DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 10, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #5,101 of 22,021
  Just got my DX200 today. All looks good, updated to firmware v1.5.69. I also tried the v2 beta, but went back to v1.5.69. But in short, I cannot get my DX200 into Storage Mode. I tried connecting it to both a Windows 10 and a Mac but neither computer will see the DX200 as a storage device. Is there some trick? I see that when I plug in the USB cable, I can pull down from the top and choose USB options, and I already selected File Transfer, but the computers are not seeing the device. Pls help!

For Mac I use the Android File Transfer for Mac. Without it the DX200 isn't seen. I haven't tried the DX200 on my Windows computer. 

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #5,104 of 22,021
very interested to know how this is resolved by ibasso. would hate to think we have to ship dx200 to china for repair.

I will make sure he is taken care of. I mean in a good way not mafia way.
smile.gif
maybe.

Left my unit on a charger over night. Nothing happened. One thing is for sure - outstanding customer support. I'm in touch with Paul and waiting for his final response.

We have tested the DX200 with rapid chargers and if they are working correctly there should be no problem. The DX200 will not charge any faster because it is not a rapid charge device. It will draw the current it needs for the charge. Most rapid chargers I know of are adaptive.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 10, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #5,105 of 22,021
  I will make sure he is taken care of. I mean in a good way not mafia way.
smile.gif
maybe.

That's great to know!... I think. 
wink.gif

But really... if the support for problems is good... makes me more comfortable opening the box and start using it when mine gets here this afternoon
biggrin.gif
 (rather than sending it back unopened, which I really didn't wanna do).

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #5,106 of 22,021
I wanted to post back on the resolution to my defective DX200. It took a bit of pushing, but the US seller (ProStudio) did eventually refund my return shipping costs. For those of you that had to send back a defective device - it can't harm to ask. As sympathetic as I am towards sellers facing hefty shipping costs, it's a little harsh to penalize buyers with return shipping/insurance/SOD fees when they're sent defective goods.

On a separate issue - @Paul - iBasso, are there any plans to include an onscreen volume control in the Mango player app (within Android and pure Mango mode)? Something like the A&K or FiiO on-screen control would be awesome, where you can swipe up/down on the screen to quickly change the volume. That volume knob on the DX200 is sooooooo slow to operate. Can we at least add this to the to-do list? Maybe not the next firmware or the one after, but at least maybe one day?!? Please, please please???...

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #5,107 of 22,021
  I wanted to post back on the resolution to my defective DX200. It took a bit of pushing, but the US seller (ProStudio) did eventually refund my return shipping costs. For those of you that had to send back a defective device - it can't harm to ask. As sympathetic as I am towards sellers facing hefty shipping costs, it's a little harsh to penalize buyers with return shipping/insurance/SOD fees when they're sent defective goods.

On a separate issue - @Paul - iBasso, are there any plans to include an onscreen volume control in the Mango player app (within Android and pure Mango mode)? Something like the A&K or FiiO on-screen control would be awesome, where you can swipe up/down on the screen to quickly change the volume. That volume knob on the DX200 is sooooooo slow to operate. Can we at least add this to the to-do list? Maybe not the next firmware or the one after, but at least maybe one day?!? Please, please please???...

Yes that is up for a future firmware. I don't think it will be in the next one but we will be working on it.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 10, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #5,109 of 22,021
Anyone with experience using the balanced headphone vs unbalanced on the DX200?... especially with IEMs. Is the balanced THAT much better on the DX200? I ask because I have a new cable ordered now that hasn't been built yet. Wondering if I should get the order changed to a balanced termination. It's a pure silver cable, and isn't cheap, so if balanced is the better way to go with the DX200, I'd like to get it changed, and just use an adapter for SE connections. It just seems like both balanced and unbalanced output on the DX200 would be fairly close in quality.

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #5,110 of 22,021
Anyone with experience using the balanced headphone vs unbalanced on the DX200?... especially with IEMs. Is the balanced THAT much better on the DX200? I ask because I have a new cable ordered now that hasn't been built yet. Wondering if I should get the order changed to a balanced termination. It's a pure silver cable, and isn't cheap, so if balanced is the better way to go with the DX200, I'd like to get it changed, and just use an adapter for SE connections. It just seems like both balanced and unbalanced output on the DX200 would be fairly close in quality.

I am using the balanced output on my DX200 and do feel that the more precise imaging and soundstaging plus the increase in output, is well worth going with a balanced connector. As you say, you can use an adapter for SE, but you cannot go the other way around. As your new cables can still be ordered balanced, IMO, it is a no-brainer!

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #5,111 of 22,021

I prefer balanced. That is how I use the WM1Z and the DX200. I find the sound has a little bit better dynamics, larger soundstage and imaging is better. IMO Since you have a balanced output on the DX200, I would use it. Having said this I use a modular system on all my cables so I can run them balanced or single ended and with any type of termination type, 1/4, 3.5 TRRS TRS etc. I have the Kobiconn for the modular system and having compared that to straight wire to the modular, I hear no difference so the modular works great for me and really opens up what you can do with any cable without having to buy a bunch of them because all you need is the short termination end. 

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #5,112 of 22,021
I managed to copy files using Android File Transfer for Mac.
Now another question. My files are properly tagged, but somehow, when I play by Album, the tracks are out of order. This is a big issue as I listen to mostly Classical music, and the tracks must be played in the right order if the piece is to be played properly. If I go to Directory, then it will play, but if I browse my music using any other method, the tracks order is all messed up!

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #5,113 of 22,021
Amusingly, ProStudio dropped their price to $932.06, but did away with free shipping.  Shipping is now $16.94.

932.06 + 16.94 = (...wait for it...) $949  
redface.gif

Also, there's a new Amazon seller (Luxurious Audio) offering the DX200 for slightly less ($919 + 6.99 shipping).Says 'Just Launched' with no feedback. Also, 'Ships from Mexico'.

When I asked B&H about the price difference (869 MSRP vs 949 selling price) the response I received was 'That's our cost'.

I wonder if someone in the supply chain is dribbling inventory into the market to capture the 'new product' premium?

I mean $80 doesn't sound like much, but in the words of the immortal Fr. Guido Sarducci, 'It canna really add up.'  (hard to do fake accents in posts)

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #5,114 of 22,021

I just updated the cable for the CA Vegas to the Ref 8 balanced, and I was blown away with the difference. But take that with a grain of salt because the Vegas scale very well with the extra juice.  I think it depends upon the the headphone/iem.  If you feel that your iem does better with more power then definitely get a balanced cable.

Mar 10, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #5,115 of 22,021
Hey guys what do you thing about the CPU? Is the RK3368 a capable CPU. The device feel's too slow. I hope that this is only a software related issue. Second, it feels like the download speed of the internal wifi antenna is too weak and I have noise issues.

I love my device it sounds so good. But this two issues makes me sometimes unhappy :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back