++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Oct 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #20,206 of 29,490
Quote:
Nice music you linked to.
I have the xb700. They are nice and the bass won't kill everything else but I've read that the xb500 is even more bassier

The 700 is more sub bass but the MID BASS SUX... it rolls off so terribly

and yes the Xb 500 has basically a str8 line at about +15db right up to like 300 hrz maybe but despite being bassier it lacks detail and is a little muddier

But I still Like my Xb 700, the bass is there wheather you want it or not but everything else sounds decently enjoably [where as the Dt 880 has a nice smooth sparkly tebele and mellow bass]

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #20,208 of 29,490
Quote:
I think that's the 990 Premium which has less bass than the pro... so I'm not sure  I want a V shaped Can that is trying to be balanced xD

Although I do want teh dt 990 Pro since it has more clamp force [which makes the bass more prodominant]

The premium has only very slightly less bass, only because of its just slightly weaker clamping force. They're both tuned for extra bass & highs and I consider them to be the same headphone aside from looks, slight difference in clamping force, and manufacturing variances. But I assure you neither is 'trying to balanced'. :wink:

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #20,209 of 29,490
Quote:

The premium has only very slightly less bass, only because of its just slightly weaker clamping force. They're both tuned for extra bass & highs and I consider them to be the same headphone aside from looks, slight difference in clamping force, and manufacturing variances. But I assure you neither is 'trying to balanced'. :wink:

yet one is $169 and the other is around 260 ish lawl

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/92807-REG/Beyerdynamic_459038_DT_990_PRO_Studio.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=614494&Q=&is=REG&A=details

So my response is FREAKING really... 2x the price for a little LESS bass LAWL what... [yea there is Mass Drop for around $230 or something]

But hey if Byerdyanic can sell you the same can for 2x as much and YOU agree to pay it... good for them <3 then again I don't care about looks really... just sound :D

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #20,210 of 29,490
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please recommend me a full-sized headphone that suits my preference. I got a Creative Aurvana Live and a Philips Citiscape Uptown and unfortunately they are not for me. I also have a Koss PortaPro and they are actually good but I want a headphone with more clarity and detail in the vocals. I decent amount of bass would be good too.

The type of genre I listen to is Alternative(mostly), Alternative Rock, Pop Rock, Rock, Country and a little bit of Reggae. These are some of the bands that I listen to: 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Dishwalla, Lifehouse, The Calling, The Used, The Cab, The Fray, 30 Seconds to Mars, All Time Low, Hey Monday, Automatic Loveletter, Wheatus, We The Kings, Yellowcard, Saosin, Taylor Swift, Taking Back Sunday, Sublime, New Found Glory, Breaking Benjamin and Mayday Parade.(Yes, I know I stated a lot but I just want you to picture out what kind of music I am into. Hehee) 

My setup is a Laptop with a Fiio E17. My Budget is up to $300. I can stretch a little bit but I prefer if the headphone is in the $100-$200 price range. A Closed-type headphone is what I'm after(Don't want to disturb anyone at home) but I'm also open to Open-type headphones. Looks doesn't matter to me as long as it can deliver the sound I desperately wanting to hear.

Thank you so much in advanced for helping me. Have a nice day! :)

Bumping for everyone to see.. I got the AKG K550 on my list. Anyone else would like to suggest?

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #20,211 of 29,490
Oct 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #20,214 of 29,490
Quote:
Nice music you linked to.
I have the xb700. They are nice and the bass won't kill everything else but I've read that the xb500 is even more bassier

As a user of the XB700 how much would you say it leaks? I heard it leaks quite a bit, which will be a problem for me.

Quote:
The 700 is more sub bass but the MID BASS SUX... it rolls off so terribly

and yes the Xb 500 has basically a str8 line at about +15db right up to like 300 hrz maybe but despite being bassier it lacks detail and is a little muddier

But I still Like my Xb 700, the bass is there wheather you want it or not but everything else sounds decently enjoably [where as the Dt 880 has a nice smooth sparkly tebele and mellow bass]

You are saying the mid bass rolls of terribly, how will I notice (will I at all?) that as a listener with very little experience?
I have just listened to the standard Samsung earbuds, the Koss Porta pro and my Razer Megalodon (gaming headset) thats about all the experience with headphones that I have. (Have heard the Beats Solo and they seemed OK to me with this little experience
confused_face_2.gif
(Wasn't all that impressed by them though, and know that they are extremely overpriced)).

