++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Sep 27, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #7,591 of 29,490

Quote:
What's the budget across all of those? My suggestion is the Astro MixAmp, but I have no point of reference on price.

i think i can't not get this because it hard to buy and may be expensive for me :D.
thing i am able to buy at present  is creative x-fi 5.1 usb and asus xonar U3. i've search creative USB go pro review and see it not so good. is those two soundcard good for headphone ? any one use it ? . thanks very much. my budget can only reach max for creative usb x-fi :frowning2:.  but i read and see that it seem not have dolby virtual surround. just real surround ... may be i'm getting asus xonar U3 :D.

think i can't not get this because it hard to buy and may be expensive for me :D.
thing i am able to buy at present  is creative x-fi 5.1 usb and asus xonar U3. i've search creative USB go pro review and see it not so good. is those two soundcard good for headphone ? any one use it ? . thanks very much. my budget can only reach max for creative usb x-fi :frowning2:.  but i read and see that it seem not have dolby virtual surround. just real surround ... may be i'm getting asus xonar U3 :D.

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #7,592 of 29,490

Quote:
hey guys i've just received ad700 as you recommended. love it so much but it still see doesn't work best on my laptop. now i need an usb soundcard. what should i get. ?, i see the Creative gro pro, cretive x-fi 5.1 and earforce dss.7.1 . should i get one of these ? or only an AMP is enough . music with me is ok but i hope i can reach more it movies ? thank for reading my post :D

What do you mean it doesn't work best with your laptop? Are you unsatisfied with the sound somehow? or is it just because you've real all about amps and dacs on the forum and feel you're missing out on something?

Seriously, just enjoy the headphones first before spending more money on gear.

Sep 27, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #7,594 of 29,490

Quote:
Looking For Around $20 Earbuds. Please Help!

I'm looking for a neutral sound, some-what noise canceling, decent bass, and I'm going to be using the Sansa Clip+ with it.

I found this on Amazon....good buy?

Have you checked out Joker's massive iem review thread? http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-197-iems-compared-bowers-wilkins-c5-atrio-mg7-added-9-24-11/

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #7,595 of 29,490

Quote:
What do you mean it doesn't work best with your laptop? Are you unsatisfied with the sound somehow? or is it just because you've real all about amps and dacs on the forum and feel you're missing out on something?

Seriously, just enjoy the headphones first before spending more money on gear.

it very good on music i love it's very much . but i think if i buy a surround card. its sound on movies may be increase. and 1 thing i think it doesn't work best because i have use koss KSC75  and Sennheiser PC 333D. i set volume at 50% and it OK. but with ad700 i have to increase to 70%. does this happen because the headphone have not be burned yet  ?( i don't know exactly :D ) sorry i'm just an amatuer. . i used pc 333d which have a virtual soundcard. it's sound level is not good compare to AD700 but i think if have a virtual soundcard. watching movies may be more interesting . :D (. unfortunately i can't plug ad700 to sennheiser soundcard , the jack too big :D ).thank you

edit : about the volume, i think it's because of my source :D . i find it good now

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #7,596 of 29,490

Quote:
it very good on music i love it's very much . but i think if i buy a surround card. its sound on movies may be increase. and 1 thing i think it doesn't work best because i have use koss KSC75  and Sennheiser PC 333D. i set volume at 50% and it OK. but with ad700 i have to increase to 70%. does this happen because the headphone have not be burned yet  ?( i don't know exactly :D ) sorry i'm just an amatuer. . i used pc 333d which have a virtual soundcard. it's sound level is not good compare to AD700 but i think if have a virtual soundcard. watching movies may be more interesting . :D (. unfortunately i can't plug ad700 to sennheiser soundcard , the jack too big :D ).thank you

edit : about the volume, i think it's because of my source :D . i find it good now

Volume has nothing to do with quality of sound or burn-in. Look at it this way, the drivers on the AD700 are bigger and also rest much further from your ear compared to the KSC75. All other factors aside, these two would contribute to it being quieter than the Koss.

You can get an adapter to plug the AD700 in smaller jacks. They're only a couple bucks from any electronics store.

As it is, sitting at 70% is perfectly fine for most applications.

Sep 27, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #7,597 of 29,490
I'm looking for a good pair of closed headphones for work. Comfort and noise isolation is a top priority for me. The Sennheiser HD 280s used to be the go to headphones but it seems like there are better ones out there now. I looked at the Audio Technica ATH M-50 but saw some reviews mentioning it's not very comfortable since it is not really circumaural. Price range is <$200.

