Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #18,361 of 35,472
Authentic LE CKR9 is all aluminum+titanium housing....if I remember correctly ...the regular one only has the AT in metal, plastic on the rest.....

I know for sure mine are metal....already knicked em somehow 
triportsad.gif
 You can see the shine beneath.

Sep 25, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #18,362 of 35,472
The CKR9's and Ltd's are made of aluminum, only the round pary on the back is aluminum (easiest to see on the regular ones as it's the silver colored part). The CKR10's are made of titanium in the same way.

Sep 25, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #18,363 of 35,472
Authentic LE CKR9 is all aluminum+titanium housing....if I remember correctly ...the regular one only has the AT in metal, plastic on the rest.....

+
I know for sure mine are metal....already knicked em somehow :triportsad:  You can see the shine beneath.

+
The CKR9's and Ltd's are made of aluminum, only the round pary on the back is aluminum (easiest to see on the regular ones as it's the silver colored part). The CKR10's are made of titanium in the same way.

Thanks for the clarification guys! I'm not sure how to tell if mine are metal or not. They probably are, but dunno...

Sep 25, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #18,364 of 35,472
+
+
Thanks for the clarification guys! I'm not sure how to tell if mine are metal or not. They probably are, but dunno...

Just put your teeth against them snd you'll know :wink:

Sep 25, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #18,366 of 35,472
Sep 25, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #18,368 of 35,472
Hi!

Not-so-new newbie here in HeadFi.

I just placed my order on KZ ATE last night.

Any other recommendation for BudgetFi?

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #18,369 of 35,472
  brainwavz is certainly churning them out quickly! 

thoughts anyone?

Well, as long as they're churning stuff out that's better than the R1's, that would be nice 
cool.gif

Seriously, I'm not familiar with what they have been churning out since the R1's. Anything really good?

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #18,370 of 35,472

Well, as long as they're churning stuff out that's better than the R1's, that would be nice 
cool.gif

Seriously, I'm not familiar with what they have been churning out since the R1's. Anything really good?

my favorite sounding from them so far is the R3s and the Jives

both are just slightly lean for me

the R3s is a like a much better built re400 (but its odd shape and fit may put some people off)

the jives is a cheaper (new) offering from them, i think its like 30$ but it took me by surprise. nice and clean with a upper midrange spike similar to the dunu titan 1s (vaguely comparing them), quite clean.

which for me anyway was easily alleviated with the double flange vsonic tips 

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #18,371 of 35,472

I know for sure mine are metal....already knicked em somehow 
triportsad.gif
 You can see the shine beneath.

I knicked mine too and yep, they are alumunium.

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #18,372 of 35,472

my favorite sounding from them so far is the R3s and the Jives

both are just slightly lean for me

the R3s is a like a much better built re400 (but its odd shape and fit may put some people off)

the jives is a cheaper (new) offering from them, i think its like 30$ but it took me by surprise. nice and clean with a upper midrange spike similar to the dunu titan 1s (vaguely comparing them), quite clean.

which for me anyway was easily alleviated with the double flange vsonic tips 

Good stuff - thanks! Apart from the milk jug shape of the R3's, I had read good things about their sound. I haven't heard about the jives, so that 's interesting, especially for $30!

Here's to hoping that the new offerings have some meaning as well (they look good).

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #18,373 of 35,472

Good stuff - thanks! Apart from the milk jug shape of the R3's, I had read good things about their sound. I haven't heard about the jives, so that 's interesting, especially for $30!

Here's to hoping that the new offerings have some meaning as well (they look good).

yea the shape of the R3s is quite odd. and the nozzle is a  it too fat. but they certainly sound good, nicely transparent and light.

the jives play nicely with my S3 (yea i'm still using a S3 in this day and age) with full functionality, the buttons are easier to "feel" then my xiaomi piston 3s (which feels like i'm guessing which button i'm pressing at times)

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #18,374 of 35,472

yea the shape of the R3s is quite odd. and the nozzle is a  it too fat. but they certainly sound good, nicely transparent and light.

the jives play nicely with my S3 (yea i'm still using a S3 in this day and age) with full functionality, the buttons are easier to "feel" then my xiaomi piston 3s (which feels like i'm guessing which button i'm pressing at times)

Well, I was using an S2 until about 6 months ago. Stupid three year contract finally expired (thank goodness they are two year contracts here now in Canada), and I was able to get an S5. Not sure of the sound quality (although I suspect good), but I love it's camera, and I really love the fact that it's water proof - I tested that a few times accidentally this summer lol.

Sep 26, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #18,375 of 35,472

The case have a little damage at the side which is still acceptable.

One side of the earphone has a bit of paint drop which is still acceptable.

Lastly, would like to know for the filter at the nozzle as shown in the last photo, one of it is torn and hang it inside, Is that just a protective layer? Can i just remove it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back