Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #29,161 of 35,472
More 808 rant, soundstage width is wide, but no depth & height. Resolution is poor and hence imaging is bad too.

Seems You got faulty/bad unit (or fake / different drivers) or bad cable soldering? 
rolleyes.gif
 My 808 has very good imaging and resolution, also depth & height are quite good. Weird, You seem to be first to rate them so bad.

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #29,162 of 35,472
Seems You got faulty/bad unit (or fake / different drivers) or bad cable soldering? :rolleyes:  My 808 has very good imaging and resolution, also depth & height are quite good. Weird, You seem to be first to rate them so bad.

I would have thought so if my measurement did not match mfg measurement.

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #29,163 of 35,472
Well, something seems wrong. Maybe 808 just isn`t Your type of sound signature? 
I can agree on bass resolution lacking littlebit and little "cold" mids but that`s all. Otherwise they are great hybrid, especially for money.

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #29,164 of 35,472
Still looking for a great dac around 100-200$ also I think I either will order a pair of Music Maker KK-Ting or TK-12 which one would you choose and why? 

Also why would you choose the dac you choose? Its for a pair of DT770 80Ohm PRo

Thanks in advance guys also Im a total noob when it comes to in-ears and DAC´s

If I were looking for a new dac in that price range I'd go for the Henry Audio one, not that it's Chinese or anything... Check it out http://www.henryaudio.se

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #29,165 of 35,472
I would have thought so if my measurement did not match mfg measurement.

Graph response is just a piece into the sound experience for instance you cannot infer soundstage or resolution from it.Regarding the hlsx's maybe they are a bit overhyped but i still consider them ok taking into account their price range.

Jun 8, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #29,167 of 35,472

say it ain't so, not you too Tim! 
tongue.gif

I have it in my hands err... well on my desk, its a heavy mother thats for sure. Dunno if I trust myself to upgrade components and not kill msyelf with the transformer at the back lol.

The capacitors will kill you before the transformer will - got bitten once by a ~350v cap from a camera flash, it was interesting.

Actually doing mods really isn't that complicated, just need a decent iron and a steady hand - or in my case a shaky hand will do. First of all, get some decent NOS tubes.

Jun 8, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #29,168 of 35,472
If I were looking for a new dac in that price range I'd go for the Henry Audio one, not that it's Chinese or anything... Check it out http://www.henryaudio.se

Sure looks nice but I almost think the Ibasso D14 is a better choice for its sleek design.

@Andra94, I still vote TK12 aka HCK A2 and get an iBasso D14

Hmm interesting combo indeed when reading the reviews on the IBasso I am quite impressed but does the TK12 really stand up to the challenge? Is there no other IEM at this price range to take a look at?

Also are we really looking for portable to be used on my PC? I wont need a portable DAC. Also to explain further is this PC -> XXXX -> Headphones so no special sound card or anything since it wont fit.  

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #29,170 of 35,472

The capacitors will kill you before the transformer will - got bitten once by a ~350v cap from a camera flash, it was interesting.

Actually doing mods really isn't that complicated, just need a decent iron and a steady hand - or in my case a shaky hand will do. First of all, get some decent NOS tubes.

I got figure out it if its a real tube amp first and not a hybrid. All those new terms like NOS tubes sound fun but expensive.

I'm screwed aren't I? I think I am gonna end up replacing parts from the amp for no reason.

God help me lol

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #29,171 of 35,472

Did I miss a strong contender? This is for running/random listening in car and so on.

The piston 3 are a good all-rounder imho. Fairly flat with an apparent bass boost. They sound good and accurate, just didn't wow me. For the price paid (around $12) you can't go wrong for casual listening.
Haven't heard the others, so cant comment on those.

Off-topic: Does anybody know how I can get my regular right mouse button menu working in the head-fi editor?
It now only shows "paste" when I click the right mouse button. I need some spell checking/word suggestion on a regular basis :p

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #29,172 of 35,472

I got figure out it if its a real tube amp first and not a hybrid. All those new terms like NOS tubes sound fun but expensive.

I'm screwed aren't I? I think I am gonna end up replacing parts from the amp for no reason.

God help me lol

You're stepping into a deep rabbit-hole with these things
wink.gif

You can get some good NOS tubes for reasonable prices. Most of the ones I currently own cost ~$20 a pop

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #29,175 of 35,472

They look really, really nice. However out of almost anyones price-range. And looking at the QT5, SW3 or even Master 6 from Trinity, I don't see any reason on why I'd on jump these. Speaking of Master 6: Vince have you heard the prototype of the Master 6 and if so, how do they stack up? Also, how's the isolation on both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back