Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 8, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #7,546 of 11,644
Anyone compare the Heaven IV to the Oriveti New Primacy?

What kind of preference do you have,

The Oriveti bass is more dynamic and also extends better, but the Heaven IV is tighter and more controlled.

The midrange is smoother and sweeter on the Heaven, the Oriveti having a slightly leaner texture to it's midrange. The Oriveti focusses on more subtle detail retrieval, and the Heaven IV more on a sweeter and more emotional tone.

The highs on the Oriveti are brighter and have better detail retrieval, but the Heaven is more controlled and again smoother.

The Heaven is smooth, sweet, well separated and a very good IEM with great soundstaging capabilites. The Oriveti is a little leaner, bringout out more micro detail, and also can be a little more fun with the more dynamic low end. The Oriveti does better with more complex tracks, the Heaven can get a little congested.

They are quite different sound signatures, so it will come down to preference. I like the brighter presentation of the New Primacy, but for acoustic music the Heaven are better.

Jan 8, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #7,547 of 11,644
What kind of preference do you have,

The Oriveti bass is more dynamic and also extends better, but the Heaven IV is tighter and more controlled.

The midrange is smoother and sweeter on the Heaven, the Oriveti having a slightly leaner texture to it's midrange. The Oriveti focusses on more subtle detail retrieval, and the Heaven IV more on a sweeter and more emotional tone.

The highs on the Oriveti are brighter and have better detail retrieval, but the Heaven is more controlled and again smoother.

The Heaven is smooth, sweet, well separated and a very good IEM with great soundstaging capabilites. The Oriveti is a little leaner, bringout out more micro detail, and also can be a little more fun with the more dynamic low end. The Oriveti does better with more complex tracks, the Heaven can get a little congested.

They are quite different sound signatures, so it will come down to preference. I like the brighter presentation of the New Primacy, but for acoustic music the Heaven are better.

I have the E3000 and really dig it. With wide bore medium silicone tips it takes the boominess of the signature away. If the E3000 was a bit more fast paced and a bit brighter it would be near perfect as the soundstage is wide. I've been looking at the Oriveti for a while and thought the Heaven IV would be the logical step since I like the E3000 so much.

Are the New Primacy $50 better than the Heaven IV and what tips did you use with each IEM?

More than likely the DAP will be a Colorfly C10 into a ALO RX.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #7,548 of 11,644
I have the E3000 and really dig it. With wide bore medium silicone tips it takes the boominess of the signature away. If the E3000 was a bit more fast paced and a bit brighter it would be near perfect as the soundstage is wide. I've been looking at the Oriveti for a while and thought the Heaven IV would be the logical step since I like the E3000 so much.

Are the New Primacy $50 better than the Heaven IV and what tips did you use with each IEM?

More than likely the DAP will be a Colorfly C10 into a ALO RX.

If you like the E3000 the Heaven IV would be the logical upgrade indeed, the bass on the Oriveti is quite full and you might not like it if you want slightly less than the E3000.

Jan 17, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #7,551 of 11,644
I have a question about the E3000 : being an "open" In Ear Monitor, is the air pressure in the ear reduced vs closed IEMs, and can it compare (pressure wise) to earbuds ?
I have tinnitus, and I'm sensitive to air pressure in the ear canal (and don't want to take my Zeus to office...).

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #7,552 of 11,644
I have a question about the E3000 : being an "open" In Ear Monitor, is the air pressure in the ear reduced vs closed IEMs, and can it compare (pressure wise) to earbuds ?
I have tinnitus, and I'm sensitive to air pressure in the ear canal (and don't want to take my Zeus to office...).

I can’t speak directly to the E3000, but I have tinnitus. My Heaven III resulted in eardrum pressure and more apparent tinnitus volume. I have found that the HDSS earphones like the Blue Ever Blue 2000EX and the Alpha Delta D6 seem to minimize the perception of my tinnitus. Both earphones have much less apparent eardrum pressure than other earphones I have tried. YMMV

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #7,553 of 11,644
I can’t speak directly to the E3000, but I have tinnitus. My Heaven III resulted in eardrum pressure and more apparent tinnitus volume. I have found that the HDSS earphones like the Blue Ever Blue 2000EX and the Alpha Delta D6 seem to minimize the perception of my tinnitus. Both earphones have much less apparent eardrum pressure than other earphones I have tried. YMMV
Heaven III doesn't seem to be an open IEM like E3000...
What make these 2 models special ? Are they "open in ear monitors" ?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #7,554 of 11,644
Can someone who owns the E3000 of the open back brings the benefit of less air/acoustic pressure than a closed IEM ?

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #7,555 of 11,644
Can someone who owns the E3000 of the open back brings the benefit of less air/acoustic pressure than a closed IEM ?

I never found the pressure to be an issue, along with no driver flex. So the pressure is defintiely less than a typical fully sealed IEM, but not as open as the Alpha&Delta D6 for example.

The E3000 still isolate fairly well, the vent is very well implemented, and they are not an open IEM (think iSine etc...), just vented.

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #7,556 of 11,644
I never found the pressure to be an issue, along with no driver flex. So the pressure is defintiely less than a typical fully sealed IEM, but not as open as the Alpha&Delta D6 for example.

The E3000 still isolate fairly well, the vent is very well implemented, and they are not an open IEM (think iSine etc...), just vented.
Thank you for your answer. Isine is far too expensive for my need (not willing to buy a second Zeus), the A&D D6 a little too expensive too.
Do you have other models in mind with even less pressure than E3000, but cheaper than A&D D6? I
f not, I notice that you confirm anyway the reduced pressure over "typical IEMs"...

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #7,558 of 11,644
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #7,559 of 11,644
I’m just a consumer with tinnitus. The technology works for me. I will send a pm to you with a contact to a manufacturer that uses HDSS. I don’t want to further derail a thread about Final Audio.

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #7,560 of 11,644
I’m just a consumer with tinnitus. The technology works for me. I will send a pm to you with a contact to a manufacturer that uses HDSS. I don’t want to further derail a thread about Final Audio.
Ok thank you. Indeed, if E3000 isn't the best answer to my question, we are off topic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back