Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 16, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #8,836 of 11,644
Not at all, all of the B series are HEAVEN in terms of comfort. I don't have any clue how they pulled it off to be honest. They are simply comfy, they have no driver flex, and they follow the shape of my ear without any edges and such, despite having a pretty forward shape and aeshtetic design :)

I also love B3 for Metal. Still burning in B1, it does sound pretty amazing now, at least considering the fact that it now is more balanced sounding and more open, while at first it was quite colorful. It still has a very warm and delightful signature.
Would you say that the B3 is a better "complement" to the E5000 as the B1? I love my E5000, but if I go for the B1 or the B3, I would like to have another type of sound signature. Or is the B1 an E5000 on steroïds and betters B3 in every area? Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #8,837 of 11,644
Would you say that the B3 is a better "complement" to the E5000 as the B1? I love my E5000, but if I go for the B1 or the B3, I would like to have another type of sound signature. Or is the B1 an E5000 on steroïds and betters B3 in every area? Thanks

I also have a pair of the E5000 and decided to go with the B3 since I was also looking for a different sound signature from the E5000. I can’t comment on what the B1 sounds like, but the B3 is definitely way different than the E5000. The low end on the B3 is more tight, speedy, and controlled and theres less volume. Because of this, I would say that it doesn’t overshadow the upper frequencies as much as on the E5000. The mids and treble are more present in the B3 when compared to the E5K. There is definitely a focus on vocals on the B3. I would say the B3 is has way better soundstage, imaging and resolution than the E5000, but lacks that oomph in the bass that the E5000 has. The B3 is definitely a great pick if you are looking for something different from the E5000.

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #8,838 of 11,644
I also have a pair of the E5000 and decided to go with the B3 since I was also looking for a different sound signature from the E5000. I can’t comment on what the B1 sounds like, but the B3 is definitely way different than the E5000. The low end on the B3 is more tight, speedy, and controlled and theres less volume. Because of this, I would say that it doesn’t overshadow the upper frequencies as much as on the E5000. The mids and treble are more present in the B3 when compared to the E5K. There is definitely a focus on vocals on the B3. I would say the B3 is has way better soundstage, imaging and resolution than the E5000, but lacks that oomph in the bass that the E5000 has. The B3 is definitely a great pick if you are looking for something different from the E5000.
Thanks a lot for this. It's very interesting. Still, if someone have tried both B3 and B1 side by side, I would be grateful to get their advice.

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #8,839 of 11,644
I am looking into Noble's sale at the moment, having been wowed by the Sage at a show I'm thinking of giving the Savant II (an evolution of the Savant/Sage) a spin. Hifiheadphones (hi!) made me doubt by running a 30% sale on everything Final for a couple of days. The D8000 went from £3000 to £2100, the E5000 was down to £153, and to my amazement the newly-launched B series was also a full 30% down for a while.

The prices have gone back to normal, but I'm still considering these for the future. I'm extremely keen on their looks. Also fit seems elaborate and secure, and that has become a real concern for me, I'm tired of spending my too-brief listening sessions fiddling with my ears instead of enjoying the music (one of the reasons for my interest in Noble).

The B2 isn't the one for me, I don't listen to symphonies or operas, or much live music at all, the sense of a huge stage is of no concern for my mostly studio-recorded music.
The B3 sounds like an upgrade on my Nuforce HEM8, a quintessentially BA monitor with the quickest decay I have ever heard, precision and fidelity galore but probably less musicality than Final's B3. I'm still not sure I'd enjoy the B3 so much, since I got the Nuforce I moved away from that type of tuning and towards more emotional, hefty, vibrant presentations.
Which is why the B1 interests me the most, but I already have great, impactful, detailed iems in the IMR R1 (and I'm expecting the R2 Aten). @Dobrescu George already compared the B1 to the R1 if I'm not mistaken, perhaps he would venture further on that path? Not necessarily in terms of which one is better, rather how their signatures differ, or resemble, one another.

