Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #34,759 of 35,472
For future references only! If portability and easy to use is important, why not buy a smartphone, then you only have to carry one device. There are several smartphones today with excellent SQ and many of them can compete with low/mid tier dacs. I assume all carry a smartphone
smily_headphones1.gif

My employer pays a portion of my cell phone bill as I am on call 7x24. As such they require an MDM product on the phone and the right to wipe the phone at any time. It's a condition of employment. Spo my phone has next to no apps on it and I use it as a phone/messaging/email device. As was previously stated what you use, what the value is and how much yo spend is very personal. I don;t spend much on my portable system because I just it every where and travel quite a bit so when I lose it running thru airports like OJ it's not a big deal or heart breaker

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #34,760 of 35,472
Sometimes you have to decide what you're happy with.  For me I'm debating between the Lotoo Paw 5K & AK70, which is a $200 vs $600 Dap choice.  Both offer balanced 2.5mm, line out, ability to be transport, ease of portability, bluetooth, etc...  It's a rough call on trying to decide what I want to spend.  I know the AK70 will be an upgrade to any Dap I have, where the Paw 5K might be a sidegrade to my Fiio X5 gen 1, but will be an upgrade to my HM700 for balanced play.  If I go with the 5K, I can justify setting aside the money to try Audeze's iSine 10 in a couple months.  If I get the AK70, it's basically an audible upgrade across the board vs the Daps I have, and can easily pair with my Mojo.  It's an expensive hobby, but there's always something new around the corner if you wait long enough.

Sorry for a stupid question, it's always very confusing for me when I read that a person have a high end dap like AK70 which costs S600 and then he also need a good amplifier like mojo to give him enough power,
are these daps don't have enough capabilities to a run a iem/headphones properly, what that manufacturers provide against a huge $$$,??

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #34,761 of 35,472
Sometimes you have to decide what you're happy with.  For me I'm debating between the Lotoo Paw 5K & AK70, which is a $200 vs $600 Dap choice.  Both offer balanced 2.5mm, line out, ability to be transport, ease of portability, bluetooth, etc...  It's a rough call on trying to decide what I want to spend.  I know the AK70 will be an upgrade to any Dap I have, where the Paw 5K might be a sidegrade to my Fiio X5 gen 1, but will be an upgrade to my HM700 for balanced play.  If I go with the 5K, I can justify setting aside the money to try Audeze's iSine 10 in a couple months.  If I get the AK70, it's basically an audible upgrade across the board vs the Daps I have, and can easily pair with my Mojo.  It's an expensive hobby, but there's always something new around the corner if you wait long enough.

Sorry for a stupid question, it's always very confusing for me when I read that a person have a high end dap like AK70 which costs S600 and then he also need a good amplifier like mojo to give him enough power,
are these daps don't have enough capabilities to a run a iem/headphones properly, what that manufacturers provide against a huge $$$,??

It can most certainly run many IEMs/headphones without issue. The thing about the Mojo is it has an absolutely fantastic Dac with a decent amplifier as well. Really, for many people, the pairing of the two will accomplish a more detailed & neutral sound, and the AK70 alone will sound more fun. It's really that I already own the Mojo, so the ability to use it is a bonus.

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #34,763 of 35,472
Hi everyone, any suggestion on bluetooth headphone for iphone 7?
a good cheap one is the MEE audio M9B. I got it for my wife for running and she loves it.

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #34,765 of 35,472
  To pull a line from gestalt, this is purely my opinion and based on SQ and return on investment I have now tried many systems and for $225 this rig right here

will hold it's own with rigs costing 5 times as much baring the same quality file is pushed through it
wink_face.gif

Of course you know what they say about opinions
rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif

x5 ii?

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #34,767 of 35,472
Looking forward to the review. Thinking of buying TKH1 to satisfy the basshead within me.

On the other hand, it's been almost 2 weeks since I ordered 4in1 from HCK, tracking status is still "Electronic data received". I can wait for one more week. What should I do if it stays longer?

I can guarantee it will serve your needs. I say cancel there since as the other member said, Jim doesn't even have stock. Bring your business to another seller and grab the TKH1

Sep 14, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #34,770 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back