DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 9, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #5,071 of 22,021

To be specific, three different chargers, two PC's and two different cables, stock included. I have no idea what should I do now.

Gotta Call SPaul

Not call but message.

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #5,074 of 22,021
wait.. so we have 2 people here that have had their dx200 go dead... and the company says u have to send them back for repair? a $1000 dap dies within 6 months, and u have to ship them to where for repair?... china? I'd be glad to ship the unit back... but for that kinda money... ibasso needs to be shipping me a new one.

and on top of this, the firmware is still buggy, causing crashes, and audible noise when changing sample rates, and possibly when the volume is too low?

I'm beginning to think I should just ship mine back unopened when it gets here. my note2 into rsa predator sounds pretty damn good, doesn't have any of these problems... and doesn't cost $1000.

hopefully I'm misunderstanding something? please correct me if I'm wrong. maybe there's really not as many problems here as there seems to be?

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #5,075 of 22,021
I am still burnin in my battery but right now i get ~7 hours in tidal offline with high gain and about 80% loudness. Latest Firmware and Air plane mode

yes!

almost same man!

mine is 100% to 76% in 2hours using volume, 82 only mango OS, balanced

cheers! :)

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #5,076 of 22,021
  My DX is dead. I was listening to my Stax set, feeding it with DX200 through line out. When I realised there is 3% of battery i plugged a charger. After couple minutes DX turned off and I can't get it charging from then. Two different cables and two chargers from Galaxy S7. My PC usb does not work either. DX was warm/hot every time connected to a charger before. Now it's cold, nothing happens at all.

I've ever let DX200 drain out to completely 0% one time. In the first time to make my DX200 arise, It need more times than usual charging. I use aukey cable and aukey wall charger since I believe in aukey product quality. If you don't mind to buy cable&charger more, I recommended you buy them via Aliexpress. 

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #5,077 of 22,021
thank you Paul and Team Ibasso! 
beerchug.gif
 looking forward for the new firmware and fixes.

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #5,078 of 22,021
Mine at 140 hours burn in.

I can trust my ears that sound has blossomed up and continous to its process.

Let's say you see a photo then overtime it goes vibrant and more alive, put that into sound and that's how I can describe it.

Hope this helps.

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #5,079 of 22,021
wait.. so we have 2 people here that have had their dx200 go dead... and the company says u have to send them back for repair? a $1000 dap dies within 6 months, and u have to ship them to where for repair?... china? I'd be glad to ship the unit back... but for that kinda money... ibasso needs to be shipping me a new one.

and on top of this, the firmware is still buggy, causing crashes, and audible noise when changing sample rates, and possibly when the volume is too low?

I'm beginning to think I should just ship mine back unopened when it gets here. my note2 into rsa predator sounds pretty damn good, doesn't have any of these problems... and doesn't cost $1000.

hopefully I'm misunderstanding something? please correct me if I'm wrong. maybe there's really not as many problems here as there seems to be?

Hmmm.... kinda makes me think of car-buying.  Never buy a car in the first model year, or the first year of a design change.  Let other buyers suffer through the manufacturer sorting through the design/build problems.

On the other hand, lots of folks want the 'latest and greatest' and can tolerate the discomfort of knowing that they may need to work with the manufacturer to get the performance they hope for out of that new cool model.  And, the risk that they will be the poor individual who gets the lemon the manufacturer just can't fix.  A big part of that proposition is that the belief that the manufacturer will make that poor guy 'whole' in the end.

iBasso seems to be working hard to iron out the wrinkles, but it would be unrealistic to expect things to snap over to 'perfect' in just a few weeks.

All that said, gotta feel pretty bad for the buyers who plunked down nearly $1000 only to end up with a brick or either many days with a non-functioning device or weeks without a device in hand (@MrBaker, @All999).

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #5,080 of 22,021
it's like everything in life, you buy new and cost much and works great overtime but still another product cheaper outperforms in some way or the other.

this time sound quality of dx200 is satisfying comparing nearing or top price range.

so far quality is top notch and some bugs which is being fixed.

if these devices has been bricked and up for replacement it will be great, but the question is how did it get bricked?

it could be multi reasons on consumer or manufacturer side , i believe this can be answered when you returned it where you purchase it from.

as the usual goes, if it cant be fixed they will replace it or might as well replace it immediately.

on a brighter comparison, it's like love. a decent partner will possibly not work eventually for you... yet someone that is probably out of your choice range is the one that'll make you happy.

ayyyyyeeeeeee! chill bruhs. 

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #5,084 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back