Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 12, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #8,821 of 11,644
I got the E1000 for the tips, and it's quite mediocre. Sony MH755 performs better at $5. Timbre is off with being a bit too sibilant, and not so clear sounding. High hat sounds unnatural as well, and grainy from the lack of resolution.

I'd recommend Moondrop Crescent or Spaceship over the E1000. The value ain't there.

Where can you buy the MH755?

Jul 12, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #8,822 of 11,644
Pinky powers referred to the e5000 as a baby Custom Art Fibae Mass drop edition if that's any help (which it probably isn't due to the fact the drop isn't active atm :frowning2: ). When it is on it's available as universal.
Yeah, Pinky powers recommended me the Custom Art Fibae a while ago, but I disregarded it as I don´t want to go the custom route again. Now I see I missed the Drop´s universal option :disappointed:. will add to the request list. thank you for the tip. Cheers

Jul 13, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #8,823 of 11,644
Yeah, Pinky powers recommended me the Custom Art Fibae a while ago, but I disregarded it as I don´t want to go the custom route again. Now I see I missed the Drop´s universal option :disappointed:. will add to the request list. thank you for the tip. Cheers

Keep an eye on the fs boards here, occasionally one or two do pop up now and then. Still kicking myself over the one that went a while back.

Jul 13, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #8,824 of 11,644
Wow. Lots of useful impressions here. I'm 4 weeks into owning the E5000 and I have been super impressed by the speed, energy and juicy bass as I listen to a lot of deep house, psychedelic trance and techno. The kind of speed and punch is as good as my desktop monitors plus subwoofer. The comfort is excellent and I can listen to them for hours! The one area of weakness I would say is the rather 2D soundstage which is wide enough but not deep enough. It's good for chamber music but not full orchestral works like big symphonies. So my question is would the B series have a more 3D soundstage that can play symphonies like Beethoven's 5th and 9th respectably?

Jul 13, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #8,825 of 11,644
Wow. Lots of useful impressions here. I'm 4 weeks into owning the E5000 and I have been super impressed by the speed, energy and juicy bass as I listen to a lot of deep house, psychedelic trance and techno. The kind of speed and punch is as good as my desktop monitors plus subwoofer. The comfort is excellent and I can listen to them for hours! The one area of weakness I would say is the rather 2D soundstage which is wide enough but not deep enough. It's good for chamber music but not full orchestral works like big symphonies. So my question is would the B series have a more 3D soundstage that can play symphonies like Beethoven's 5th and 9th respectably?

I personally feel that the B2 and B3 perfect for symphonies as they do detail retrieval and sense of space better then the E5000

Jul 13, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #8,826 of 11,644
Where can you buy the MH755?
I think it's better to get the black one than the white due to lower treble response. And if you use Spinfit tips with it, you get the best response out of it. I got a genuine white one on Ebay (there are fakes out there), but don't know where to get a black one. Let me ask around for the black one.

Jul 13, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #8,827 of 11,644
Spending a lot of time listening to the B3. As much as I love the B1, the B3 is pretty special as well. The mids and trebles are beautifully rendered and there’s a surprising amount of bass, not to the level of the B1, but a more articulate bass that some will find more satisfying.

I also like the ergonomics of the B series. The sculpted shell with its hard angles sits beautifully inside my ear. I know final put a lot of thought into the comfort of this series, and for my ears at least, they’ve succeeded.

Definitely enjoying my time with the B1 and B3. Haven’t listened to the B2 much, but that will come shortly.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #8,828 of 11,644
Here’s a picture of how the shell fits nicely in one’s ear. A MAKE series photo, but the shell design is the same as the B series.

upload_2019-7-13_10-23-39.jpeg

Photo by final | https://snext-final.com/en/products/makeseries/

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #8,829 of 11,644
I think it's better to get the black one than the white due to lower treble response. And if you use Spinfit tips with it, you get the best response out of it. I got a genuine white one on Ebay (there are fakes out there), but don't know where to get a black one. Let me ask around for the black one.

