Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 15, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #7,524 of 11,644
I don´t know any other sound signature, which lures you into the heart and soul of the music as much as the FAD PF Series does.

Nov 15, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #7,526 of 11,644
All this glorification of the PF X series....
Highly understandable considering it's Final, but here I am with the FI-BA-SS absolutely adoring them. It makes me wonder so much since I've never tried the PF series despite all the positive talk. Please fill me in, what's the magic this time?

Listening to the FI-BA-SS is like looking onto the world with polarized glasses:

Polarized_800.jpg

Listening to the PF series is like looking onto the world with rose-colored glasses:

rose_colored_glasses_800.jpg

9jpx3U3.png

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #7,528 of 11,644
Thank you for the tip on the cable. Regarding tips that may help your situation, I’m not familiar with the snugs (although I’ve read good things), but how about Comply foam tips? They’re inexpensive and they will definitely help with keeping the AKR02 in place. The T400 are the series that work.

Best of luck resolving the issue ... worth the effort since the AKR02 is a beautiful sounding earphone.

A follow up on this: I ended up repairing the original defective cable that came with the AKR02. It was an easy fix, just replacing the plug, which the local audio repair shop did while I waited. So now with the original, thinner cables the AKR02 stays in my ears nicely. I still have the thicker replacement cables, plus the q-JAYS Anniversary edition cable if I ever need it.

So the message to AKR02 fans is that there are a lot of options if you need to replace or fix your cables.

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #7,530 of 11,644
Congrats on your X-CC. One day, I would like to own these from all the great comments I’ve read. I’m a big fan of final.

I still have mine X-G up for sale if anyone is interested. My strong choice is Final Lab II, as I wrote somewhere here before :wink: Still X-G is more comfortable.

This was an impulse purchase for me because of a recent personal event. However, I don't regret even a bit. I tried Piano Fort VIII as well, Not a huge fan. Too muddy. Stay tuned for their second generation models with a suffix of -T, like Piano Forte X-T. Those should have tiny tweaks and come with silver cables, but are just not available in North America yet.

Note that these are really copper cables, only covered in silver; thus I don't think we could count them as hybrid, even. They are decent. I tested on Lab II many times. Cables like Forza Noir Hybrid or Lavricables make Lab II give more information and even better transparency. But Final cables are decent enough not to be ashamed, and they're much thinner. Still the original PianoForte series cables are MUCH more comfortable - less weight, they don't pull the earhone out of my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back