Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #34,726 of 35,472
USD180 is without cable I think, additional USD30+ for a copper cable, and you pay the shipping fees amount depending where it's shipped to whereas AE include shipping (and you can try asking for discount), so it ends up not much difference!
I'll be receiving mine today.

let me know how they sound and how much did you pay for yours?

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #34,727 of 35,472
Well I do care. Thanks for the great review. I just can't decide if I get this DAP, or go big for the A&K Ak70, or the Cayin i5.
go big for the ak70/cayin i5. It will be worth it. For example both ak100ii and xduoo x3 are using the same dac chip but ak100ii sounds better bc of the better implementation. Of course, the price is more expensive. Ak70 is quite good for you as it has balanced output, versatile for your future iems should you want a 2.5mm jack

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #34,729 of 35,472

You struggle between a $100 product and a $600 products?! If I was you who has such a struggle, I'll go for the $100 and use $500 to do some more meaningful things.

Meaningful things is very personal and subjective though. Some might choose to take a vacation while some would opt for a higher end DAP.

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #34,731 of 35,472
You struggle between a $100 product and a $600 products?! If I was you who has such a struggle, I'll go for the $100 and use $500 to do some more meaningful things.
yeap agreed 100%. It really depends if one thinks its "worth". A matter of perception. Totally subjective

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #34,732 of 35,472
  Meaningful things is very personal and subjective though. Some might choose to take a vacation while some would opt for a higher end DAP.

Yep they are personal and subjective, to me I use my DAP on the go & work so portability and low cost if important in case I lose things.$150 DAP and $30 tops buds or IEMS.

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #34,733 of 35,472
go big for the ak70/cayin i5. It will be worth it. For example both ak100ii and xduoo x3 are using the same dac chip but ak100ii sounds better bc of the better implementation. Of course, the price is more expensive. Ak70 is quite good for you as it has balanced output, versatile for your future iems should you want a 2.5mm jack

Thanks mate. I'm aware both a&k daps and the xduoo use the same cirrus logic DAC but is there really any noticeable difference in sound due to implementation? One question, I've never used a balanced output, do I need a special 2.5mm cable or any cable with a 2.5mm plug will work for iems?

I'm not really struggling between those daps. I'm Saving for a good (both sound and build quality) player. I'm not in a hurry to get any, just trying to gather some info but I do want a quality product. I can't decide because as I said above, I don't know if the differences are really important due to implementation and I can't audition any of those daps unfortunately. But yeah I could get the $100 dap and buy some iems with the rest of the money, lol.

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #34,735 of 35,472
For future references only! If portability and easy to use is important, why not buy a smartphone, then you only have to carry one device. There are several smartphones today with excellent SQ and many of them can compete with low/mid tier dacs. I assume all carry a smartphone :).

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #34,736 of 35,472
Thanks mate. I'm aware both a&k daps and the xduoo use the same cirrus logic DAC but is there really any noticeable difference in sound due to implementation? One question, I've never used a balanced output, do I need a special 2.5mm cable or any cable with a 2.5mm plug will work for iems?
I'm not really struggling between those daps. I'm Saving for a good (both sound and build quality) player. I'm not in a hurry to get any, just trying to gather some info but I do want a quality product. I can't decide because as I said above, I don't know if the differences are really important due to implementation and I can't audition any of those daps unfortunately. But yeah I could get the $100 dap and buy some iems with the rest of the money, lol.

To me, I never want to invest a lot of money to electronic products. Headphones like HD600 can last for more than 20 years, but this would never happen on electronic products. It can only get cheaper and cheaper with more and more better sound quality.

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #34,737 of 35,472

I do not necessary agree.
Is it really a smart choice to go for a $100 device, that does the job, but is not perfect. Or just go for the perfect device of $600?
Sometimes its wiser to invest in a product you will enjoy to the fullest for a long time, instead of picking the budget option.
$100 in the back of a drawer is more wasted than $600 on a device which one will carry everywhere.
Thus a $600 device can be a better choice than the $100, it's all depends on your financial status and personal preference.

Having said that, as a student, I would go for Stenogs solution and go for a LG V20 as an all in one solution to save money and for comfort :p

Sep 14, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #34,738 of 35,472

I do not necessary agree.
Is it really a smart choice to go for a $100 device, that does the job, but is not perfect. Or just go for the perfect device of $600?
Sometimes its wiser to invest in a product you will enjoy to the fullest for a long time, instead of picking the budget option.
$100 in the back of a drawer is more wasted than $600 on a device which one will carry everywhere.
Thus a $600 device can be a better choice than the $100, it's all depends on your financial status and personal preference.

Having said that, as a student, I would go for Stenogs solution and go for a LG V20 as an all in one solution to save money and for comfort :p

MAN I can't wait for the V20.

And yeah, when it comes to spending less on a more "economical" product, the question is what the odds are of purchasing the bigger item down the road. If you're confident this will be the end, then get it. If the odds are high you'll get more later, just save up. Spend $600 instead of $700.

Sep 14, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #34,739 of 35,472
Smart phones are cool if you use one as a dedicated DAP but having a dead battery that needs charging or carrying around a spare, that you have to remember to have charged, can be a pain. I have the V10 and the sound is good but amp sucks, unless you do the HIFI Amp trick.

Sep 14, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #34,740 of 35,472
Just making sure is buying the super audio 6 on aliexpress for $250 is same price buying from taobao for $160 and i have to pay shipping an extra fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back