Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #18,376 of 35,472

The case have a little damage at the side which is still acceptable.

One side of the earphone has a bit of paint drop which is still acceptable.

Lastly, would like to know for the filter at the nozzle as shown in the last photo, one of it is torn and hang it inside, Is that just a protective layer? Can i just remove it?

Are they from Ali? How do they sound? You can use a needle to lift and stick back to the noozle.

Sep 26, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #18,377 of 35,472

The case have a little damage at the side which is still acceptable.

One side of the earphone has a bit of paint drop which is still acceptable.

Lastly, would like to know for the filter at the nozzle as shown in the last photo, one of it is torn and hang it inside, Is that just a protective layer? Can i just remove it?

The set I got did not have any tear in the carry case, neither any tear in the filter. Maybe you should talk to the seller.

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #18,378 of 35,472
Are they from Ali? How do they sound? You can use a needle to lift and stick back to the noozle.

Yup...bought from Aliexpress. Will use the needle method. As for the sound, am still a newbie to give impression as this is the most expensive earphone i bought....and i can only compare with a few of kz model that i had bought. If want comparison, definitely ckr9ltd as this is the first time i felt the separation of the music, something like 3D feeling.

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #18,379 of 35,472
The set I got did not have any tear in the carry case, neither any tear in the filter. Maybe you should talk to the seller.

Have sent a message to the seller and wait for her reply. I am fine with the slight tear of the case and the paint chipoff on one of the earphone, just that i don't know whether i can accept the tear of the filter.

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #18,380 of 35,472
Have sent a message to the seller and wait for her reply. I am fine with the slight tear of the case and the paint chipoff on one of the earphone, just that i don't know whether i can accept the tear of the filter.

Yes exactly.. The torn filter is the one which would have me worried as well... Hope you get this sorted out soon...

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #18,382 of 35,472
Sep 26, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #18,383 of 35,472
Lol, not much left to choose from then
wink.gif

Why do you say that? I have AK380/Chord Hugo/AK Layla. All not made in China!

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #18,384 of 35,472
Why do you say that? I have AK380/Chord Hugo/AK Layla. All not made in China!

Tbh I find those kind of statements ridiculous. All manufacturers will have a certain percentage with faulty units.

Also the specific product in question here is kind of selling at a "to good to be true " price and this may be the reason for that.

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #18,385 of 35,472
Tbh I find those kind of statements ridiculous. All manufacturers will have a certain percentage with faulty units.

Also the specific product in question here is kind of selling at a "to good to be true " price and this may be the reason for that.

Its not ridiculous, it is well known that a lot of fake goods are made in China, and because I live in this part of the world, we have to be wary of how we part with our hard earned cash. Did you know there was a scandal a few years ago where fake milk powder was made and babies died because of it? I just wouldn't buy Chinese branded goods. Thats me.

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #18,387 of 35,472
Its not ridiculous, it is well known that a lot of fake goods are made in China, and because I live in this part of the world, we have to be wary of how we part with our hard earned cash. Did you know there was a scandal a few years ago where fake milk powder was made and babies died because of it? I just wouldn't buy Chinese branded goods. Thats me.

Totally agreed, American has to be more cautious when approaching Chinese made products, especially from Ali-express. Unfortunately, there are only a few Asian countries that are trust worthy as of now, being Japan first, second by South Korea.

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #18,389 of 35,472

Of course, you should be careful when buying stuff from China, but I find it weird to completely boycott anything made in China. It's one thing to buy a product by a Japanese company (for example, these CKR9LTDs from Audio Technica that people have been buying) from Aliexpress for a 'low' price. But it's another thing to buy a phone from a Chinese company like Xiaomi or Huawei. And also another thing to, for example, buy a phone from a US company that's manufactured in China, like Apple's iPhone or the upcoming Nexus 6P that is made by Huawei.

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #18,390 of 35,472

Of course, you should be careful when buying stuff from China, but I find it weird to completely boycott anything made in China. It's one thing to buy a product by a Japanese company (for example, these CKR9LTDs from Audio Technica that people have been buying) from Aliexpress for a 'low' price. But it's another thing to buy a phone from a Chinese company like Xiaomi or Huawei. And also another thing to, for example, buy a phone from a US company that's manufactured in China, like Apple's iPhone or the upcoming Nexus 6P that is made by Huawei.

Obviously you can't avoid Made in China goods, I have an iPhone and of course its made in China. However given a choice between an AK player or Shanling one, or headphone by JH Audio or Hi-Fi man, I would go for the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back