Any suggestions?

Sep 27, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #7,598 of 29,490
I'm looking at replacing my DT770's (or ideally finding somewhere to replace the jack) for under £200. I listen to rock pretty much exclusively and i've been told that a closed back design is better for my taste. I don't have an amp at the moment so i'll mainly be using them with my ipod around the house so portability isn't an issue. Neither is style but i'd obviously like them to be comfortable for long periods of time :) I'll probably use them for gaming occasionally but that's secondary to good music quality. I hope you guys can help.

Cheers, Mike

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #7,599 of 29,490

Quote:
I'm looking at replacing my DT770's (or ideally finding somewhere to replace the jack) for under £200. I listen to rock pretty much exclusively and i've been told that a closed back design is better for my taste. I don't have an amp at the moment so i'll mainly be using them with my ipod around the house so portability isn't an issue. Neither is style but i'd obviously like them to be comfortable for long periods of time :) I'll probably use them for gaming occasionally but that's secondary to good music quality. I hope you guys can help.

Cheers, Mike

most people reccomend grados (open) for rock music.

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #7,601 of 29,490

Quote:
I'm looking for a good pair of closed headphones for work. Comfort and noise isolation is a top priority for me. The Sennheiser HD 280s used to be the go to headphones but it seems like there are better ones out there now. I looked at the Audio Technica ATH M-50 but saw some reviews mentioning it's not very comfortable since it is not really circumaural. Price range is <$200.

Any suggestions?

The HD280 is really tough to beat for isolation. You can also consider the HD380 which I consider a step up in every way (but is correspondingly more expensive). The Beyer DT770 is another top not isolation headphone, and a lot bassier than the Senns. The M50 is ok, but not nearly as good in isolation, and I would say falls between the HD280 and 380 in terms of sound. 

Quote:

Cheers, Mike

Anyone handy with a soldering iron can fix the jack for you. If you don't know anyone, just find any electronics or audio shop to do it for you. I don't think they'd charge more than $25 for it. 

Quote:
Hi, I'm looking for good balanced headphones for metal <$100. Am I correct in saying that the Grado Sr80i is what I'm looking for?

It's a fine choice if you're ok with open headphones.

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #7,602 of 29,490
I'd recommend the HD 598 personally, but they're open as well.

Quote:
most people reccomend grados (open) for rock music.

I would avoid Grado if you want a balanced sound. They're very colored. I'd check out the Senn. HD 280...and or if you want a little more bass the MDR V6. Most people do love Grados for Metal, but they're by no means balanced.

Quote:
Hi, I'm looking for good balanced headphones for metal <$100. Am I correct in saying that the Grado Sr80i is what I'm looking for?

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #7,603 of 29,490

Hello!

I'm currently looking to replace my Skull Candy headphones that broke on me T_T, Now the music I currently listen to has quite the range variety ( Jazz, R&B, Heavy Metal, Rock, Rap, Techno / Trance, Pop, basically anything except country.

Now my price range is going to scale from 50-250

The usage of them will be for Mountain bike riding, dancing around the house ;D, and ill be using my Iphone 4 as my music station,

Pointers would be highly apperciated, I live in canada

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #7,604 of 29,490
My current open headphones are the Audio Technica ATH-AD700, which are nice, but lack bass.
So I'm thinking of selling off my ATH-AD700s and getting Sennheiser HD-558s.
Or is there something better in open headphones over the HD-558 in the $140 dollar range?
(I have a sound card with a built in headphone amplifier and a small tube headphone amplifier)

Just went ahead and ordered the HD-558, so no need for replies.

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #7,605 of 29,490
I'd suggest the HE 598 if you want to hear things around you while biking, I would find it disorienting without noise personally. Though they may take a beating if used in an environment like that...

If you want something closed I'd suggest the HD 25-1 II. Great isolation and they're very rugged. 

Both are fine out of an iPhone, and both are great all rounders. The 598 have better soundstage and mids, while the HD 25-1 II have more bass. As I said though...they're both good all rounders.

Quote:

Hello!

I'm currently looking to replace my Skull Candy headphones that broke on me T_T, Now the music I currently listen to has quite the range variety ( Jazz, R&B, Heavy Metal, Rock, Rap, Techno / Trance, Pop, basically anything except country.

Now my price range is going to scale from 50-250

The usage of them will be for Mountain bike riding, dancing around the house ;D, and ill be using my Iphone 4 as my music station,

Pointers would be highly apperciated, I live in canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Back