Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 21, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #11,641 of 11,644
1000078167.jpg

How I get the most out of my a5000.

Divinus Velvet tips, size M instead of my usual ML, and pushed them in as deep as poss to reduce the distance from my eardrum to the nozzle while having a perfect seal.

In short it sounds like the frequency response has been tilted slightly clockwise. More bass impact and quantity and treble slightly tamed while the technicalities are well preserved.

They definitely sound better this way to me.

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #11,643 of 11,644
Just chiming in here, I'd been looking for a long time for a replacement for some old IEMs of mine that I still use to sleep with (the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore) and wanted something with the same or a similar form factor but a detached cable. The Final E4000 and E5000 seemed to me to be the best candidates.

I recently got in the mail a second-hand pair of E5000s, sadly these were faulty but they at least allowed me to try these out and figure out that I'd actually rather go for the E4000s, mainly because the E4000s are easier to drive and also apparently slightly less dark in terms of their sound signature. As such I decided that I'll order the E4000s new next month so I'm looking forward to that. I'm glad that these exist because I had a very hard time finding any manufacturer making detachable cable IEMs with this bullet shape and they fit my ears excellently, however I think I might be the only one because they don't seem to be that popular… at least I don't see them mentioned all that often, which I find kind of sad. Looking forward to receiving my pair of E4000s and I'll probably post some impressions here when I do.

May 2, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #11,644 of 11,644
Another dongle that makes the Final A3000 sound wonderful is the very cheap EPZ TP30. Thanks to its soft sound and its powerful amplification (270mw) it will make the immense A3000s sound perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back