-Clear mids, slightly recessed but has a decent amount of texture

-Vocals are warm and not sibilant

-Treble sparkles a bit,but does not extend too much

-Decent resolution/clarity

Final B2

-Intimate soundstage

-Decent imaging

-Fast bass, lacks subbass but has decent impact

-Sweet,intimate and well textured mids. It is mid centric after all.

-Mids are rather flat, may have a bit more lower mids. No sibilance.

-Very limited treble extension

-Lacks separation, some resolution/clarity is sacrificed

Final B3

-Wide soundstage

-Good imaging

-Lacks subbass,but bass is tight with decent impact

-Bright,well textured mids

-Vocals are the cleanest on this one

-Treble shimmers, and this probably has the best extension and is the brightest of all three

-Very good for female vocals

-Best resolution/clarity of all 3

-Good separation

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #8,883 of 11,642
Great final B series event in Singapore :
10CDA866-45D2-4FF2-B3BE-918027A63172.jpeg 8BCA40A4-3539-45AB-B3FE-77033AFA4584.jpeg

My impression of B1 :
- V shaped sound signature
- vocals are a bit recessed but clear enough for casual listening
- warm
- good bass extension
E93D9897-B9FD-4144-BA7F-F5728699D23F.jpeg

B3 :
- brighter treble
- excellent clarity and resolution
- sweet vocals and excellent for oldies
- bass is not extended well

DF891A25-8A1A-4FCE-B8BB-C18BEA6D42FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #8,884 of 11,642
Being the top of the line (TOTL) in this series, B1 utilizes 1 dynamic driver and 1 balanced armature driver for its impressive performance. This IEMs can be considered as one of the more power hungry IEMs. With my Opus #3, I need to toggle the gain to mid and boost the volume to 95/150 for my normal listening volume. This is high for an IEMs.

The speed for this IEMs is fast - faster than most of the hybrid IEMs in the market. However, due to the limitations of dynamic driver, it still have some warmth in the lows - making the overall presentation not too technical and analytical.

The mids of B1 is a little shy as compared to mids and highs, making this IEMs exhibit a bright “V” shape (slightly). Although mids is staged slightly behind lows and highs, it still sounds breathy and airy. The highs is well extended and the decay is well controlled, no disturbances and distortions. For those who has lower treble tolerance might find some sibilant in the highs.

For soundstage wise, B1 has an above average width and average depth. My ears are recently pampered by Campfire Audio Polaris and the depth for Polaris is crazy. This could cause me to be a little bias here. Nonetheless, the overall staging for B1 is excellent - great fidelity with good separation.

94800F1E-C806-4E78-901A-1169661C6A3E.jpeg 13BF6501-D4C0-4DC8-8B10-E5C2323B998F.jpeg

Jul 20, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #8,886 of 11,642
I tested out Final B series and I find the B3 to suit my taste best.

What impressed me the most if the clarity of the lyrics when I listen to jpop and kpop ost, as well as anime ost tracks. Very smooth, yet very well balanced overall feel. The lyrics just come to you very soothingky, be it a fast beat track or a very slow sentimental track.

Even for instrumental tracks when I tested on Yimura's piano music.. very well balanced n soothing.

Jul 20, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #8,888 of 11,642
At the SG launch event for the B-series, listening notes:

Overview
  • B1 SGD 999 - "harmony". full range 6.4mm dynamic, tweeter BA for highs.
  • B2 SGD 399 - "sweet". intended to be intimate, mids focused. full range single BA
  • B3 SGD 699- "speed". full range ba, plus tweeter optimised for highs.
- BAs developed in house by Final, hybrids have no crossovers.
-some launch promos for sg: b2 - free e2000. b3 - free e3000.
- no tuning change since canjam sg in march - it was already close to production stage. right after canjam it went into production.
-naming: just in order of when it was developed. According to the distributors, final and a uni prof collaborated on finding a good target curve, and the B range are their various iterations on hitting that curve. More interesting read over on the final website: https://snext-final.com/en/products/detail/B3

Sound:

B2 - single BA. not my favourite. got that almost underwater, lush mid sounds. guitars sit nicely fat and heavy though. Get a load of El ten eleven's Fanshawe, and pianos/orchestral. very intimate, smooth. but quite unsuited for more vocals/electronic. but some here do like it for that relaxing sound. definitely unique sound.

B3 - dual BA. anisong, electronic, lives. crisp highs with just enough air. not piercing. precise imaging. tight bass. classic final BA sound. easily my favourite. i dont quite know if theyve got something special considering the price point though.

B1 - hybrid dd and ba. all rounder, mass market kinda sound sig. bass is authoritative, but a little much for me. up to taste.

Overall:
Gotta try it to like it, see what works with your music library. Still an interesting direction though from final.

Jul 20, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #8,889 of 11,642
By pairing with Pioneer XDP-300r:

1. B1 is very clear for vocals, especially vocal only songs.
  2. B2 has a wide sound stage. However the vocals are not that clear, preferably a change of custom cable is needed to improve it.
  3. B3 is balanced, even though the soundstage is not as wide as B2, the vocals are clear. It is suitable to most genres, it works as an all rounder IEM well.

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #8,890 of 11,642
Some impressions on the B1. Personally i own the Ikkos Oh10s as my first serious iem model.

Tracks auditioned. Format Flac 16/24 bit songs

1) Primus - Spaghetti Western/ DMV / Too many Puppies

2) T Square - City Coaster

3) Burry tomorrow - Black Flame

4) Killswitch Engage - Arms of Sorrow

5) Talk talk - Happiness is easy

6) Aimer - Sundance

7) Rammstein - Radio

8) Rotting Christ - In the name of God

9) Being as an Ocean - le exquisite delour

10) Marillion - He knows you know

Details retreived are much clearer compared to my Ikko oh10s.

Vocals are defintely clear and consise especially on tracks that are more vocal based such as Aimer and Talk talk.

The B1s does do metal tracks rather well and could be a little unforgiving to tracks that are not well mastered. Im not feeling too much of the wide soundstage as others mentioned. Its definately not intimate for sure.

Overall the chassis is a little of a fingerprint magnet but is well angled and unique looking similar to my ikkos 10s. I would compare them to have features of both the final e 4000 and e5000.

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #8,891 of 11,642
A good description of all 3 models might be to see them as variants of each other, designed to cater to different music, as opposed to different models of increasing competency. For my music genre, which favors fast, energetic female vocals, my vote goes to the b3.

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #8,893 of 11,642
All of these new impressions confirm for me that the B3 seem to be a successor of the Heaven VII sound. The only real issue I had with the Heaven VII was the lack of sub bass extension. Everything else was amazing.

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #8,894 of 11,642
Thanks a lot for the input. I have a pair of E5000s and was looking for another pair to complement them (something more balanced with a wider soundstage and airier presentation than my ER4XRs), but it looks like I should probably look elsewhere.

Don’t know what your budget is, but my endgame IEMs are the Andromeda’s. Demoed them at Audio46 when I bought the 5000’s. Andromeda’s had the most amazing soundstage I’ve ever heard and basically infinite air in the mids. For the folk music I listen to, they were mind altering. Still pining for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back