Europe Deals Thread
Nov 29, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #2,146 of 2,497
Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #2,147 of 2,497
Dec 17, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #2,149 of 2,497
Strange - at first it shows 87€, but when I log in the price jumps to 149€+14€ shipment :frowning2:
This is the way scamazon works. I'm surprised they stay out of jail.

Dec 19, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #2,150 of 2,497
Slightly more but still great price on Amazon UK £179

Thats the deal I've gone for this year EDIT changed my mind not needed !
Now down to just £139. Even I couldn't resist at that price, needed or not!

Dec 20, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #2,151 of 2,497
Strange - at first it shows 87€, but when I log in the price jumps to 149€+14€ shipment :frowning2:
This is the way scamazon works. I'm surprised they stay out of jail.

No, that's because the deal is limited to Spanish customers only. When you log in, Amazon evaluates your standard shipping address and only shows you the deals available for your address.

Dec 20, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #2,153 of 2,497
No, that's because the deal is limited to Spanish customers only. When you log in, Amazon evaluates your standard shipping address and only shows you the deals available for your address.
No, that's bait and switch. Whether you log in or not, scamazon uses geoip or some equivalent and knows where you are by your IP address. This is 20 year old technology.
It has been known for a long time that they have dynamic pricing on goods and shipping. It depends where you live, how many times you browse the item, how many times you browse similar items, and if you don't do it in a private browsing session they also get and share marketing data with other online shops. How they don't wind up in prison is a wonder.

Dec 20, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #2,155 of 2,497
No, that's bait and switch. Whether you log in or not, scamazon uses geoip or some equivalent and knows where you are by your IP address. This is 20 year old technology.
It has been known for a long time that they have dynamic pricing on goods and shipping. It depends where you live, how many times you browse the item, how many times you browse similar items, and if you don't do it in a private browsing session they also get and share marketing data with other online shops. How they don't wind up in prison is a wonder.

Both scenarios are possible, the one you describe *and* the one I mentioned. In case of the Fidelio X2HR, it was a Spain only offer. And in that case, if you're logged in from a foreign country, you may only see the offers available for shipment to your foreign address. It's easy to check which scenario applies, because in the one I described, the price will revert to the cheaper offer as soon as you log out.

Jan 3, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #2,157 of 2,497

Users who are viewing this thread

Back