The DT880 are way too expensive for me at the moment, I need something in the price class of Creative Aurvana Live and the Sony MDR-XB 700.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #20,215 of 29,490
Quote:
this is my first post on this forum and guys i need your help. i am considering to buy ie 60 can any of you tell how is it and i havent used any expensive iems till date and only other iem i haved is s5i. earlier i was considering ie 80 but then i thought buying high end iems directly i wont be able to appreciate its quality and would i have wasted 450 $. can anybody please tell is it worth 250 $.

I'm having difficulty understanding your post.  If you are asking about IEM's, this is wrong section of the forum for that.  This is the Full Sized Headphones recommendation thread.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #20,216 of 29,490
Quote:
OK so I would like a "audiophile" system for around $600.

Will be used for FLACs from Foobar 2000 and Spotify.

Currently have ATH-M50 and Fiio E7 which I will keep for my portable rig with my iPod Classic 160GB.

Music tastes ranges from Rock, Pop, RnB, Jazz, Electro, Acoustic, Rap and everything in between. 

Things I am looking for are soundstage, "dynamics" ( I want to hear everything on the recording) and longevity (don't want to upgrade this for a few years) 

Looking at so far:

AKG Q701 - $226.66
JDS Labs Objective2 Headphone Amplifier - $144
JDS Labs Standalone ODAC - $149
FiiO L2 3.5mm Interconnect Cable - $9.95
Woo Audio HPS-H Aluminum Headphone Stand - $50

Total = $579.61

Any thoughts / feedback would be greatly appreciated

Focusing on you headphone choice, it is a great one that meets your objectives and will provide a major sound signature choice from that of the M50.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #20,217 of 29,490
Quote:
Hello, this damn headphone addiction its driving me insane. I got the hd800 and the t1 that I listen mostly to with my MF m1 hpa amp and m1 dac. I've heard/read so much abot the audeze lcd2's (mostly good). Will these really do me any good, having in mind that I already own the hd800 and the t1?

You need to post this in the Summit-Fi section of the forum.  You're talking exclusively about cans that are about $1,000 and up.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #20,219 of 29,490
Quote:
OK so I would like a "audiophile" system for around $600.

Will be used for FLACs from Foobar 2000 and Spotify.

Currently have ATH-M50 and Fiio E7 which I will keep for my portable rig with my iPod Classic 160GB.

Music tastes ranges from Rock, Pop, RnB, Jazz, Electro, Acoustic, Rap and everything in between. 

Things I am looking for are soundstage, "dynamics" ( I want to hear everything on the recording) and longevity (don't want to upgrade this for a few years) 

Looking at so far:

AKG Q701 - $226.66
JDS Labs Objective2 Headphone Amplifier - $144
JDS Labs Standalone ODAC - $149
FiiO L2 3.5mm Interconnect Cable - $9.95
Woo Audio HPS-H Aluminum Headphone Stand - $50

Total = $579.61

Any thoughts / feedback would be greatly appreciated

Like KGJag said, this should work quite well for you. The ODAC/O2 combo is great, but make sure to get the O2 with the plug adapter included (unless you already have a wall plug that will work).

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #20,220 of 29,490
Quote:

You are saying the mid bass rolls of terribly, how will I notice (will I at all?) that as a listener with very little experience?
I have just listened to the standard Samsung earbuds, the Koss Porta pro and my Razer Megalodon (gaming headset) thats about all the experience with headphones that I have. (Have heard the Beats Solo and they seemed OK to me with this little experience
confused_face_2.gif
(Wasn't all that impressed by them though, and know that they are extremely overpriced)).

The DT880 are way too expensive for me at the moment, I need something in the price class of Creative Aurvana Live and the Sony MDR-XB 700.

Mid-bass is more of the "mainstream bass" IMO. The Beats have a big hump in the mid bass, but roll off quickly in the sub-bass. The sub-bass is the lower frequency bass (generally below 80hz) and would be the bass that a dedicated home theater subwoofer would produce. This has a lot more rumble and eventually can get to a point that is barely audible but you can still feel the sound. I don't know what other cans you were looking at or your original post, but the Ultrasone HFI580/DJ1 would be another bassy headphones to look into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back