Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 20, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #7,531 of 11,642
I own the LAB01 too, but the PF-X-T25 still is 1-2 Leagues higher in terms of SQ. At least imo.....

Yep, I have Lab 1 too, and I'm thinking about letting them go also. Don't know why, maybe I have too much, and Sonorous X and Lab II is end game for me (and Stax SR-009). Sorry for advertising, but if anyone is interested, you may listen to them in Warsaw.

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #7,532 of 11,642
Nov 20, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #7,533 of 11,642
excellent comfort , perfect fit :)

You are probably loosing some of the sound this way, the front opening actually contributes to the sound by reflecting the sound towards your ear which gets collected and sent to canal. This way you are most likely blocking it or the sound from it isn't reaching your canal as much as it could.
However, there is obviously a question of different ear shapes, this actually might work better for you than regular fit.

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #7,534 of 11,642
I have big holes in my ears so only now is better the same big soundstage ,details ,
euphoric
Previously x-g could fall out of the ear now is stable...
In the photo you can see the hole at the bottom of my ear so there is a lot of air between the ear and x-g ....

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #7,535 of 11,642
My very best setting for 1z + Piano Forte X-G just equalizer on rest direct mode 20171120_153226.jpg

Nov 20, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #7,536 of 11,642
You are probably loosing some of the sound this way, the front opening actually contributes to the sound by reflecting the sound towards your ear which gets collected and sent to canal. This way you are most likely blocking it or the sound from it isn't reaching your canal as much as it could.
However, there is obviously a question of different ear shapes, this actually might work better for you than regular fit.

This is not the way the PF are meant to be worn. Takai - San (the designer) always said "The Piano Fortes should nestle into the curve of the ear and sit just inside the ear canal." If you do it right, the PF sound like a high end turntable with mc cartridge. No surprise, because Takai - San was very famous in Japan for his mc cartridges.

Dec 26, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #7,539 of 11,642
Good Day People,

I have a few questions about the heavens and the Fseries...
I have started investing in IEMs for only a year plus now, so forgive me for any noob statements...

I started with a pair of denons with 2 dynamic drivers, till one day I walked into Jaben and tested the FAD heaven iv, My god was it beautiful.. the bass became a little light and tappy but the vocals were accentuated beyond belief...
Here I am one year later armed with a dac/amp and looking for an upgrade... Looking to change into the Heavens V...

I was wondering how does the F4100 compare to the Heavens V and what is the main difference...
I have so far tested the F4100 and F7200... there is a jump up in clarity with the F7200 ... it was like my heavens only clearer, crispier, bassier...

Which in your opinion is better the Fseries or the Heavens V ?
Would the Heavens VI be insanely better for the price?

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #7,541 of 11,642
Happy New Year everyone!

I’m stuck deciding between the Heaven II and the Heaven VI. I prefer a full and forward midrange with natural timbre, along with forward and organic vocals. Bass and treble are not a top priority, as long as both aren’t overemphasized or completely absent. I also don’t have a DAC/AMP at the moment because my Topping NX2s gave out on me, so I’m currently only using my iPhone 6s and MacBook Pro.

Which of the two is the better option?

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #7,542 of 11,642
Happy New Year everyone!

I’m stuck deciding between the Heaven II and the Heaven VI. I prefer a full and forward midrange with natural timbre, along with forward and organic vocals. Bass and treble are not a top priority, as long as both aren’t overemphasized or completely absent. I also don’t have a DAC/AMP at the moment because my Topping NX2s gave out on me, so I’m currently only using my iPhone 6s and MacBook Pro.

Which of the two is the better option?
I haven’t heard the II but the VI is one of my all time favorite earphones ever. The VI to me meets what you’re looking for. For less money, V is also amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back