Please!

Jul 13, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #8,830 of 11,644
So I’ve been listening to the Final Audio B3 for the last couple of days and wanted to chime in with my first impressions and how I think it compares to the E5000. From the get go the B3 are definitely less warm than the E5000 with the bass being very tight and controlled which was what I was expecting due to the BA driver that is used for the low end. If you are a fan of the immense bass that is presented in the E5000, you might be underwhelmed at the comparatively smaller amount of the B3, but the decay of the B3 bass is extremely fast. The mids are more forward than they are in the E5000 and the treble in the B3 sound to me a bit more present and forward, lending to a more exciting listen when compared to the E5000 more subdued upper register. This allows for the vocals to shine through more prominently when compared to the E5000. The soundstage of the B3 to my ears is a bit more spacious than that of the E5000. In general, the B3 is definitely more resolving and articulate than the E5000 when it comes to detail retrieval. I mostly listen to modern genres such as hip-hop, rnb, pop, and edm and the speed of the B3 really makes for a really exciting listen. I have also test listened to a couple of acoustic tracks and instruments such as guitars and pianos sound especially clean and accurate, with the ”plucks” of the strings sounding extremely satisfying. Another highlight of the B3 are female vocals which simply shine. Although I do miss the subbiness of the E5000 at times while listening to bass heavy hip-hop tracks, I do appreciate the clean and fast bass and how the low, mid and upper registrars being clearly separated. Since my ears were used to the E5000 sound, the B3 initially sounded very sharp, but just give your ears some time to adjust to the sound. So in comparison to the E5000’s distinctively warm sound signature, the B3 is definitely more balanced in its sound signature with the bass being comparatively pulled back and the mid/treble being more forward. . I wouldn’t call it analytical but rather slightly warm with a slightly elevated bass and treble. I initially bought the B3 in order to have a pair of iem’s that would serve as a good alternative to the E5000 signature and so far I am definitely impressed by the B3. Apologies ahead of time if I painted a rather vague impression of the B3’s since I’ve never really made a write-up about sound before really, but I hope this gives some insight to what the B3 sound like. Definitely very impressed by the B3 so far. I am getting a pair of the B1 in a couple days and will try and post more about them, as well as my further experience with the B3.

edit: Forgot to mention about the drivability of the B3. They are definitely easier to drive than the E5000, and benefit from amplification (noticed that the soundstage was a little wider when listening from the chord mojo than when from my macbook pro)

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #8,831 of 11,644
So I’ve been listening to the Final Audio B3 for the last couple of days and wanted to chime in with my first impressions and how I think it compares to the E5000. From the get go the B3 are definitely less warm than the E5000 with the bass being very tight and controlled which was what I was expecting due to the BA driver that is used for the low end. If you are a fan of the immense bass that is presented in the E5000, you might be underwhelmed at the comparatively smaller amount of the B3, but the decay of the B3 bass is extremely fast. The mids are more forward than they are in the E5000 and the treble in the B3 sound to me a bit more present and forward, lending to a more exciting listen when compared to the E5000 more subdued upper register. This allows for the vocals to shine through more prominently when compared to the E5000. The soundstage of the B3 to my ears is a bit more spacious than that of the E5000. In general, the B3 is definitely more resolving and articulate than the E5000 when it comes to detail retrieval. I mostly listen to modern genres such as hip-hop, rnb, pop, and edm and the speed of the B3 really makes for a really exciting listen. I have also test listened to a couple of acoustic tracks and instruments such as guitars and pianos sound especially clean and accurate, with the ”plucks” of the strings sounding extremely satisfying. Another highlight of the B3 are female vocals which Although I do miss the subbiness of the E5000 at times while listening to bass heavy hip-hop tracks, I do appreciate the clean and fast bass and how the low, mid and upper registrars being clearly separated. Since my ears were used to the E5000 sound, the B3 initially sounded very sharp, but just give your ears some time to adjust to the sound. So in comparison to the E5000’s distinctively warm sound signature, the B3 is definitely more balanced in its sound signature with the bass being comparatively pulled back and the mid/treble being more forward. . I wouldn’t call it analytical but rather slightly warm with a slightly elevated bass and treble. I initially bought the B3 in order to have a pair of iem’s that would serve as a good alternative to the E5000 signature and so far I am definitely impressed by the B3. Apologies ahead of time if I painted a rather vague impression of the B3’s since I’ve never really made a write-up about sound before really, but I hope this gives some insight to what the B3 sound like. Definitely very impressed by the B3 so far. I am getting a pair of the B1 in a couple days and will try and post more about them, as well as my further experience with the B3.

