Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 16, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #8,851 of 11,644
Would you say that the B3 is a better "complement" to the E5000 as the B1? I love my E5000, but if I go for the B1 or the B3, I would like to have another type of sound signature. Or is the B1 an E5000 on steroïds and betters B3 in every area? Thanks

I do think that B3 compliments E5000 better if you want a really different tuning :)

They are both different, but B3 is more like , neutral and airy, where E5000 was thick and forward. B1 is somewhere in the middle gorund, but my b1 is still in burn-in :)

I also have a pair of the E5000 and decided to go with the B3 since I was also looking for a different sound signature from the E5000. I can’t comment on what the B1 sounds like, but the B3 is definitely way different than the E5000. The low end on the B3 is more tight, speedy, and controlled and theres less volume. Because of this, I would say that it doesn’t overshadow the upper frequencies as much as on the E5000. The mids and treble are more present in the B3 when compared to the E5K. There is definitely a focus on vocals on the B3. I would say the B3 is has way better soundstage, imaging and resolution than the E5000, but lacks that oomph in the bass that the E5000 has. The B3 is definitely a great pick if you are looking for something different from the E5000.

I agree with most points here, but for me B3 is mostly neutral towards V / U shaped, the mids aren't forward I'd say :)

I am looking into Noble's sale at the moment, having been wowed by the Sage at a show I'm thinking of giving the Savant II (an evolution of the Savant/Sage) a spin. Hifiheadphones (hi!) made me doubt by running a 30% sale on everything Final for a couple of days. The D8000 went from £3000 to £2100, the E5000 was down to £153, and to my amazement the newly-launched B series was also a full 30% down for a while.

The prices have gone back to normal, but I'm still considering these for the future. I'm extremely keen on their looks. Also fit seems elaborate and secure, and that has become a real concern for me, I'm tired of spending my too-brief listening sessions fiddling with my ears instead of enjoying the music (one of the reasons for my interest in Noble).

The B2 isn't the one for me, I don't listen to symphonies or operas, or much live music at all, the sense of a huge stage is of no concern for my mostly studio-recorded music.
The B3 sounds like an upgrade on my Nuforce HEM8, a quintessentially BA monitor with the quickest decay I have ever heard, precision and fidelity galore but probably less musicality than Final's B3. I'm still not sure I'd enjoy the B3 so much, since I got the Nuforce I moved away from that type of tuning and towards more emotional, hefty, vibrant presentations.
Which is why the B1 interests me the most, but I already have great, impactful, detailed iems in the IMR R1 (and I'm expecting the R2 Aten). @Dobrescu George already compared the B1 to the R1 if I'm not mistaken, perhaps he would venture further on that path? Not necessarily in terms of which one is better, rather how their signatures differ, or resemble, one another.

I'm into metal (black, death, doom) and trip-hop, with a lot of darker folk thrown in (think Chelsea Wolfe, Emma Ruth Rundle, Ioanna Gika). The B3 is fast, I get that, but is it hefty enough for metal? How do voices sound on the B1? Can you tell I'm eager for the reviews? :o2smile:

IMR R1 and Final Audio B1 are quite similar, I need to finish the burn-in for B1 to do this, but right now they are quite similar :)

Please rmind me in about a week, I'm trying to do proper burn-in for B1 right now :)

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #8,852 of 11,644
I’m curious. How does the b1 or b3 compare to the fibass? I’m still loving the FIBASS. the clarity and the rawness is great. I’ve had it a couple months now I love it. When I switch to some other iems I have and that’s when you can really hear the difference for sure. It took a little while to get use to it maybe a little bit. But once you do it’s definitely well worth it. I think it still holds it’s own among some of the newer stuff out there imo.

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #8,853 of 11,644
I do think that B3 compliments E5000 better if you want a really different tuning :)

They are both different, but B3 is more like , neutral and airy, where E5000 was thick and forward. B1 is somewhere in the middle gorund, but my b1 is still in burn-in :)

... for me B3 is mostly neutral towards V / U shaped, the mids aren't forward I'd say :)
Thanks! If the mids are not forward enough on the B3, then it will be B1 all the way... and I know I will need/want that DD bass at the end :)

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #8,854 of 11,644
Where can you buy the MH755?
I got the E1000 for the tips, and it's quite mediocre. Sony MH755 performs better at $5. Timbre is off with being a bit too sibilant, and not so clear sounding. High hat sounds unnatural as well, and grainy from the lack of resolution.

I'd recommend Moondrop Crescent or Spaceship over the E1000. The value ain't there.
I much agree. I only bought the E1000 for the tips and luckily i only spent $18 on them. The tips themselves would have cost about $12.
All of my other entry level IEMs like the **** and Intime Sora perform much better. Though I would commend the E1000 being really lightweight.

