++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Jan 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #10,832 of 29,490

Quote:
The Samsons and Superluxes are virtually the same headphone.  The only major difference that I can think of is that the Samsons have a detachable cable.

From what I've read (and what I've experienced with the Sennheiser HD-series in general), the HD448s won't have enough bass for your taste if you listen to hip-hop, rap, and dubstep.

Thanks for the response, are there any other headphones in that price range you would recommend?

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #10,833 of 29,490
Budget: ~$150-$230. (I am willing to go over this, but it MUST be worth it.)
Sources: Primarily my HTC DROID Incredible (with PowerAMP) or iPod Touch (2nd Gen) with .mp3 ripped at 320 or Apple Lossless, and possible FLAC in the future. My desktop also has a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card.
Criteria:
  • They must have nice sound with GOOD, RICH BASS that doesn't drown everything else out.
  • They must be able to be driven by my phone and iPod and still sound good. I don't mind using a portable amp and LOD when I am at my house, but I don't want to NEED one if I ever take them out in public.
  • While not required, noise cancellation or isolation would be a plus.
  • I don't want too much sound leakage, if any.
  • They must be comfortable while I am wearing glasses! I will be using these when I play my PC games and I have to wear glasses when I use a computer.

-Thank You for your time and help!

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #10,834 of 29,490

Quote:
Thanks for the response, are there any other headphones in that price range you would recommend?

If you can find them on sale somewhere, the Koss Pro DJ100 are good.  I got my pair for $45 shipped from Electronics Expo, but that was a while ago and I don't think they carry them anymore for whatever reason.  A quick Google search suggests that everyone's back to selling them at $80, which is unfortunate.

Other than that, I haven't owned much else in your price range, so I can't really recommend anything in particular.

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #10,835 of 29,490

Quote:
Okay if it were between the Samsons 850 ($40) and the Panasonic HTF600 ($30) would you say the $10 dollars are worth it?

I own both, I prefer the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S, more bass.
In the future you can get the Beyerdynamic EDT 200 Velour ear pads for the HTF600-S.

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #10,836 of 29,490

Quote:
The Samsons and Superluxes are virtually the same headphone.  The only major difference that I can think of is that the Samsons have a detachable cable.
From what I've read (and what I've experienced with the Sennheiser HD-series in general), the HD448s won't have enough bass for your taste if you listen to hip-hop, rap, and dubstep.

The Superlux HD-668B has the detachable cable, the Samson SR850 (made by Superlux) has a fixed cable.

Jan 7, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #10,838 of 29,490
Seeking guidance

Use - Listening to music via my 3GS iPhone while working on the computer at a noisy coffee shop or a quiet library.

Type of music - Everything under the sun.

Option 1 - Sennheiser HD 280 Pro with either the fiiO e5 or e6

Option 2 - Sennheiser HD 448 with either the fiio e5 or e6

Option 3 - Sennheiser HD 428 with either the fiio e5 or e6

Notes - I understand the 280s are studio headphones, but the fact that they have up to 32 db attenuation of outside sound is very appealing and the fiiO should provide what my iPhone cannot. The 448 or 428 is almost a toss-up without having looked at them side-by-side. I read online that the fiiO e5 may have a better build quality for some and a few persons have mentioned that there's more of a boost in bass, whereas the e6 just increase the volume. I do like bass, but I'm not a teen that needs to be blasted away. I've tried the 428s vs the klipsch image ONE (and the skullcandy aviator since it was right there) plugged directly into my iPhone, and the klipsch headphones were more to my taste when it comes to the bass... however I'm assuming the results would be far different if I added a a fiiO into the picture.

Question - Would the 280's impedance at 64 ohms play any role in my decision making, with respect to option one (280s plugged into the e5 or e6 plugged into my 3GS iPhone)?

Thanks,
Bryan

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #10,840 of 29,490
Hello all! Im looking for a pair of headphones under $300, preferably open for better soundstage. I would like the headphones to please sound"fun" and not "analytical". I have a few priorities. 1. Works good with fiio e9. 2. Crystal clear vocals... I hate veiled and unclear vocals 3. Good bass, as i listen to rap. Thanks so much in advance!

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #10,841 of 29,490
I'm looking for something $300 or under, although I will spend a little more if I have to, I will be using mostly an iPod with FLAC files and a more portable amp (thinking Fiio E7 maybe). I listen to mostly rock (of the classic variety) and blues but do enjoy jazz on occasion as well as other types besides hip hop and techno so I probably don't need a lot of bass. I usually don't listen to a lot of music in public but do travel a little bit so open back shouldn't be completely ruled out. Your help is appreciated.

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #10,844 of 29,490
Hey guys,

I have Denon AH-2000 and im listening electronic music mostly (passive listener). Sound card is Creative X-Fi Titanium HD. Sometimes i play games too. I want more options for my near future. One friend told me to send the headset to Lawton Audio and to get audio level 2 there for my headset. As another option he gave me Beyerdynamic DT880. Now im coming here because i want to make a move and please tell me what should i do ? :D If possible please give me 2 option to choose from. 

Thank you in advance. 

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/denon-ah-d2000.php
http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-dt-880-manufaktur-customized-headphones
http://www.lawtonaudio.com/page49.html

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #10,845 of 29,490

Quote:
Hey guys,

I have Denon AH-2000 and im listening electronic music mostly (passive listener). Sound card is Creative X-Fi Titanium HD. Sometimes i play games too. I want more options for my near future. One friend told me to send the headset to Lawton Audio and to get audio level 2 there for my headset. As another option he gave me Beyerdynamic DT880. Now im coming here because i want to make a move and please tell me what should i do ? :D If possible please give me 2 option to choose from. 

Thank you in advance. 

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/denon-ah-d2000.php
http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-dt-880-manufaktur-customized-headphones
http://www.lawtonaudio.com/page49.html

Do you like a lot of bass in your electronic music?  If so, you want the DT 990, not the 880.  And I've heard good things about Lawton Audio's upgraded D2000s (LA-2000).  Another thing to keep in mind that the DT-880/990 are semi-open and open, respectively, meaning that you'll get some sound leakage and they won't isolate terribly well - but then again, neither does the D2000.

If you really like your D2000s already, I would just send them in to Lawton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back