or coil cable?)

I'm completely open to suggestions if anyone has any..

Thanks!

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #16,033 of 29,490
The only ANC headphones I have heard mentioned that would be worth trying would be the PSB M4U 2 (which also have a built-in amp, so you shouldn't need to buy one for it - this may make them heavier than desired). It may be worth looking into in ear headphones or headphones that have good noise isolation.

Hmm.. looks realy realy good, gonna look into it thanks alot,
Now wich player worth buying? I prefer no big screen.

Jul 4, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #16,034 of 29,490
Quote:
Hello

I am currently in possesion og Monster Beats Studio, but i would like to upgrade them. I dont like the fact that i have to use batteries, and it leaks to much sound to the people around me. I also feel stupid wearing the same headphones as all the 14 year olds around in the city.. but thats another story.

I'm going to use them mostly though my Samsung S2. Almost exclusively by listening to music. I use spotify premium on my phone, and i listen to almost all diffrent sorts of generes. Everything from pop, to hip-hop, metal, ect. I would like them to have good bass though.

One of the most important things is that they dosn't leak sound. I use them alot on the bus and other public places, and i don't like bothering the people around me with my own music. So thats important. I also want them to look good, and don't be too big.

The budget i'm looking at is not so important. Though I dont want to go any higher than 700-800 US dollars.

Thanks in advance!

You might want to post in the portables section of the forum. You'll get better results. Also, in that price range you could start looking into CIEM's.

Jul 4, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #16,035 of 29,490
Quote:
Budget: max 90euros/115 usd
Usage: 95% music, 5% movies&tv
Music format: 90% MP3 V0, 10% FLAC
Source: iPhone
Music type: Techno, dubstep, old pop rock (Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan, Neil Young), modern pop & electro-pop.
Headphone/sound preferences: I would like a pair of closed headphones that offer detailed sound with good amount of bass. I will be using them indoors only (in relatively noisy surroundings, that's why i would prefer closed). I'm not strictly against amps, but due to my budget, i would not prefer one. They will be worn for 4-5 hours a day so comfort is very important.
Currently considering: ath-m50, sure srh-480, beyerdynamic dt770 (hard to get at my budget)

What would you suggest?

Bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back