Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #25,726 of 35,472

I've composed several mini-reviews earlier, which you could checkout on the links below!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/25545#post_12504410

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/25410#post_12498621

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/25335#post_12495857

Other reviews on the HLSX-808 are on the way by other buyers......
etysmile.gif

Hey Clearhead. 
I am loving the Sendiy more than any other in this price range, and then some. How is the signature of the HLSX-808 compared to the Sendiy with the silver tuning filters?

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #25,727 of 35,472
@hakuzen The most important thing for me is how comfortable  are headphones
For example piston 2  and Dunu 900 don't fit   well in my ear.
I said I wanted headphones for listening to rap and hip-hop. 
I will  use them to Xiaomi MI3 phone and computer.
I don't need a balanced sound , I need subwoofer =))) but a nice sound .
I can sacrifice the bass , if other headphones sounds better

Apr 16, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #25,728 of 35,472

Sendiy M2 with silver filters have an awesome bass response. It is not just elevated, but good quality too. As they are compact and have a very "standard" design they are also comfortable to wear. For something like rap and hip hop they are a great choice for the price. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #25,729 of 35,472
  I've been enjoying my Piano a lot. They have significantly less bass than the VJJB K4 and Zircon (everything has less than Zircon for me lol). The Piano has a very smooth non-fatiguing sound and I can wear them for a very long time without any discomfort. I'm very happy with mine.

I knew I wouldn't be the only one to appreciate the Piano. I wouldn't say it is enough bass for a basshead at all, just enough to not feel well represented and not deficient at any frequency. IMO, it only took about 20 hours burn-in, cause at first listen it was no subbass at all. I love the cable too, it is great for jogging.

I'm currently listening and burning in the QKZ DM3, which is in the same housing as the Tennmak Banjo. It is definitely not the same driver. The Banjo is V shaped with plenty of treble, but the QKZ DM3 is L shaped with even less treble than the Zircon.

Apr 16, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #25,730 of 35,472

I made an impression/review of the Tennmak Pro IEMs a 20 or so pages back. My thoughts have changed very little. They sound amazing for the price, and I think with the burn in the treble and sub bass has improved some. They cost $22 and work fine with my Oneplus X so you can use them with your phone. They're comfortable and small.

I'd link you to my impressions post, but that is h*ll to do over phone so please click on my profile and look at my previous posts.

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #25,731 of 35,472
I have to say that I've got all the KZ currently in fashion plus the Joyroom 107 and Rock Zircon. The last two are my fave but the strange thing is how much better the Rocks sound from a decent source rather than and phone. From my phone they go plenty sound enough but with the Xduoo X2 they are so much better controlled the bass is way tighter and they really sound Hifi. From and phone they are just fun but the bass is a bit bloated . The Joyroom are also delightful from a good source.

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #25,732 of 35,472
hakuzenthe joyrooms are only slightly less detailed than the LZ-Z02A to the point where the joyroom comes out on top in detail retrieval on some tracks and the LZ-Z02A on others. In fact the difference is so small that I would have been happy taking the joyroom JR-E107 over the LZ-Z02A if i had a chance to try before buying.

EDIT
When you receive you joyrooms listen, do a comparison with both, listening to the track - stevie wonder - signed, sealed delivered,... At 8 seconds an instrument comes in from the left like a clarinet or something. On the joyrooms its sounds far more clearer and real than on the LZ-Z02A. Check it and I'd be interested to know your findings on this bit of micro detail.

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #25,733 of 35,472

Just a few quick 1st impressions...purchased the whole ZhiYin suite that includes 4 different ones at different price points.

Zhiyin QT5 - Extremely, extremely detailed.  I think this has to do with being 4BA+DD, comparing to the LZ-a3 2BA+DD, the QT5 are a level above.  Highly sensative set, my Grace M9xx was at a comfortable level of 55, so 8 ohm seems correct.  Also they are very weighty/heavy.  Its solid, the workmanship on the housing, even though they are simple, seem very good/excellent.
One not so good thing... the included cable is NOT 8-core as listing shows.  The seller I purchased from is checking on that, as this is a new company, who knows what to expect in the beginning.  I've listened to these the least and will have more impressions later

Zhiyin Z2015 - Its got very good quality and quantity bass.  I could not listen again with the stock cable.  Switched with a $7.00 replacement that makes a difference.  No L or R designation on the housing.  Personally liked wearing them straight-down but over-the-ear works good too.  I listened to these mostly yesterday, so my opinion on these are not freshly in my mind.  I will take better notes next time but he one thing that stands out the most on this set is the bass.  They are a hybrid 1ba+DD design.

