++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Jul 1, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #15,931 of 29,490
Quote:
So i bought the DT990 Premium, I'll connect it to Xonar Phobus, When should i start the Burn-in test and for how long ? I don't want to mess with it cause warranty is going to be issue if something happens, i live in Israel and i'll need to send it to USA or to wherever shop i bought it from ebay.
If you can give me the thumb top rules for new headphones using the max 600ohm connection, from the very first time you connect it until you can use it normally.

Thanks

Burn in generally means playing it--albeit at reasonable but loud-ish levels within that range.  You can use it.  There is no reason not to.

Jul 1, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #15,932 of 29,490
Quote:

Audio-Technica ATHM40FS:

Could you guys describe the sound sig of these? I've learned a lot reading here for weeks.  These were always on my buy list, especially @ $60/shipped but I would like other choices for a neutral to warmish sounding pair. I hate grainy, brittle highs. Ipod gen 5.5. Classic country, smooth jazz, some disco and funk.  NO Metal, heavy rock!

thx

bob

Maybe you guys could just tell me if these are more neutral than the V shape big brother M50's?

Jul 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #15,935 of 29,490
Which headphone should I get?

ath-pro700mk2 vs dt700 pro-80ohm vs tma-1 vs xb1000?

Other suggestions are welcome as well. I want a closed headphone that is great for listening to music like this...

I REALLY like Kaskade.

Thank you.

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #15,936 of 29,490
I bought the JVC HA RX700's as my first set of decent headphones. I loved them. A few months ago I bought Grado SR80's. They are awesome on music but for movies and anything else, I don't care much for them. They also hurt my ears after long periods of wearing them.
Not long ago my JVC's literally broke in half. I'm looking for replace them for 60 bucks tops. 
What im looking for in these new headphones are:
- Good all around for movies and music. (no gaming)
- Decent bass
- Comfort
- Must go over ear and be sealed like the JVC's
- They will be running off my computer so no high impedance. 
What would you suggest in that price range that may be a step up from the JVC's? (even if its a slight step)
So far looking at:
sennheiser HD203
sennheiser HD419
AT M30's
Panasonic HTF-600
The cheaper the better I guess.
Thanks!

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #15,937 of 29,490
Quote:
So if my windows Volume is 100% how much to put on the website ? cause it sound very very loud even on 10

I wouldn't judge it in that manner.  Put at a loud but listenable level as judged by the average person--say 35 years old who still has his hearing.

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #15,940 of 29,490
Hey,

I am looking for potable headphones at around 100-150€. I mostly listen to Jazz and Hip-hop. I just searched on the Internet and got stuck with the Bose AE2, which seem to be quite good headphones but apparently are pretty expensive. Regarding price and size (portability) , that's what I'm looking for.

Does anyone of you have any alternative recommendations?

Thank you in advance,
likea.t100

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #15,941 of 29,490
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some new headphones. They have to be closed because I do a lot of audio recording so if I have open they will bleed too much. I listening to speech (radio and TV) through my headphones as well as rock/metal music mainly but really a bit of everything as I work at a radio station. I was looking at the Audio Technica M50 (~$150/£100 budget) ... I'm not looking for bass heavy cans. I guess because I will be listening to such a variety of music there isn't one headphone that handles everything but do you think the M50 are decent headphones?

Sennheiser = balance, try the sennheiser HD 449 if your not too heavy bass picky or the HD 439 if you want more bass.

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #15,943 of 29,490
I'm looking for a new headphone. I have the Denon D2000 and they sound great but my ears get sweaty and hot after 30 mins. Is there something you guys can recommend me that's open and comfortable. Something that won't make my ears sweat. Budget is around $100-300 but I rather spend less if I can. I was thinking of getting the Beyers DT880 but they are pretty expensive still. Kind of regret I didn't jump on it when it was on Amazon for under $200. 

Also are there anyone else here that uses their headphones while sleeping? Something that I can sleep on would be a great addition.

Jul 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #15,944 of 29,490
Quote:

You're asking a great deal for not very much coin.  Check out the excellent Superlux HD668B Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones.

P.S. I don't know your speakers.

I looked at those, but there's more than a few reviews that mention ear fatigue. If not for that, I'd probably like them. I need the cans I buy to be comfortable for 4 hour sessions.

FWIW, I also enjoy Kaskade.

Jul 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #15,945 of 29,490
Looking for new headphones, I picked up Hifiman HE-300s, and I didn't like how they sounded (I returned them today). Not quite as detailed as I hoped, maybe a bit dark. I'd like something a bit brighter, not much bass, and really detailed and forward mids, and maybe highs. I like my Sennheiser HD428s, but the detail isn't quite there and they have next to no soundstage. Soundstage is important, I was looking at Sennheiser HD558s and HD 598s, and AKG Q701s.

Open doesn't matter, and if it would give me a better soundstage, I'll go for it for sure. Budget is 150-270$ I do have an amp, a Fiio e10, nothing too amazing, but it works. I like the feel and sound of my 428s, but again, mids and highs are a must, bass can be next to non-existent for all I care, I just don't want anything close to resembling a V-curve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back