I'm into metal (black, death, doom) and trip-hop, with a lot of darker folk thrown in (think Chelsea Wolfe, Emma Ruth Rundle, Ioanna Gika). The B3 is fast, I get that, but is it hefty enough for metal? How do voices sound on the B1? Can you tell I'm eager for the reviews? :o2smile:

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #8,841 of 11,644
Is the difference between the final audio b2 and b3 big enough for me to buy the b2 or save for the b3?
Yes, their noticable difference especially in imaging and soundstage wich is deeper-wider with the B3.
B2 sound as if your nearer to the stage with a more fowards less airy presentation. They are more mid centric than more balanced near neutral B3.
As well, bass is more bodied with B3.
Still, i adore B2 too and find them the greatest value in B serie. Both do not sound like normal BA....more like high end dynamic. B2 is slightly brighter too and perhaps more detailed in upper treble.

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #8,842 of 11,644
I am looking into Noble's sale at the moment, having been wowed by the Sage at a show I'm thinking of giving the Savant II (an evolution of the Savant/Sage) a spin. Hifiheadphones (hi!) made me doubt by running a 30% sale on everything Final for a couple of days. The D8000 went from £3000 to £2100, the E5000 was down to £153, and to my amazement the newly-launched B series was also a full 30% down for a while.

The prices have gone back to normal, but I'm still considering these for the future. I'm extremely keen on their looks. Also fit seems elaborate and secure, and that has become a real concern for me, I'm tired of spending my too-brief listening sessions fiddling with my ears instead of enjoying the music (one of the reasons for my interest in Noble).

The B2 isn't the one for me, I don't listen to symphonies or operas, or much live music at all, the sense of a huge stage is of no concern for my mostly studio-recorded music.
The B3 sounds like an upgrade on my Nuforce HEM8, a quintessentially BA monitor with the quickest decay I have ever heard, precision and fidelity galore but probably less musicality than Final's B3. I'm still not sure I'd enjoy the B3 so much, since I got the Nuforce I moved away from that type of tuning and towards more emotional, hefty, vibrant presentations.
Which is why the B1 interests me the most, but I already have great, impactful, detailed iems in the IMR R1 (and I'm expecting the R2 Aten). @Dobrescu George already compared the B1 to the R1 if I'm not mistaken, perhaps he would venture further on that path? Not necessarily in terms of which one is better, rather how their signatures differ, or resemble, one another.

I'm into metal (black, death, doom) and trip-hop, with a lot of darker folk thrown in (think Chelsea Wolfe, Emma Ruth Rundle, Ioanna Gika). The B3 is fast, I get that, but is it hefty enough for metal? How do voices sound on the B1? Can you tell I'm eager for the reviews? :o2smile:

Is there just metal head here lol I guess I should listen to (instrumental) metal now.

B3 will surely do well with Metal but im more afraid about weight bass of trip-hop, funk or r&b or house etc sound dope cause the bass is very fast and well rounded but not alot of rumble ...wich is okay for metal less so for trip-hop.still, B3 have great thickness and can do sub well, its jsut not pumped up and overcolored like E5000.

can you share some metal tracks so i test it??

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #8,843 of 11,644
Yes, their noticable difference especially in imaging and soundstage wich is deeper-wider with the B3.
B2 sound as if your nearer to the stage with a more fowards less airy presentation. They are more mid centric than more balanced near neutral B3.
As well, bass is more bodied with B3.
Still, i adore B2 too and find them the greatest value in B serie. Both do not sound like normal BA....more like high end dynamic. B2 is slightly brighter too and perhaps more detailed in upper treble.

Agreed.

Jul 16, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #8,844 of 11,644
So got my hands on the B1 today after testing out the B3 for a couple of days. From an initial listen, it is immediately noticeable that the bass is more prominent on the B1. I won’t comment too much on the sound just of yet due to the need to burn in the dynamic driver, but so far even without burn in it is definitely impressive. Can definitely see the B1 being better than the B3 for modern genres of music such as hip-hop, RnB, and pop.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #8,845 of 11,644
Damn.....these Final Audio Design B serie really dictate my listening time and became problematic for an organised lifestyle...suppose to reviews other brands but cannot take these OFF.

