Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #27,691 of 35,472
  Funny you should say that because I just added them to my wishlist less than 5 minutes ago. If you say they are better than the K4 I can hardly pass them up. I was actually thinking about wiping everything from my wishlist and going for tk12/13 but still undecided.

I feel they are bit better, better quality bass that goes deeper, mids are less in your face and vocals (esp male) don't have that extra bass to them (not as thick sounding), treble is a bit brighter. Sound stage is wider and a bit deeper. More clarity, natural sounding than the K4 (which is still a very good IEM). TK12/13 will still trump though

May 17, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #27,692 of 35,472
I am wanting a set of IEMs that are as detailed and as analytical as possible for $60 or under. Would you recommend the HLSX 808 or Shozy Zero or something else? I will be taking these with me to travel to play through a Rockboxed iPhone classic with FiiO Q1.

Also given the value to be found on Aliexpress in terms of IEMs are there similar values with over the ear headphones?

May 17, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #27,694 of 35,472

I just uploaded my review of the DUNU DN-2002:
 ​
 ​

Nice review Chris, you really worked that light box on this one
wink_face.gif
Super shots as always
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

May 17, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #27,695 of 35,472
Well my Monk Plus arrived at the Port of San Francisco yesterday morning so hopefully only a day or two more. My Maples were processed through Shenzen on the 13th and were in SF by the 15th. My TK13 were processed through Shenzen on the 11th and nothing since then besides a message above the 11th stating "we have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this piece". Crazy how much the shipping times vary

May 17, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #27,696 of 35,472
Just stumbled on mentions of the UE, UEs and Easy UEs.  Read some good reviews here (Easy UEs seems interesting), but what sort of sound isolation do they provide?  I'm thinking of using them specifically as cheap on-stage monitors not casual listening, are they good enough for that|?  Don't need 100% isolation (probably better if they aren't), but at least not too far from something like the Aurisonics.

Speaking of them, looking at their Eva but the sound signature reviews don't appeal (single dynamic mid-heavy, though I could EQ them). How do they compare SQ and ilsolation-wise to the UEs/Easy UEs?

And comfort?

May 17, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #27,697 of 35,472
Just stumbled on mentions of the UE, UEs and Easy UEs.  Read some reviews good here (Easy UEs seems interesting), but what sort of sound isolation do they provide?  I'm thinking of using them specifically as cheap on-stage monitors not casual listening, are they good enough for that|?  Don't need 100% isolation (probably better if they aren't), but at least not too far from something like the Aurisonics.

Speaking of them, looking at the Eva but the sound signature reviews don't appeal (though I could EQ them). How do they compare SQ and ilsolation-wise to the UEs/Easy UEs?

I use Auvio Large tips on my 2016 Easy UEs and isolation is superb. As soon as you get music going you can't hear a thing. Even outside walking on a windy day I heard no wind howling

May 17, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #27,698 of 35,472
I am wanting a set of IEMs that are as detailed and as analytical as possible for $60 or under. Would you recommend the HLSX 808 or Shozy Zero or something else? I will be taking these with me to travel to play through a Rockboxed iPhone classic with FiiO Q1.

Also given the value to be found on Aliexpress in terms of IEMs are there similar values with over the ear headphones?

PMV A01

May 17, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #27,699 of 35,472
Cool, does the ear shape on these actually help isolation like on the better stage monitors?  I noticed Aurisonic claim better than 90% ear compatibility with their 3D printed cases, but I assume those are a better fit than the Asian ones?

And how do you rate the SQ?  For stage use I'm after flat-ish with true-to-source detail and decent (flat) bass, though I can EQ too as long as the detail & some balance is there to begin with.

May 17, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #27,700 of 35,472
  Cool, does the ear shape on these actually help isolation like on the better stage monitors?  I noticed Aurisonic claim better than 90% ear compatibility with their 3D printed cases, but I assume those are a better fit than the Asian ones?

And how do you rate the SQ?  For stage use I'm after flat-ish with true-to-source detail and decent (flat) bass, though I can EQ too as long as the detail & some balance is there to begin with.

Its pretty bass heavy, I don't EQ but I could see dropping it down to get a fairly balanced sound. I can try in a little while via my Xduoo X3

Also, not sure if it helps. Seem to be one of my most isolating IEMs but this is my first IEM of this design

May 17, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #27,704 of 35,472

Carot Tittas are really good for the money. $50 new I think? Destroys the Zero on detail and neturality. The zero is not analytical one bit.

hell for $60 you could get the low end Etymotics but the biggest difference between the Ety and Titta is you can bass boost the Titta to be bass monsters, the Etys you can only EQ so much.

May 17, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #27,705 of 35,472
@_gl , just tested Easy UEs through my Xduoo X3 using Fiio E12 Line Out and using the RB software to cut the Bass -6 gave a more balanced sound and still sounded very good. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back