Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #19,538 of 35,472

Ditto Sir
biggrin.gif

My Peek-A-Boo shot
eek.gif

Man! I just thought I saw my reflection......seriously!

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #19,539 of 35,472
  The KZ HDS-1 is the best KZ yet. Love the quality of sound it puts out for $10.

Quote:
Bro, I've been preaching to the KZ quire on this for a while. Throw some impression on the KZ thread when you get a chance my friend. Please and thank you

OK, between 'bhazard' and 'Hisoundfi'.....I am totally stoked and convinced, I'm going to pull the trigger and get the KZ-HDS1.

......I still can purchase a KZ Micro, is it worth it? Should I buy this as well? Or, does the KZ-HDS1 justify its' position?

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #19,541 of 35,472
  Damn right Psyren. 

TBH it is pretty scary considering buying one of these IEMs...I want to make a one-time purchase and it seems there isn't much in the way of direct comparison between these and the traditional brands(high-end anyway). Afraid of ending up with something worse than my dead Pro 30s. Obviously it would still be a great deal for the price, but a downgrade for me. Saving so much money is definitely attractive though. :\

Actually I've been through what you're feeling now and I can safely say that there is no one-time purchase lol (unless it's the Havis because after spending so much and going in a big round I still love 'em) because at some point you'll become curious about how this new iem or another sounds like. Another thing I realised is that the quality of music increases at a vastly declining rate, a $600 iem won't be 10x better than the $60 Havi or 100x better than the $6 KZ. Up to maybe the $100 range you'll get massive improvement, less but still significant when you get to $200 and beyond that it's pretty marginal. Finally, flagship brands have been doing their stuff for a long time so they're reliable, but also a lot of money goes into advertising and stuff so they *can* be a little priced beyond their performance. Some of these dinky Chinese brands truly offer performance far far beyond their price, and that's why people like us like them (or maybe it's our wallets that do). Perhaps you could give one of these giant killers a try and see how you like them. Sometimes the hobby isn't just about which iem has better specs but also the enjoyment we derive when we listen to music. Definitely for some of these budget monsters you'll get lesser refinement than you're used to but for others (e.g. the mighty Havi or Narmoo S1 among those I've heard) you really might be surprised.

Well I thought for sure Wokei was going to have a coronary over this but once I watched it I realized she is not Hyuna
rolleyes.gif
It's like the Japanese version of "Bang a Gong, get it on"
bigsmile_face.gif
They rock it Red
wink_face.gif

LOL ikr! Traditional instruments, insanely skilled musicians, graceful moves, soaring vocals and drop dead gorgeous vocalist. Well @Wokei may yet have some heart flutters if he sees her haha.. 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #19,542 of 35,472
The KZ HDS-1 is the best KZ yet. Love the quality of sound it puts out for $10.

I'm excited that you & Vince endorse them so. I hope they are my cup of tea... They should be arriving from Amazon anyday now... (in the next couple weeks or less hopefully); ordered them quite a while ago. Ordered a green & blue pair for about $15 I think; sounds like a steal!

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #19,543 of 35,472
  http://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_261864.html

Thanks bhazard! I'm definitely gonna try these out. Haven't tried any hybrids before as the well reviewed ones weren't exactly "cheap" (as in sub $40/£30) and they didn't look that good either. 

Considering I am a bit of a Xiaomi fanboy and the price of these though I am going to try these. Ordered!

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #19,544 of 35,472
I'm excited that you & Vince endorse them so. I hope they are my cup of tea... They should be arriving from Amazon anyday now... (in the next couple weeks or less hopefully); ordered them quite a while ago. Ordered a green & blue pair for about $15 I think; sounds like a steal!

I always get confused when someone says Vince (Hifisound), as my name is also Vince. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back