Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #27,661 of 35,472
Thanks for clarifying :)

Edit : Nice collection btw

Thank you , been tossing between the Shockwaves and QT5s then last night in a moment of weakness (and a bottle of merlot) I made the fatal mistake of looking in best bass IEM thread .. now a pair Sony XB90EX are on the way! .. today all this talk about SW3 and QT5s is giving itchy finger syndrome add alcohol to the mix and its a done deal! :beerchug:

May 17, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #27,662 of 35,472
Thank you , been tossing between the Shockwaves and QT5s then last night in a moment of weakness (and a bottle of merlot) I made the fatal mistake of looking in best bass IEM thread .. now a pair Sony XB90EX are on the way! .. today all this talk about SW3 and QT5s is giving itchy finger syndrome add alcohol to the mix and its a done deal!
beerchug.gif

Try a bottle of Bordeaux tonight, maybe you'll pick a more balanced IEM instead of a full bodied one :wink:

May 17, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #27,663 of 35,472
Thank you , been tossing between the Shockwaves and QT5s then last night in a moment of weakness (and a bottle of merlot) I made the fatal mistake of looking in best bass IEM thread .. now a pair Sony XB90EX are on the way! .. today all this talk about SW3 and QT5s is giving itchy finger syndrome add alcohol to the mix and its a done deal! :beerchug:

Ha ha, I'm looking forward to hear what you think about them.

Try a bottle of Bordeaux tonight, maybe you'll pick a more balanced IEM instead of a full bodied one :wink:

LOL! Good one :thumbsup::thumbsup:

May 17, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #27,665 of 35,472
I just spotted these Hotfi M2 on AE. No idea if they use the Sendiy original, Easy or a new driver but in the pictures they have Sendiy labeling on the plug. I don't own any variant but thought some might find it interesting.
http://tinyurl.com/h7suxe3

May 17, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #27,666 of 35,472
I just spotted these Hotfi M2 on AE. No idea if they use the Sendiy original, Easy or a new driver but in the pictures they have Sendiy labeling on the plug. I don't own any variant but thought some might find it interesting.

I honestly wouldn't take my luck on something like that again, especially on the same model.

May 17, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #27,668 of 35,472

The 3rd ones from the left are Easy M2s, 3rd from the right are Custom UE DIYs , your correct about the red ones to the right of the Shozy Zeros being 808s.

The red blue easy diy is all about that bass, about that bass, about that bass, no treble.

It has NO treble, how is that even possible ?! I think a 20 db treble boost made it flat -.-

May 17, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #27,669 of 35,472

Nice find! That dark wood (please be real) looks sexy quality alongside the chrome details even to my sober stuck at work eyes.. surely its a Sendiy? scraping the bottom of the barrel if its a fake label to lure genuine Sendiy M2 fans.. looking forward to reading user impressions ..

May 17, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #27,670 of 35,472

Thanks I'll check them out. Nice collection too BTW :)

Your welcome :) Tbh am surprised the missus hasnt expressed any concern about the growing collection of dangly things in the office wardrobe .. surely shes noticed by now. .

If its of any use heres impressions so far from this evolving collection of cough "Christmas decorations" cough ..:wink:

The Fidues A83s are the best example in the group of a well balanced bright and sparkly out of head IEM, sweet for female vocal but able to dig deep in bass with EDM. A83s are followed by the 808s which sound to my ears like a slightly scaled down signature of A83s , find the 808s much more comfortable for extended listening and user friendly when out and about. Wish they had detachable cables.. is that being ungrateful, spoilt and picky? Considering I picked these up for $39 I think so .. am still scratching my head over how much they offer per $

Then theres the Shozy Zero's .. warm, intimate ,musical, with tasty rich sounding bass, non muddied forward mids and pleasant slightly laid back treble with a hint of sparkle.. these have taken over the IE80s job of providing my crack EDM bass fix .. Zeros are also the most comfortable of the lot. They are so small the foam tips look ridiculous.. so light you hardly know they are there which makes their big rich sound rather paradoxical. The Zeros are the ones I enjoy taking to work and the ones I worry most about squashing when slothing on the couch..they seem more delicate than the others.. my precious.

The IE80s beat the Zeros on Soundstage .. the IE80s beat them all in soundstage! and also in bass but of a lesser quality of the more boomy muddied kind when dial is tinkered with. Have kept IE80s for their soundstage and am hoping that my next intoxicated purchase (last nights being the Sony MDR -XB90EX) is the QT5s or Shockwaves which will knock the IE80 off its post.

The Tenmak Pros are incredibly comfortable for extended listening almost beating the Zeros , what they lack in bass depth they make up for with a pleasing crisp, clear bright mids and airy treble, perhaps its also the brain knowing they sound this good for $26 and again they jumped up to next level sound quality when using a spare Fidue MMX silver cable! Maybe they seem even more mid and treble sentric because of an absence of bass or recessed bass if that is possible.. have done more tip rolling with Tennmak Pros than any others and discovered that a SHALLOW insertion using large bore silicons from the Easy M2s resulted in pleasing subwoofer resonance in my ear canals making the Pros sound even more balanced and impressive for such a pitance , and thats about as good of compliment as the Easy M2 will get compared to the value of some others in this collection so far. Have read great things about some of Easys IEMs but for me sadly the Easy M2 is not one of them..

I wont bother getting into the others as like my Xs theyve become stepping stones to better ones . :popcorn: The not bad Piston 2 lead to the better balanced but slightly more dull Piston 3 and aaagh it all began thanks to the Skullcandy Inks (Their nagging inadequacies and horrendous microphonics started it all)

Hope these impressions are helpful :beerchug:

May 17, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #27,671 of 35,472
 A83s are followed by the 808s which sound to my ears like a slightly scaled down signature of A83s , find the 808s much more comfortable for extended listening and user friendly when out and about. Considering I picked these up for $39 am still scratching my head over how much they offer per $

That`s really good to read. Can`t wait for 808 to arrive!
tongue.gif

May 17, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #27,674 of 35,472
Sweeet my Zeros are just days away.

Well since you have the K4 and the Zero are on the way the only choice you have left is the TK Maple! Lol

May 17, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #27,675 of 35,472
Well since you have the K4 and the Zero are on the way the only choice you have left is the TK Maple! Lol

Funny you should say that because I just added them to my wishlist less than 5 minutes ago. If you say they are better than the K4 I can hardly pass them up. I was actually thinking about wiping everything from my wishlist and going for tk12/13 but still undecided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back