++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Oct 8, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #7,921 of 29,490
Oct 8, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #7,922 of 29,490

Quote:
Koss ProDJ100

Most people recommend an amp with them, but they sound fine without one. They're marketed as a DJ headphone but are mid focused and do vocals (IMO) the best in their price range. 

Ah so you've listened to those as well? I remember that tdockweiler is in love with the DJ100's, hahahaha.

Oct 8, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #7,923 of 29,490
I've been meaning to buy a pair for a long time but they just keep getting bumped down the list. I've wanted some ever since I heard them. Amazing for the price.

Quote:
Ah so you've listened to those as well? I remember that tdockweiler is in love with the DJ100's, hahahaha.

Oct 8, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #7,924 of 29,490

Quote:
Sennheiser HD555, check the sale forums there's a few available. 
The D2000 has lousy isolation, but the soundstage is good and is very comfortable. Within the price range you could also consider an Ultrasone HFi780, Phiaton PS 500, Senn HD380.

Would those all be upgrades from the M50?

Oct 8, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #7,925 of 29,490

Quote:
Buying headphones for my mom - she's hooked after hearing her favorite music run through my newly purchased DT 990
beyersmile.png

Is there anything out there that's sub $100, lightweight, has a focus on vocals, and can be easily driven by a laptop? Thanks!

There's a bunch of the Senns... PX100-ii, PX200-ii, HD228/238

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #7,927 of 29,490
Oct 8, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #7,930 of 29,490
Hey guys, Its me again, I'm looking for a neutral full sized headphone at around $150 for a friend, it can not be open back and has to be at least decent looking. It will be used unamped from a macbook (horrible, but gets the job done). These will be his first pair of decent cans.

Thanks in advance and I await your excellent responses 
popcorn.gif

edit: I convinced him to accept open backs as well since he'll be using them at home

edit 2: he realised he'll be using them out of the house too

Oct 8, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #7,931 of 29,490

Quote:
I doubt it. The HD650s are renowned for their wide and deep soundstage.

I've heard the contrary, that the soundstage is quite small for an open headphone.  I have heard the HD650, but I am hesitant to say objectively this is the case, since I have listened to mostly closed headphones.  I can say that the QP400 (open back MB Quart - GMP400 is current production model) has a much, much larger soundstage in comparison.

Oct 8, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #7,934 of 29,490
Hello

I'm 'relatively' new to high-end headphones (had hd565s before) so my question is the following.
I'll be buying Sennheiser's HD800s and I've read really alot about them.
Pretty much everyone says they require a dedicated AMP. 
So my question is which kind of AMPs (if there are more kinds) should I be looking at and how much does a decent AMP cost, and what's the average cost of AMPs in general. Also which amp is most suggested for HD800s?

Oct 8, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #7,935 of 29,490
Can skip this paragraph if you want just blah blah stuff,
Hey guys, new here been looking at headphones for about 6 months now, bringing me by your forum many times. I just started college @ the ripe age of 27 did 5 years Navy then worked for a couple years at a factory but an inflamed injury from my time on active duty forced me out of a job and into therapy. I Had to have something to do with my time so set my mind on getting my bachelors degree. I have a 2 year old and a wife with a big mouth running around my house so need some sort of noise reduction while I'm studying. 

Blah blah filtered
A friend of mine is building us both amps pretty sure we are going to go with the Bijou concept. I'm going to build some custom enclosures for us (solid cabinet making experience). 
I need noise reduction or noise cancellation headphones that I can wear for long periods (5+ hours). I love gaming and music (mainly rock). I've almost decided on Pearl Drum Monitors (redone Beyerdynamic 770s) http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PDM250 but not entirely(suggestions that may be better) around 2-300 would be my budget. Amazon has them cheaper but that's the best description I could find. If there's a better option for amp schematics or thoughts on headphones some input would be great. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back