Need help.

Or a plumber to take these off cause its stock for good.

Leaning to the B3 mostly, but right now its the B1 in my ears....B1 have the thickness and weighty low end B3 do not exactly have.

B3 is near perfection to me and even bass heavy track like SOLANGE 2 last albums have a hint of extra clarity and crispness that make imaging superior to warmer B1, but again, B1 isnt burn in more than 20H. B1 remind me of E5000 mixed with B2 BA kinda sound...thick, weighty, lively, bassy, buttery mids, natural and clear highs.

I'm pretty sure every models will have their dedicated fan as soundsignature isnt the same with those 3, wich I feel more diversify in flavor than E serie (wich I adore in all there subtle diversities).

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #8,846 of 11,644
From Final Audio website:

''The B3 model was designed with particular emphasis on clarity. It caters to those who wish to have the delicate sound of each musical instrument delivered gorgeously even from live recordings, and enjoy tight vocals from animated soundtracks and EDM. It comes equipped with a standard silver coat cable and employs an MMCX connector that makes it possible to switch cables in the event of a severed connection.''

+1:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #8,847 of 11,644
Damn.....these Final Audio Design B serie really dictate my listening time and became problematic for an organised lifestyle...suppose to reviews other brands but cannot take these OFF.

Need help.

Or a plumber to take these off cause its stock for good.

Leaning to the B3 mostly, but right now its the B1 in my ears....B1 have the thickness and weighty low end B3 do not exactly have.

B3 is near perfection to me and even bass heavy track like SOLANGE 2 last albums have a hint of extra clarity and crispness that make imaging superior to warmer B1, but again, B1 isnt burn in more than 20H. B1 remind me of E5000 mixed with B2 BA kinda sound...thick, weighty, lively, bassy, buttery mids, natural and clear highs.

I'm pretty sure every models will have their dedicated fan as soundsignature isnt the same with those 3, wich I feel more diversify in flavor than E serie (wich I adore in all there subtle diversities).

I absolutely agree that the B3 has superior imgaing and resolution since the bass is much more tight and controlled on the B3. I am torn between the B3 and B1 since I love the thick bass of the B1 but I also really love the clarity of the B3. Its so hard to decide between the two since I’m only planning on keeping one and returning the other.

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #8,848 of 11,644
I absolutely agree that the B3 has superior imgaing and resolution since the bass is much more tight and controlled on the B3. I am torn between the B3 and B1 since I love the thick bass of the B1 but I also really love the clarity of the B3. Its so hard to decide between the two since I’m only planning on keeping one and returning the other.
Oh my.

what a joyfull torture it should be....its like audio sado-maso kinda audiophile luxure I guess. hum.

Did you give them the 100H burn in ''needed''? Still got on hold my capricious favoritism cause of this.

Something too in bass, sure the B1 have a more juicy one, but separation in low end is very sharp with the B3 as well: just putting my 2 cents to make you more torn appart :ksc75smile:

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #8,850 of 11,644
Oh my.

what a joyfull torture it should be....its like audio sado-maso kinda audiophile luxure I guess. hum.

Did you give them the 100H burn in ''needed''? Still got on hold my capricious favoritism cause of this.

Something too in bass, sure the B1 have a more juicy one, but separation in low end is very sharp with the B3 as well: just putting my 2 cents to make you more torn appart :ksc75smile:

I just got the B1 today so it’s only been a couple of hours of burn in but even with that little amount of time I am already very impressed with the sound! I can’t wait to experience them after the full ~150 hours of burn in needed as I’m sure they will sound even more amazing than they do already. There’s just something about the bass on the B1 that’s just so good. Have you burned them in for the full amount of time yet? If so can you let me know how I can expect the sound to change as they burn in? I would really appreciate it! And you’re right... it is pure torture :dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back