Oh well, I've been called worse 
redface.gif

May 4, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #3,287 of 6,777
Quote:
I think I just got called a noob 
eek.gif
 Oh well, I've been called worse 
redface.gif

I am sorry if that offended. I did not direct it at you but that audiophile's will like it as it makes it more fitting for their studio headphones that sometimes aren't "fun" and add coloration that is also sometimes required to make the tracks of mainstream music sound good. And it is also helpful for newbies as it has that coloration. Again, I am sorry if that offended you in any way Matt.

May 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #3,290 of 6,777
It's an awesome pairing with either. Just about perfect...great synergy. 

And I like your avatar. I had that wallpaper for years...digital blasphemy rules!!

May 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #3,292 of 6,777
I love the Christmas themed wallpaper. He does do very nice work. Oh yea, you won't regret the e17 with the denon line, it's really really good. +2 on the bass and -2 on treble makes for some very nice listening!!

May 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #3,293 of 6,777
Quote:
I love the Christmas themed wallpaper. He does do very nice work. Oh yea, you won't regret the e17 with the denon line, it's really really good. +2 on the bass and -2 on treble makes for some very nice listening!!

Awesome. Ill wait till I see one on eBay again new for $139. They pop up fairly regularly and Ill pick one up. Think I have $50-$60 in eBay bucks too to sweeten the deal!

May 5, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #3,295 of 6,777

this should be a[size=medium]wesome for E17 + Phone, will try and post my updates[/size]

May 5, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #3,296 of 6,777
Quote:
FiiO E17 and COWON J3. Which cable do you recommend to connect to each other? L8 or L2?

I'd like to know if you think the J3 needs the E17.  I kinda feel like my J3 and Galaxy S + Voodoo don't need amping... even when using my 250ohm dt880.  It's nice if I want more bass, though. 

I have probably used the E17 around 40 hours by now...  It's really good for boosting bass / adjusting treble....and I only use 12dB......but I am not sure if I hear an "improvement" over just the J3 or Galaxy S/Voodoo+5dB amp).  Of course when I amp the Galaxy S I leave it on 0dB so as to not double amp. 

I certainly can tell the benefit of having the E17 for sources like iPod 5.5gen, Sony PSP (weak amp + Wolfson DAC)......  and definitely the USB DAC for my netbook, but my main 2 sources don't seem to really need it.........hmm.  When I paired the iPod 5.5gen with the E17, it warmed up the sound SLIGHTLY if I had the bass boost up. 

May 5, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #3,297 of 6,777
Im having another little issue which i don't remember having before :frowning2:

A few days ago there was a discussion anout WASAPI in foobar and i tried it for a while, but since then i changed back to window's default. Now im trying WASAPI again but something is different.

If i play a song at 48/16 it will show 44/16 correctly on the E17, likewise for 96/24. However, any other sound sources such as youtube, basic windows sounds, etc will always register as 96/24 on the E17. Before i remember it showing 48/16. It's like windows is upsampling everything. Is it like this for anyone else who's using wasapi on foobar?

May 5, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #3,298 of 6,777
Quote:
Im having another little issue which i don't remember having before :frowning2:

A few days ago there was a discussion anout WASAPI in foobar and i tried it for a while, but since then i changed back to window's default. Now im trying WASAPI again but something is different.

If i play a song at 48/16 it will show 44/16 correctly on the E17, likewise for 96/24. However, any other sound sources such as youtube, basic windows sounds, etc will always register as 96/24 on the E17. Before i remember it showing 48/16. It's like windows is upsampling everything. Is it like this for anyone else who's using wasapi on foobar?

Ok ignore this problem, sorted it out. Now my only issue is the crackling in youtube videos.

May 5, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #3,300 of 6,777
Quote:
Crackling audio from youtube could be caused by low quality audio files being played. Hearing youtube means WASAPI is not being used(duh) so this is just your fault. As in playing low quality youtube stuff or as WASAPI is not enabled for windows other audio streams can interfere.

If i unplug my earphones from the E17 and plug them directly into my laptop's headphone jack and play a video on youtube, it's crackle free. I also get crackles/static whether i use wasapi or not. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back