++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Apr 8, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #2,926 of 29,490
Hi, I am looking for a new set of headphones. My main requirements are:

Price: =< USD$200
Closed Cans

The main types of music that I listen to are Pop, Rock etc.

So far, my experiences have been limited to the Audio-Technica ATH ES55 and the Bose In-Ear headpones, but what I am looking for is a headphone that will sound 'clearer' than the Bose and have slightly more bass than the ES55's.

Thanks for your help.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #2,927 of 29,490

Quote:
Hi, I am looking for a new set of headphones. My main requirements are:

Price: =< USD$200
Closed Cans

The main types of music that I listen to are Pop, Rock etc.

So far, my experiences have been limited to the Audio-Technica ATH ES55 and the Bose In-Ear headpones, but what I am looking for is a headphone that will sound 'clearer' than the Bose and have slightly more bass than the ES55's.

Thanks for your help.
smily_headphones1.gif

Portable or big'uns? I'd recommend TMA-1 for HD 25-1 II for that price range. Across the whole spectrum the 25s are probably the way to go.

Apr 8, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #2,928 of 29,490

Hi everyone first off id like to say awesome forum!! Next i need some help,i currently have a HT omega striker soundcard and i would like some good cans to compliment it.I would primarily be using it for gaming. The cans will be hooked directly to the sound card no receiver or amp will be used.Iwould like to stay under 150.00.Thanks!!

Apr 8, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #2,929 of 29,490
Gaming round up here.

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #2,930 of 29,490
so after doing some (lots) of reading here I'm looking for a headphone , amp / dac with usb with lots of bass for under $850 closed headphones only. wooden ones look amazing so it needs to be wooden.

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #2,935 of 29,490

Quote:

you going to have d7000 at austin meet ? I'm in the area i can come and listen i can also bring hd800s with me.

I'm really hoping I will have them, but I probably won't. Drew at Moon is out of town for awhile and my cans probably won't ship until maybe the day of the meet. Although it looks like someone else may be bringing some D7000 (if you check the gear list in the thread). Hoping they show. I'd love to hear your 800s.

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #2,936 of 29,490
need guidance...My current home set up is xtrememusic xfi -> headfive -> m50 or ms1. I was wondering if I am doing it wrong by using the xtrememusic amped by the headfive or do I just need to go and buy a DAC or DAC/amp combo. I do really enjoy the headfive. Maybe I should just get a DAC and amp that?

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #2,937 of 29,490
Hello, I am looking for a new pair of headphones.

Music: Electronic (Techno, Trance, Dance, etc.)
Headphone type: Over-the-ear, Closed
Budget: $50
Brand: Does not matter much as long as it meets these two requirements: Good warranty. Stays true to the warranty (AKA: They respond to your calls/e-mails)
Experience/knowledge in audio and headphones: None
Music player (if it matters): iPod Nano 2G, Rockbox'd & Sansa Clip+

Let me start out by saying: I love my bass and beats.
I want a pair of headphones that can put them out without being muddy.
While I love my bass and beats, I also love the rest of my music. With electronic music there are a bunch of little sounds make the song, so I need some clarity too.
I would like them to be as comfortable as possible. I wear headphones for 8+ hours a day.

I'm looking for a pair of headphones that comes as close as possible to what I want within my budget.

Currently owned headphones and thoughts:
I own a pair of Sennheiser HD 202s, they are good for the price, but muddy.
My 202s got a short(?) not sure what its called) in the right ear after 3 months, another short near the jack a few days later. I e-mailed them and they are sending me a new pair now (quick and good customer support, just don't try calling them >.>)
Pretty comfortable headphones.
I bought a pair of Skullcandy TiTANs as a temporary replacement. Bad idea.
I'm not going to go into detail, but lets just say uncomfortable is just the beginning of problems.
Decent sound, though. For the price ($24 off amazon)
I only bought in-ear because I like having a pair of them handy.

Thanks,
Hunter

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #2,938 of 29,490

Quote:
Hello, I am looking for a new pair of headphones.

Music: Electronic
Headphone type: Over-the-ear, Closed
Budget: $50
Brand: Does not matter much as long as it meets these two requirements: Good warranty. Stays true to the warranty (AKA: They respond to your calls/e-mails)
Experience/knowledge in audio and headphones: None
Music player (if it matters): iPod Nano 2G, Rockbox'd & Sansa Clip+

Let me start out by saying: I love my bass and beats.
I want a pair of headphones that can put them out without being muddy.
While I love my bass and beats, I also love the rest of my music. With electronic music there are a bunch of little sounds make the song, so I need some clarity too.
I would like them to be as comfortable as possible. I wear headphones for 8+ hours a day.

I'm looking for a pair of headphones that comes as close as possible to what I want within my budget.

Currently owned headphones and thoughts:
I own a pair of Sennheiser HD 202s, they are good for the price, but muddy.
My 202s got a short(?) not sure what its called) in the right ear after 3 months, another short near the jack a few days later. I e-mailed them and they are sending me a new pair now (quick and good customer support, just don't try calling them >.>)
Pretty comfortable headphones.
I bought a pair of Skullcandy TiTANs as a temporary replacement. Bad idea.
I'm not going to go into detail, but lets just say uncomfortable is just the beginning of problems.
Decent sound, though. For the price ($24 off amazon)
I only bought in-ear because I like having a pair of them handy.

Thanks,
Hunter

All abord for the Superlux budget buss.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/546556/superlux-express-train-voted-best-budget-headphone-2011

Apr 9, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #2,939 of 29,490

All abord for the Superlux budget buss.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/546556/superlux-express-train-voted-best-budget-headphone-2011

Just wondering if it comes with a warranty?

From the looks of it the cable is detachable which means replaceable, so I don't think I should need a warranty.
If you own this can you confirm? I may need to buy a adapter.
EDIT: Confirmed from reviews. It has detachable cables.
Also, if you bought this, can you confirm a trusted seller?

Thanks,
Hunter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back