Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #34,697 of 35,472
@FUYU

Ouch, that really hurts to see!!! 
frown.gif

Well, at least you now know that you have at least three layers of wallpaper. 
biggrin.gif

Then again, why did you even take it off?

On a side-note, I am sure I'll also damage my wall if I ever decide to remove that small cherry wood veneer shelf that holds the SE425 and Triple.Fi10.

Sep 13, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #34,698 of 35,472
@FUYU

Ouch, that really hurts to see!!! :frowning2:

Well, at least you now know that you have at least three layers of wallpaper. :D

Then again, why did you even take it off?

On a side-note, I am sure I'll also damage my wall if I ever decide to remove that small cherry wood veneer shelf that holds the SE425 and Triple.Fi10.

I was testing the adhesive. It's definitely better to stick the Krudul to something which is not "Altbau". :wink:

Sep 13, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #34,699 of 35,472
  I was testing the adhesive. It's definitely better to stick the Krudul to something which is not "Altbau".
wink.gif

Well, I guess you can be happy that it was a German "Altbau-Wand". If it wasn't, you would have probably pulled down the whole wall when trying to remove the one part of the Krudul Duo. 
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #34,700 of 35,472
The 4in1 do so well with death metal. The full bodies bass and bass drum kicks are so present and lively, as it guitar crunch and sustain. Angelcorpse sounded to much airier and separated. Better separation and air than the Fidue A73. Arch Enemy, At the Gates, and Arsis never sounded so fresh.

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #34,701 of 35,472
This is entirely my opinion, by I feel the 4in1 are above the Havi B3 p1 just from a portability standpoint. Unamped Havi gets manhandled by the 4in1. Amped Havi wins with a more 3D image and soundstage, but this is where I think a weakness is a strength, because the performance ratio is very close. I believe because the separation of quality and performance aren't so vast that the fact the 4in1 will play and sound great on any DAP and portable music device, preferably unamped, that that complete NECESSITY the Havi are bound to amp that the 4in1 is just a better sound value, despite having less 3D sound and soundstage height/width. Oh the 4in1 bass is better and fuller than the Havi amped.

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #34,702 of 35,472
This is entirely my opinion, by I feel the 4in1 are above the Havi B3 p1 just from a portability standpoint. Unamped Havi gets manhandled by the 4in1. Amped Havi wins with a more 3D image and soundstage, but this is where I think a weakness is a strength, because the performance ratio is very close. I believe because the separation of quality and performance aren't so vast that the fact the 4in1 will play and sound great on any DAP and portable music device, preferably unamped, that that complete NECESSITY the Havi are bound to amp that the 4in1 is just a better sound value, despite having less 3D sound and soundstage height/width. Oh the 4in1 bass is better and fuller than the Havi amped.

​I agree. It's a good news that 4in1 is very easy to drive.
Have you been compared Havi with A83? Do you think which has better 3D soundstage, especially the soundstage height?
Thank you!

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #34,703 of 35,472

true..i use the regular pc dac on my work laptop no problems to drive the 4 in 1. On the go the X3 II sounds amazing. At home i have a dac/amp but i use my over ears.

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #34,704 of 35,472
​I agree. It's a good news that 4in1 is very easy to drive.
Have you been compared Havi with A83? Do you think which has better 3D soundstage, especially the soundstage height?
Thank you!

I have both (still have Havi and A83 left ear is dead) along with 4in1, SoundMagic E80, Fidue A73, Monk plus, and A2 and A3s. This is what I currently have, and 4in1 play well up against all my earphones, and bests all (unamped) except the A83. The A83 is more transparent, better at retrieving micro details, and more precise imaging than the Havi and the 4in1, with the Havi having wider east west soundstage than both A83 and 4in1, but the resolution is better on A83. Havi has better timbre though. 4in1 better timbre than both Havi and A83.

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #34,705 of 35,472
I have both (still have Havi and A83 left ear is dead) along with 4in1, SoundMagic E80, Fidue A73, Monk plus, and A2 and A3s. This is what I currently have, and 4in1 play well up against all my earphones, and bests all (unamped) except the A83. The A83 is more transparent, better at retrieving micro details, and more precise imaging than the Havi and the 4in1, with the Havi having wider east west soundstage than both A83 and 4in1, but the resolution is better on A83. Havi has better timbre though. 4in1 better timbre than both Havi and A83.

Thank you! I ever had A2. Though no other products, I can imagine 4in1 is better than others. 4in1 is definitely better than A2.
Sorry your A83 was broken! It seems soundstage of Havi and A83 has no obvious difference except Havi has better soundstage width.
It seems A82 is not very euphonic!

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #34,707 of 35,472

Thank you! I ever had A2. Though no other products, I can imagine 4in1 is better than others. 4in1 is definitely better than A2.
Sorry your A83 was broken! It seems soundstage of Havi and A83 has no obvious difference except Havi has better soundstage width.
It seems A82 is not very euphonic!

You have a very good understanding of both Havi and A83, sir. No, the A83 is nice and transparent and detail driven, but lacks the euphoric and full sound of 4in1. The bass isn't tuned that way (though the bass is still really good, it's not as sub bass and mid bass as 4in1. You got a good picture.

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #34,708 of 35,472
Let's quit splitting hairs. Yes it's a standard 2 pin width but the connector shape is proprietary. You can see in the photo you posted where the square pin connector fits awkwardly on the round receptacle of the Vyrus not to mention the little slot and protrusion on both ends of the cable which are supposed to hold the cable in the IEM. If that fir is ok with some than great. I own the Vyrus and DV2 so I know the cables well and frankly Trinity's braided cable is just fine use your custom elsewhere. 

I would buy the Vyrus instantly if I knew they would fit my 2pin custom cable (Forzaaudioworks.com), but that connection seems rather odd. Why couldnt they just use the universal fitting...

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #34,709 of 35,472
You have a very good understanding of both Havi and A83, sir. No, the A83 is nice and transparent and detail driven, but lacks the euphoric and full sound of 4in1. The bass isn't tuned that way (though the bass is still really good, it's not as sub bass and mid bass as 4in1. You got a good picture.

Thank you, buddy! Yeah, I'm happy to buy 4in1 in less than $30!
beerchug.gif

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #34,710 of 35,472
To pull a line from gestalt, this is purely my opinion and based on SQ and return on investment I have now tried many systems and for $225 this rig right here

will hold it's own with rigs costing 5 times as much baring the same quality file is pushed through it
wink_face.gif

Of course you know what they say about opinions
rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back