DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 9, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #5,086 of 22,021
can you elaborate this.

is this an expression or most of saying DX200 is in a way preferable than WM1Z in sound quality after burn in? (takeway the price comparison for now)
Most or two ?

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #5,087 of 22,021
Weird...just update to new beta FW and got myself a big ghost touch. Never happens before in other FW. Already do factory reset but it's not helping. Not sure if reroll wlll help or not. But stick to Mango mode at the moment.

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #5,088 of 22,021
  Weird...just update to new beta FW and got myself a big ghost touch. Never happens before in other FW. Already do factory reset but it's not helping. Not sure if reroll wlll help or not. But stick to Mango mode at the moment.

Happened to me after I installed the latest beta FW. But, after cleaning the screen and getting rid of oils and smudge it's back to normal.

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #5,089 of 22,021

Happened to me after I installed the latest beta FW. But, after cleaning the screen and getting rid of oils and smudge it's back to normal.

My unit got spastic as well
It did with the oriiginal firmaware, didn't notice it with the second.firmware
Yesterday with the V2 it was terrible. Had to switch the unit off

I read the suggestion somewhere to take the screenprotector off.
Did any of you guys try this? And did it give an improvement?

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #5,090 of 22,021
I've ever let DX200 drain out to completely 0% one time. In the first time to make my DX200 arise, It need more times than usual charging. I use aukey cable and aukey wall charger since I believe in aukey product quality. If you don't mind to buy cable&charger more, I recommended you buy them via Aliexpress. 

Left my unit on a charger over night. Nothing happened. One thing is for sure - outstanding customer support. I'm in touch with Paul and waiting for his final response.

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #5,091 of 22,021
Left my unit on a charger over night. Nothing happened. One thing is for sure - outstanding customer support. I'm in touch with Paul and waiting for his final response.

A 2.1A or higher charger?

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #5,093 of 22,021

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/adaptive-fast-charging-wall-charger-detachable-microusb-usb-cable-white-ep-ta20jweusta/

Did you use fast charging adapter as normal daily charge. If you used, i think that is probably the root cause since this device isn't designed for fast charge compatibility.

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #5,094 of 22,021
  Did you use fast charging adapter as normal daily charge. If you used, i think that is probably the root cause since this device isn't designed for fast charge compatibility.

i think this is not right because it should not matter if it is quickcharge or not as it is down-compatible.
THe source (dx200) draws the amount of power it needs, its not like the charger pumps it in no matter what source there is..

correct me if im wrong..

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #5,095 of 22,021
i think this is not right because it should not matter if it is quickcharge or not as it is down-compatible.
THe source (dx200) draws the amount of power it needs, its not like the charger pumps it in no matter what source there is..

correct me if im wrong..

I think You are correct. From the description on Samsung's site

"The Adaptive Fast Charging wall charger will charge other Micro USB devices without the Adaptive Fast Charging feature as well, with just a standard 2 Amp charging rate."

And from DX200 quick start guide.

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #5,096 of 22,021
can you elaborate this.

is this an expression or most of saying DX200 is in a way preferable than WM1Z in sound quality after burn in? (takeway the price comparison for now)

Yea, i can.

I have both of them at hand and compared.

WM1Z is high quality in high frequency, but resolution in low range is unclear.
It is very turbid, the lower sound outlook is bad, and as a result it narrows the sound stage.

On the other hand, DX 200 which has passed 50 hours exceeds WM1Z in all items.
Sound field, transparency, freshness, horizontal direction, vertical direction, localization, SN, low frequency punch, speed feeling
It's all.

This is listening with my A12 and MH40.
Both are balanced connections.

The music I am listening to is Trance, EDM in general, orchestral music.

I will never buy Walkman as long as SONY adopts S-Master.:wink:

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #5,097 of 22,021
very interested to know how this is resolved by ibasso. would hate to think we have to ship dx200 to china for repair.

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #5,098 of 22,021
Yea, i can.

I have both of them at hand and compared.

WM1Z is high quality in high frequency, but resolution in low range is unclear.
It is very turbid, the lower sound outlook is bad, and as a result it narrows the sound stage.

On the other hand, DX 200 which has passed 50 hours exceeds WM1Z in all items.
Sound field, transparency, freshness, horizontal direction, vertical direction, localization, SN, low frequency punch, speed feeling
It's all.

This is listening with my A12 and MH40.
Both are balanced connections.

The music I am listening to is Trance, EDM in general, orchestral music.

I will never buy Walkman as long as SONY adopts S-Master.:wink:
The 1Z whaaaattttttt? Ok its your opinion...the notion of good or bad or more or less sound is diferent from person to person

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #5,099 of 22,021
Just got my DX200 today. All looks good, updated to firmware v1.5.69. I also tried the v2 beta, but went back to v1.5.69. But in short, I cannot get my DX200 into Storage Mode. I tried connecting it to both a Windows 10 and a Mac but neither computer will see the DX200 as a storage device. Is there some trick? I see that when I plug in the USB cable, I can pull down from the top and choose USB options, and I already selected File Transfer, but the computers are not seeing the device. Pls help!

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #5,100 of 22,021
  Just got my DX200 today. All looks good, updated to firmware v1.5.69. I also tried the v2 beta, but went back to v1.5.69. But in short, I cannot get my DX200 into Storage Mode. I tried connecting it to both a Windows 10 and a Mac but neither computer will see the DX200 as a storage device. Is there some trick? I see that when I plug in the USB cable, I can pull down from the top and choose USB options, and I already selected File Transfer, but the computers are not seeing the device. Pls help!

So maybe You should try to install DX200 drivers from iBasso download site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back