Zhiyin Z2000- Single dynamic MMCX replaceable cable headset for around $20.00.  I am mostly listening to this set today.  Again, stock cable is gone.  Stuck a whiplash copper cable as these at the momen,t seem to have some limitations.  Maybe burn-in time will help it some more but IMO they are recommendable at their price.

Zhiyin Z700 - BAD.  Listed as a hybrid, upon inspecting...they are only single composite unit/driver.  This is visible confirmed by the way as the black or blue housing are semi-transparent.  The seller will check with this new designer/maker and get back to me on this.  

More to come later...work calls!

Apr 16, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #25,734 of 35,472
@hakuzenthe joyrooms are only slightly less detailed than the LZ-Z02A to the point where the joyroom comes out on top in detail retrieval on some tracks and the LZ-Z02A on others. In fact the difference is so small that I would have been happy taking the joyroom JR-E107 over the LZ-Z02A if i had a chance to try before buying.

EDIT
When you receive you joyrooms listen, do a comparison with both, listening to the track - stevie wonder - signed, sealed delivered,... At 8 seconds an instrument comes in from the left like a clarinet or something. On the joyrooms its sounds far more clearer and real than on the LZ-Z02A. Check it and I'd be interested to know your findings on this bit of micro detail.

woohoo! i'm enjoying the lz-z02a (less than 24 hours burn in), so will listen to and probably enjoy the joyroom jr-e107 as much =))
Stevie fan here, so will check that clarinet. read here about a 8KHz peak in the e107 (besides of its enhanced bass), while the trebles in z02a are more controlled than in z03a (no 6KHz peak). maybe that clarinet sound is around 8KHz. will also check their overall detail, and natural tone as well. thank you!

just listened to some Eminem songs to compare sound between the cooking **** ue and lz-z02a.
**** has very good sub bass, but lot of rumble, reverberation (dunno if this will settle a bit after toasting). z02a has same extended sub bass, and maybe near presence to ****, but its faster, tighter, more controlled. i guess the kind of bass is a matter of preference (and both might need some more cooking; someone who has these iems for longer could confirm this).
**** cymbals sound splashy, very artificial (it seems is related to a 5-6KHz peak, read here). it also touches some loud vocals. i like z02a vocals (in general) and cymbals much more, and guess vocals are as important in rap/hip-hop than bass.
the drivers of the **** are very big (large and deep); although they are ergonomic, their size is in the limit (i have small ears). not as comfortable than tiny iems.

so i'd wait for more details about overall good sounding bass enhanced iems. you know about some of them now, but more are joining, as you can observe in headfiers' posts. bass enhance is easy to find in this price segment (natural or detailed treble is rarer to find in them). so take your time to decide based on detailed advice.

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #25,736 of 35,472
I tried my best. Next is the Fiio EM3. Less than two weeks from now.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-z03a/reviews/15779

Good job on the review, it's a good read.  I just ordered these headphones a few weeks ago myself.

I've read on here that the sound really changes based on what tips you used.  Did you use the Spinfit for the entire review?  I believe I read the yellow tips were terrible for bass, and that the other ones are way better.

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #25,737 of 35,472
Good job on the review, it's a good read.  I just ordered these headphones a few weeks ago myself.

I've read on here that the sound really changes based on what tips you used.  Did you use the Spinfit for the entire review?  I believe I read the yellow tips were terrible for bass, and that the other ones are way better.

I used the SpinFit tips towards the middle and end of the burn-in process. The Yellow Core tips are terrible. They are stiff and the sound is too edgy and bright. The SpinFit eartips tame the brightness to a more listenable level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back