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #8,855 of 11,644
I much agree. I only bought the E1000 for the tips and luckily i only spent $18 on them. The tips themselves would have cost about $12.
All of my other entry level IEMs like the **** and Intime Sora perform much better. Though I would commend the E1000 being really lightweight.
I pulled the trigger for the tips at minimum as well, and get a taste of the E1000. I got on the bandwagen since tips seemed pretty popular, but it doesn't have any unique benefit over others in my collection. Like Spinfits for me has a particular benefit of tight sounds for nozzles with relatively narrow bore for example.

I guess at this pricepoint we shouldn't as much in terms of resolution, but Moondrop's overall presentation in dynamics do make music sound more engaging

Jul 17, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #8,856 of 11,644
I’m curious. How does the b1 or b3 compare to the fibass? I’m still loving the FIBASS. the clarity and the rawness is great. I’ve had it a couple months now I love it. When I switch to some other iems I have and that’s when you can really hear the difference for sure. It took a little while to get use to it maybe a little bit. But once you do it’s definitely well worth it. I think it still holds it’s own among some of the newer stuff out there imo.

The FI-BA-SS is my all time favorite IEM. The B3 is closer to its sound than the B1, but neither matches the upper frequency resolution and transparency, in my view.

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #8,858 of 11,644
The FI-BA-SS is my all time favorite IEM. The B3 is closer to its sound than the B1, but neither matches the upper frequency resolution and transparency, in my view.

+1, I have purchased and sold the whole line of Campfire, Andromedia, Vega, Atlas, Solaris, and 64 U12 etc but I kept the Fibass.

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #8,859 of 11,644
+1, I have purchased and sold the whole line of Campfire, Andromedia, Vega, Atlas, Solaris, and 64 U12 etc but I kept the Fibass.
Wow that’s awesome. That’s really saying something. I love it. With certain tracks yes she can get a little hot maybe but with well recorded ones it’s amazing. I’ll go from the FIBASS to my s-em9 and I feel there is a lot missing. Don’t get me wrong the earsonics are actually very good but no where near the resolution the FIBASS has. And not to mention I think they are very comfortable to wear.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #8,860 of 11,644
I got the E1000 for the tips, and it's quite mediocre. Sony MH755 performs better at $5. Timbre is off with being a bit too sibilant, and not so clear sounding. High hat sounds unnatural as well, and grainy from the lack of resolution.

I'd recommend Moondrop Crescent or Spaceship over the E1000. The value ain't there.

Wow....thats a little harsh. WHat source do you use?

You get me curious to take off the B3 from my ears and try the E1000 again. I still find them amazing, layering is great in a quite big soundstage, bass is quite beefy too, their sure some hint of darkness on top but treble roll off is E serie signature. I prefer E1000 over E3000 but not over E2000. Superb all arounder and superb value IMO Im even wondering if you get a defective one....right now they are pluged into my Xduoo POKE.

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #8,861 of 11,644
Impulsively, I decide to write first impressions of B1-B2-B3 to help people figure out what type of sound they will get.

Can check it out HERE

Full reviews will be publish (kinda) soon.

Cheers!

Jul 17, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #8,863 of 11,644
Any B1 Owners have Try / Tested the Meze Rau Penta? Curious how they could compare.
Good question. 2 very nice looking IEMs with almost similar technicalities. The Rai Penta is a tad pricier and I suppose that the B1 has a better universal fit. Very curious about the sound differences now.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #8,864 of 11,644
Wow....thats a little harsh. WHat source do you use?

You get me curious to take off the B3 from my ears and try the E1000 again. I still find them amazing, layering is great in a quite big soundstage, bass is quite beefy too, their sure some hint of darkness on top but treble roll off is E serie signature. I prefer E1000 over E3000 but not over E2000. Superb all arounder and superb value IMO Im even wondering if you get a defective one....right now they are pluged into my Xduoo POKE.
It may be a preference of sound signature, but i find them sounding thick and lacking clarity and resolution. Cymbal hits lack sparkle.
If you like a warmer signature it may be up your alley.
I tried it on my M11 and zishan DSD. Sounds slightly better with the zishan over the M11.

Jul 17, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #8,865 of 11,644
It may be a preference of sound signature, but i find them sounding thick and lacking clarity and resolution. Cymbal hits lack sparkle.
If you like a warmer signature it may be up your alley.
I tried it on my M11 and zishan DSD. Sounds slightly better with the zishan over the M11.

Yeah. Sure.
For the price its up my alley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back