++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Nov 20, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #21,347 of 29,490
Unfortunately im looking to spend under $120 :/

I am starting to sound like a broken record because i recommended them about 4 times in the last two days, but for what you are asking, the KRK8400 would fit your needs perfectly also if that is your price limitation.

WIll cost you an extra 20 bucks although I saw a used one in the classifieds for 100.

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #21,348 of 29,490
I am starting to sound like a broken record because i recommended them about 4 times in the last two days, but for what you are asking, the KRK8400 would fit your needs perfectly also if that is your price limitation.
WIll cost you an extra 20 bucks although I saw a used one in the classifieds for 100.

I looked it up on amazon; all i could see was KRK KNS8400. Are those the same thing?

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #21,349 of 29,490
Hi Everyone,

I am considering purchasing the Luxman DA-200 for my Macbook Retina and Grado PS1000.  The internet offers very few substantial reviews on the DA-200 -- does anyone by chance know of a site or magazine that has reviewed this model?  Has anyone personally used it, preferably with the Grado PS1000's?  More importantly, would you recommend it over similar models from Bel Canto, Red Wine Audio, and Lehmann Audio (for my setup)?  I will only be using it to listen to digital music, mostly rock and jazz, through my headphones.  Thanks so much for all your help.  

All the best!

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #21,350 of 29,490
Hi Everyone,

I am considering purchasing the Luxman DA-200 for my Macbook Retina and Grado PS1000.  The internet offers very few substantial reviews on the DA-200 -- does anyone by chance know of a site or magazine that has reviewed this model?  Has anyone personally used it, preferably with the Grado PS1000's?  More importantly, would you recommend it over similar models from Bel Canto, Red Wine Audio, and Lehmann Audio (for my setup)?  I will only be using it to listen to digital music, mostly rock and jazz, through my headphones.  Thanks so much for all your help.  

All the best!

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #21,353 of 29,490
My brother actually has a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 and i quite enjoy them. Do you know how the sound of the HD 280 compares to the KRK KNS 8400?

This is funny because I just had the same discussion with someone on another thread on the same two HPs. Listening to both of them side by side, in comparison I feel like I have cotton in my ears using the 280. I am not a fan of that HP in general (280) but the imaging and midrange detail of the KRK is far better imo. I also think the highs are quite detailed without being a "bright" headphone. Well worth spending the extra few bucks. They also have a detachable cable which is nice. I had a guy listen to both side by side just the other day and he gladly forked over the extra cash.

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #21,357 of 29,490
hi all :)

I've just started looking for a set of headphones but since i'm completely new to this, i'd really appreciate some feedback and suggestions.

The main use for the headphones would be to connect them to my Onkyo amplifier for playing games on my ps3. I currently use a Sony CD950 set but i find them quite uncomfortable to wear. Also, i might consider using them with my iPod if they prove to be comfortable to wear and a considerable improvement over the standard apple headphones (which i currently use on my ipod). I never intend to take the headphones outside and there is not a lot of noise around me.

I'm not an audiophile so i don't need the most expensive ones but i want to invest in a decent quality headphone nonetheless. Certainly something that is comfortable to wear for longer periods and with decent sound quality.

I have been searching a bit here and there and i set my eye on the Sennheiser HD598 or even the new Sony MDR-1R. So i was wondering: would that type of headphone be a good choice/price category for my intented purposes? Or am i totally missing the point? Also, if i was to buy the Sony MDR-1R, i noticed that the supplied cable is only 1.2 m (according to the specs). My CD950 has a much longer cable and i need this length when sitting in my couch in front of the tv. Are headphones like the HD598 or MDR intented for mobile use (on the road/ipod/...) or are they also intented for hooking up to an amp? Can i just buy a longer cable and plug it in?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #21,358 of 29,490
What would be a close competitor to the RE0 in-ear headphone?? I will listen to mainly electronic music, so I need a flat EQ in mids and trebs but a little bit more punch in the bass. Thanx!

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #21,359 of 29,490
Hi guys,
Hope you can help me. I am looking for some headphones to buy but because of all the possibilities I need some help, so thats why i'm here.

My maximum budget is $200 (maybe 250 if it's really worth the extra costs).
The music I listen to varies from Miles Davis to Jay-Z to Jimi Hendrix to acoustic guitar, so basically I will need an allround headphone to connect to my iphone. 
Another important thing to know is that the headphone needs to be easy to travel with. I'm planning on using it mostly on the streets or train. From what I understood this means I will probably need an closed headphone right? Because I also don't want to the guy who bothers everybody else on the train while listening to my music. Also I read somewhere that the noise cancellation headphones have a lower sound quality? In that case the noise cancellation is a no-go because sound quality is important for me (and also the train doesn't make that much noise where I live). 

If possible I would prefer headphones that aren't that big (foldable isn't a requirement) and can be placed around the neck while talking to somebody or when I just don't feel like listening to music at that moment.

So basically:
- Maximum budget: $200
- Type of music: Allround
- Closed (I think? Please correct me if i'm wrong)
- Comfortable while listening to music but also comfortable while placed around back of my neck (meaning I can still move my head normally)
- Not to big

I really hope you can help me with some good options because, like I said, the amount of possibilities is making me dizzy.

Thanks,

Jalb

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #21,360 of 29,490
Hi guys,
Hope you can help me. I am looking for some headphones to buy but because of all the possibilities I need some help, so thats why i'm here.

My maximum budget is $200 (maybe 250 if it's really worth the extra costs).
The music I listen to varies from Miles Davis to Jay-Z to Jimi Hendrix to acoustic guitar, so basically I will need an allround headphone to connect to my iphone. 
Another important thing to know is that the headphone needs to be easy to travel with. I'm planning on using it mostly on the streets or train. From what I understood this means I will probably need an closed headphone right? Because I also don't want to the guy who bothers everybody else on the train while listening to my music. Also I read somewhere that the noise cancellation headphones have a lower sound quality? In that case the noise cancellation is a no-go because sound quality is important for me (and also the train doesn't make that much noise where I live). 

If possible I would prefer headphones that aren't that big (foldable isn't a requirement) and can be placed around the neck while talking to somebody or when I just don't feel like listening to music at that moment.

So basically:
- Maximum budget: $200
- Type of music: Allround
- Closed (I think? Please correct me if i'm wrong)
- Comfortable while listening to music but also comfortable while placed around back of my neck (meaning I can still move my head normally)
- Not to big

I really hope you can help me with some good options because, like I said, the amount of possibilities is making me dizzy.

Thanks,

Jalb

Perfect portable all around headphones IMO;

Sennheiser HD25-1 II
Beyerdynamic DT1350 (there are a few in the classifieds for about $200)

Portable over ear.

UE6000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back