Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #27,677 of 35,472
Well, I'm lightyears behind most others, but due to my experience with the Dunu DN-1000 and Astrotec AX-35, I worried that hybrids may not be for me and I'd feel some buyers remorse if I spent a bunch of money on one again.  Well, after one of my random glances at the for sale forums, I noticed that one of our members was selling their TK11 for a price I just couldn't turn down, so I went ahead and picked it up.  Unfortunately I've been quite busy and haven't been able to really give them much attention, but now that I finally have a chance, I must admit they handle How To Destroy Angels quite well!  If I continue to enjoy them, I might have to begrudgingly accept that a further TK purchase very well may be in my future.

May 17, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #27,680 of 35,472
  can shockwave 3 triumph all dunu iems lol

cool.gif
Probably.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

May 17, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #27,682 of 35,472
  Well, I'm lightyears behind most others, but due to my experience with the Dunu DN-1000 and Astrotec AX-35, I worried that hybrids may not be for me and I'd feel some buyers remorse if I spent a bunch of money on one again.  Well, after one of my random glances at the for sale forums, I noticed that one of our members was selling their TK11 for a price I just couldn't turn down, so I went ahead and picked it up.  Unfortunately I've been quite busy and haven't been able to really give them much attention, but now that I finally have a chance, I must admit they handle How To Destroy Angels quite well!  If I continue to enjoy them, I might have to begrudgingly accept that a further TK purchase very well may be in my future.

I think the Twin knows a pretty good iem and he's been touting the TK (Music Maker) stuff for some time now. Not sure if the SWIII can take out the Dunu2000J but for the asking price the TK11/12 and 13 are some very well built and pretty good sounding hybrids
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

May 17, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #27,683 of 35,472

I think the Twin knows a pretty good iem and he's been touting the TK (Music Maker) stuff for some time now. Not sure if the SWIII can take out the Dunu2000J but for the asking price the TK11/12 and 13 are some very well built and pretty good sounding hybrids
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

can shockwave 3 take out flc8s LOL

May 17, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #27,685 of 35,472

This also includes the DUNU DN-2002 2BA+2DD $385 ?
confused_face(1).gif

biggrin.gif
I owned the 2000 and Have heard (had about 3 weeks with it on loan) the 2000J. IMHO, YEP.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 17, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #27,688 of 35,472

whats the major difference between qt5 and shockwave 3 iyo

cool.gif
Audio, I don't have the QT5 yet. I was waiting for some reviews first. It's on my short list. From the sound of it looks like a couple weeks so I can pony up the $$$ for it. I just sprang for the DQSM2.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 17, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #27,689 of 35,472

cool.gif
Audio, I don't have the QT5 yet. I was waiting for some reviews first. It's on my short list. From the sound of it looks like a couple weeks so I can pony up the $$$ for it. I just sprang for the DQSM2.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

shall wait
biggrin.gif

have the urge to click on buy for all aliexpress iems LOL

May 17, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #27,690 of 35,472
it's been a good journey, but i'm gonna step off this bus for awhile to focus on other obsessions. before i do, i'll share my purely personal, mercifully brief evaluations of some of the (too many) iems i've accumulated:

Top Tier
HLSX 808--these really do justify the hype--energetic and forward without sacrificing accuracy and detail. very comfortable and a fantastic bargain.
TK-12--masters of clarity; less in-your-face than the 808s but truer to the source; drivers are perfectly integrated.
Tennmak Dulcimer--extremely refined despite their bass-enhanced "consumer" sound; classic example of price/performance gone awry.
Middle Tier
Easy DIY IE800 (allegedly **** drivers)--I'm currently enamored of these; they are as transparent and detailed as anything I own, including BAs; downgraded only for a slightly thin bass. Abundant sparkle and energy.
Audiosense AS20--something of an under-the-radar hybrid with a signature quite similar to the 808s, albeit with less bass and "sparkle". very easy to drive, quite transparent and a good allrounder
Easy (Ownluxe) Custom UES--these have many virtues, including great bass depth and extended, detailed treble; however I never quite warmed up to these; driver integration isn't quite seamless and they're very sensitive to fit and placement.
Tennmak Pro--initially I thought these were unusually accurate but a little bass-shy; after driving 'em with my new, mega-powered HTC10 I heard quite a bit of subbass presence. Extremely analytical and expensive-sounding--they're really not far removed from the pricy Shures they're flagrantly copying. I  love the slogan on the tin box "We are Honest We are Profession." Docked a notch only for the over-the-ear fit.
KZ HDS3--laugh all you want, but these are the ones I most often reach for uncritical listening. Loud, imprecise and fun as hell--they're actually tuneable by adjusting depth of insertion.
Third Tier
LG Quadbeat--a very competent, refined IEM with no discernible flaws aside from a lack of "wow." Very comfortable and well made.
KJJB K4--beautifully finished and very comfortable, nice airy sound; bass is very tight and accurate but doesn't go super-deep. I may be underrating these.
Vsonic VSD1--I thought these were great until I acquired many of the foregoing; now they sound slightly veiled and a tad "slow" at the low end. Midrange is very liquid.
Xiaomi Piston 3--another competent all-arounder; I rate slightly under the similar LG because of a slightly grainy treble and less natural tone.
KZ EDSE--major wow factor; hyper-energetic, if a tad deficient in highend detail and overall refinement. My rap-happy bride loves these.
KZ ATE--very clear sounding and actually quite comparable to the Tennmak Pros, with somewhat greater bass quantity; I hate the copper baubles on the cables and don't like the fit.
Narmoo S1--a very good match for certain kinds of bass-heavy music, tho the low end can slightly overwhelm/obscure the rest. Not very detailed.

I do have a few more (Shozy Zero, Joyroom 107 and Rock Zircon) supposedly on their way from China; we'll see how they match up.

Thanks to all the good folks here for their genuine enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back