Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #25,756 of 35,472
Haven't been on here in years, but I'm looking for a decent pair of over-ear headphones with good, tight bass. I listen to more hip-hop and reggae than anything. I live in Hong Kong, so I can Taobao directly without an agent! Thanks in advance.

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #25,758 of 35,472
  @hakuzen ok thanks,
but how are Rock Zircon vs **** UE vs Joyroom E107 ? 
wich one is better for hip-hop ?

I think you've milked this topic to the full and it's time to make a decision. With each new question you'll get one or more opinions and just end up being more confused than ever. 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #25,760 of 35,472
I think you've milked this topic to the full and it's time to make a decision. With each new question you'll get one or more opinions and just end up being more confused than ever. :tongue_smile:

+1

@crabdog yea , but I do not want to regret my decision. Ok i order **** UE , i have big ears , so idk how wil fit small headphones in my ear  like E107 =)

Hopefully you'll enjoy them. I'm not one of those persons that's gonna tell you that you made the right decision because imo you're the only one who can decide that :wink:

You've narrowed your choices down to some popular models and the rest is really up to your personal preference.

Good luck!

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #25,761 of 35,472
  @crabdog yea , but I do not want to regret my decision. Ok i order **** UE , i have big ears , so idk how wil fit small headphones in my ear  like E107 =)

I hope you enjoy them! From what I've heard they should be really good for your needs.

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #25,763 of 35,472
@peter123 thank you , but i will buy from aliexpress and i don't want to buy a product with no orders =))
u can say your opinion because i didn't ordered now.

Yeah I understand but there's plenty of good feed back for all your choices. That doesn't necessarily mean that everyone loves all of them and that's because out personal preference differs and that's where no one can help you because only you can decide what's best for you in the end :)

You can just look at the impressions of the Xiaomi offerings and Zircon in the last few pages and you'll see that some love them while others doesn't care for them at all. Nothing is for everyone :wink:

Apr 17, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #25,764 of 35,472
Now , I have only $17.75 on the card , so I will go for Piston 3 or Joyroom 107. Lol , I did not expect.
 I searched E107 on aliexpress and it costs 11.6$ , some people buyed for 8$, can you give me the link?

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #25,765 of 35,472
  Now , I have only $17.75 on the card , so I will go for Piston 3 or Joyroom 107. Lol , I did not expect.
 I searched E107 on aliexpress and it costs 11.6$ , some people buyed for 8$, can you give me the link?

That might be during the anniversary sale. 

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #25,766 of 35,472
The only complaint I have about the Tennmak Piano is the cable is kind of obnoxious. Due to it's irregular shape, the mic catches on my shirt collar.

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #25,767 of 35,472
The only complaint I have about the Tennmak Piano is the cable is kind of obnoxious. Due to it's irregular shape, the mic catches on my shirt collar.

yeah i would have preferred if they made the cable lengths equal on each side but apart from that it's all good. I have a feeling these would sound better amped but haven't tried yet, just running through my X2.

*Forgot to mention the cable has some pretty huge microphonics but not so bad with a shirt clip.

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #25,768 of 35,472

@tw1s

i am reading all your posts and finding that you are a bit confused!
since i own these IEMs .. ill give u a small suggestion!

joyroom 107 vs piston 3 vs xiaomi hybrids

it is simple!  
you are looking at hip-hop + Rap ..

which is ofc a good vocal response + additional bass for some thumping effects!
also some detail will help you for some well produced music as it makes the experience wholesome!

its basically like eating your favorite food!

BASS - Hybrid > joyroom > piston 3

joyroom 107 and the hybrid will have adequate bass response and will be better than piston 3! 
hybrid's bass is really deep and extending .

VOCALS - piston 3 > joyroom = hybrids ( why equal will be explained )

piston 3 will give you a forward feel (with the right tips ) , more of an upfront experience 
whereas the joyroom and the hybrids will push them a tad bit back .. though the vocal experience is different .
vocals on hybrids will be recessed but for the greater good because other melodies , symphonies and bass overlap and mix into a beautiful experience on the HYBRIDS!
whereas the joyroom will aim towards accuracy by melting the bass and vocals together and giving an overall likable sound!

DETAIL (MICRO) 

hybrids > joyroom > piston ( the difference between piston 3 vs joyroom will be explained)

here is where the balanced armature comes into the picture!
i really doubt whether many people have actually completed the burn- in process of minimum 150 hours on the HYBRIDS!
when this is done .. you will get a totally different experience in itself!
both drivers will really show their magical touch and start playing some music that will leave you wondering about its PRICE!
basically THEY are like the school kid which is DIFFERENT and dosent FIT in necessarily with all his/her colleagues , but has that special something that some people love , but some people hate!

they hybrids will deliver a sound that will totally differentiate it out of all dynamic drive or micro dynamic driver IEMs!
it will deliver bass + separate instruments + keep micro detail intact !
and it will do this job good!
i assure you! 
it will add its flavor to the song and that is what sets it apart! ( i like this and appreciate this bold effort)

now when we speak about pistons and joyrooms..
both of them will surely produce detail in all the spectrums and will give you a satisfactory experience for sure!
the micro driver engineering in joyroom is oriented for a non fatiguing listen and definitely delivers sound with precision , making it likable to the average consumer ! 

now now.. the piston 3 have a small problem (at least in the recent batch of piston 3 which are fully authentic from the official MI STORE and also gearbest)
they tend to show harshness in the TREBLE area which is easily caught by the ear .. be it a window shatter in a movie or any song (like Paper triangles by the pillows ) which tend to work around that 6-8 khz range !
and this can only be fixed with TIP rolling and EQ! 

basically all 3 IEMs are good .. no doubt!
i give full credit , to the respective brands!
but i personally feel that the hybrids are an experience whereas the pistons and the joyrooms are a good listen!

you wont go wrong with either!
hence its your call!
btw.. i love your koala pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back