edit: Forgot to mention about the drivability of the B3. They are definitely easier to drive than the E5000, and benefit from amplification (noticed that the soundstage was a little wider when listening from the chord mojo than when from my macbook pro)

Very nice write up on your impressions. I mostly agree with your assessment although I might add that the larger sense of soundstage is likely more due to the Mojo’s prowess as a DAC. I also am not quite there on describing the sound on the B3 as warm, but that attribution, again, may be due to the tonal signature of the Mojo.

You should write more reviews! :beerchug:

Jul 13, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #8,832 of 11,644
Very nice write up on your impressions. I mostly agree with your assessment although I might add that the larger sense of soundstage is likely more due to the Mojo’s prowess as a DAC. I also am not quite there on describing the sound on the B3 as warm, but that attribution, again, may be due to the tonal signature of the Mojo.

You should write more reviews! :beerchug:

Thanks for bringing up these two points. The chord mojo does have the tendency to widen the soundstage as well as slightly warm the sound of iems. Also, i think I used the term warm a little too loosely as well. The B3 are no where near as warm as the E5000, but they are not as analytical or as cold as some headphones such as the hifiman HE-400, for example. Thanks for pointing out these points! I am getting my hands on the B1 in a couple of days and will compare the two once I have burned in the B1 adequately.

Jul 13, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #8,833 of 11,644
Thanks for bringing up these two points. The chord mojo does have the tendency to widen the soundstage as well as slightly warm the sound of iems. Also, i think I used the term warm a little too loosely as well. The B3 are no where near as warm as the E5000, but they are not as analytical or as cold as some headphones such as the hifiman HE-400, for example. Thanks for pointing out these points! I am getting my hands on the B1 in a couple of days and will compare the two once I have burned in the B1 adequately.

I look forward to reading your thoughts on the B1. I’m very happy with the sound on both the B1 and B3. I need some time with the B2 before I can say anything about it.

Jul 14, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #8,834 of 11,644
N3 is a natural upgrade to E5K if you’re looking for more treble performance. It follows a similarly smooth curve except it extends a bit better and the driver is a bit more capable. Definitely give it a shot.
Interesting. I own both and love them equally. With a powerful and clear source, the E5000 still have the edge in musicality and imaging. Otherwise, the N3 remains the better allrounder

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #8,835 of 11,644
B1 has any amount of Driver Flex?

Not at all, all of the B series are HEAVEN in terms of comfort. I don't have any clue how they pulled it off to be honest. They are simply comfy, they have no driver flex, and they follow the shape of my ear without any edges and such, despite having a pretty forward shape and aeshtetic design :)

Okay! Was finding this impossible to believe hehe

Well, honnestly, me too im leaning to the dual BA B3 wich I find super accurate and great in faster attack.

And its true, Final Audio suggest to burn in the B1 at least for 100H. For E5000, i feel it open up the sound quite alot.

I also love B3 for Metal. Still burning in B1, it does sound pretty amazing now, at least considering the fact that it now is more balanced sounding and more open, while at first it was quite colorful. It still has a very warm and delightful signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back