Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #34,742 of 35,472
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg

Could you link the article or give a feedback?

Here is a review of the Mrice E300 IEMs by Wired magazine:
https://www.wired.com/2015/06/mrice-e300/

I happen to have a pair of these earphones. They're pretty good for the price, but don't expect miracles from them. 

Sep 14, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #34,745 of 35,472
  Here is a review of the Mrice E300 IEMs by Wired magazine:
https://www.wired.com/2015/06/mrice-e300/

I happen to have a pair of these earphones. They're pretty good for the price, but don't expect miracles from them. 

I love how the review on this site that says they're better than $1000 CIEMs comes with the "caveat" of "oh none of the current ones sound anything like the pair I have so if you buy them they won't sound as good as I'm claiming."

Riiiiiiiiight.

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #34,746 of 35,472
I have both and love both. The H1 is better though. Will probably do a write up, just busy with my new job and the H1 is still burning in

Looking forward to the review. Thinking of buying TKH1 to satisfy the basshead within me.

On the other hand, it's been almost 2 weeks since I ordered 4in1 from HCK, tracking status is still "Electronic data received". I can wait for one more week. What should I do if it stays longer?

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #34,747 of 35,472
I love how the review on this site that says they're better than $1000 CIEMs comes with the "caveat" of "oh none of the current ones sound anything like the pair I have so if you buy them they won't sound as good as I'm claiming."

Riiiiiiiiight.

Ha ha, I agree.

I've got those and imo they're average at best........

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #34,748 of 35,472
Ha ha, I agree.

I've got those and imo they're average at best........

I got the Baldoor E100 and It's not that good ... Still acceptable but the bass is somewhat bloated, mid range is compressed, veiled. Soundstage is small. Still good for its price but can't compete even to my VE Monk lol. The biggest hype on head-fi ever. 

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #34,749 of 35,472

On the other hand, it's been almost 2 weeks since I ordered 4in1 from HCK, tracking status is still "Electronic data received". I can wait for one more week. What should I do if it stays longer?

I just cancelled my order of **** 4in1s from HCK. Jim has finally admitted that he don't have stock of **** 4in1s plus mid-autumn moon festival is going on in China hence most mail services are disrupted till the festivities gets over (he said post-Monday parcels should have updates). 

BTW, I went ahead and ordered 4in1s with silver cable from AK audio store (here the seller clearly explained in prior that he could ship the product only after coming Monday and he is indeed having stocks of **** 4in1s).

In your case, I think (since you have at least got a tracking number albeit which is showing the same status for the last 2 weeks) the seller could have already shipped it but the status not been updated due to the aforementioned festival. I would suggest you to wait till Monday and see what happens from then.

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #34,751 of 35,472
Just making sure is buying the super audio 6 on aliexpress for $250 is same price buying from taobao for $160 and i have to pay shipping an extra fees?

I suggest you should have to try the super audio's newly released and upgraded version of these 6BA the super audio Dolphin 6BA iem with little extra cost,  i already talked with the seller and he told me that the Dolphin is more superior than these 6BA iem,  Dolphins are also looking very beautiful. 

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #34,753 of 35,472
I do not necessary agree.
Is it really a smart choice to go for a $100 device, that does the job, but is not perfect. Or just go for the perfect device of $600?
Sometimes its wiser to invest in a product you will enjoy to the fullest for a long time, instead of picking the budget option.
$100 in the back of a drawer is more wasted than $600 on a device which one will carry everywhere.
Thus a $600 device can be a better choice than the $100, it's all depends on your financial status and personal preference.

Having said that, as a student, I would go for Stenogs solution and go for a LG V20 as an all in one solution to save money and for comfort :p

Cant take the money to the grave. Sometimes, you just have to buy something out of your comfort zone.

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #34,754 of 35,472
Sometimes you have to decide what you're happy with.  For me I'm debating between the Lotoo Paw 5K & AK70, which is a $200 vs $600 Dap choice.  Both offer balanced 2.5mm, line out, ability to be transport, ease of portability, bluetooth, etc...  It's a rough call on trying to decide what I want to spend.  I know the AK70 will be an upgrade to any Dap I have, where the Paw 5K might be a sidegrade to my Fiio X5 gen 1, but will be an upgrade to my HM700 for balanced play.  If I go with the 5K, I can justify setting aside the money to try Audeze's iSine 10 in a couple months.  If I get the AK70, it's basically an audible upgrade across the board vs the Daps I have, and can easily pair with my Mojo.  It's an expensive hobby, but there's always something new around the corner if you wait long enough.

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #34,755 of 35,472
  Sometimes you have to decide what you're happy with.  For me I'm debating between the Lotoo Paw 5K & AK70, which is a $200 vs $600 Dap choice.  Both offer balanced 2.5mm, line out, ability to be transport, ease of portability, bluetooth, etc...  It's a rough call on trying to decide what I want to spend.  I know the AK70 will be an upgrade to any Dap I have, where the Paw 5K might be a sidegrade to my Fiio X5 gen 1, but will be an upgrade to my HM700 for balanced play.  If I go with the 5K, I can justify setting aside the money to try Audeze's iSine 10 in a couple months.  If I get the AK70, it's basically an audible upgrade across the board vs the Daps I have, and can easily pair with my Mojo.  It's an expensive hobby, but there's always something new around the corner if you wait long enough.

i would say pick the ak70 and like what u said "it's basically an audible upgrade across the board vs the Daps I have, and can easily pair with my Mojo."
personally i feel source is very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back