Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #18,331 of 35,472
Another day, another review...

http://www.head-fi.org/products/axgio-sprint-sound-isolating-sport-stereo-bluetooth-4-1-headphone-adjustable-memory-wire-security-fit-design-ipx4-sweat-proof-8h-battery-life-apt-x-wireless-earbuds-earphone-earpiece-headset-with-mic-black/reviews/14084

Peter did a great job covering these, but here's my two cents on them. Enjoy!

Sep 25, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #18,332 of 35,472
wink.gif
 Another new high sound quality DAP of Soundaware: Esther http://www.head-fi.org/t/750875

Does anyone hear or try it?

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Sep 25, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #18,333 of 35,472
Macaw had a child with Westone, RT10 http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-NEW-Original-MACAW-RT10-HIFI-Headset-All-metal-HIFI-Earphones-Bass-Sports-Headphones-In-Ear/1825606_32479546347.html

KZ HDS1? http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-Latest-Design-KZ-HDS1-Miniature-Earphones-100-Original-KZ-Headphones-Metal-Bass-Stereo-Dynamic-HIFI/1825606_32479302753.html

Sep 25, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #18,335 of 35,472
They claim it has an anti bacterial surface.

Sep 25, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #18,336 of 35,472
Okay another comparison - ATH IM50 vs ALI CKR9LTD:

Vocals are much more forward on the CKR while the IM50 has them very much recessed. Songs like "someone like you" by Adele sound a little lacking with the IM50 in comparison. The clarity is at an entirely different level with the CKR. Listening to the album "True" by Avicii shows that the CKR is much clear sounding. Its strange that the treble is cleaner but somehow sounds a little less emphasized on the CKR9 while the IM50 sounds much more congested in spite of the treble being a little more forward. The bass of the CKR is better than that of the IM50 as well. For me the IM50 has some bass bleed which is totally absent with the CKR. The drum beats at the end of the song "Dear Boy" by Avicii is almost as hard hitting with both, with the CKR being maybe a tad bit tighter. Dido's "Dont leave home" sound a lot cleaner with the CKR with a leaner sounding presentation while IM50 is more dark and a little congested to my ears. "Billy Jean" by Michael Jackson sound absolutely awesome with the CKR. The soundstage is also much better compared to the IM50 but I think the IM50 has one of the narrowest soundstages out of all my IEMs. Overall I would say that sound quality of the CKR is a huge step up compared to the IM50. The CKR has a much more balanced and mature sound with better clarity compared to the IM50.

Build quality wise, the IM50 is built like a tank and the CKR seems a lot more fragile. I mean CKR is built very well but cannot compare to the IM50 which to me seems like unbreakable... Also the microphonics is much higher with the CKR as I had already mentioned in my last post.

For me the CKR is well worth the money I paid and may be one of the best bargains I have ever got. Again these are just my personal opinion, YMMV. All my listening was done with the Fiio X3. These impressions were with filters being removed from the IM50.

Sep 25, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #18,339 of 35,472
Okay another comparison - ATH IM50 vs ALI CKR9LTD:

Vocals are much more forward on the CKR while the IM50 has them very much recessed. Songs like "someone like you" by Adele sound a little lacking with the IM50 in comparison. The clarity is at an entirely different level with the CKR. Listening to the album "True" by Avicii shows that the CKR is much clear sounding. Its strange that the treble is cleaner but somehow sounds a little less emphasized on the CKR9 while the IM50 sounds much more congested in spite of the treble being a little more forward. The bass of the CKR is better than that of the IM50 as well. For me the IM50 has some bass bleed which is totally absent with the CKR. The drum beats at the end of the song "Dear Boy" by Avicii is almost as hard hitting with both, with the CKR being maybe a tad bit tighter. Dido's "Dont leave home" sound a lot cleaner with the CKR with a leaner sounding presentation while IM50 is more dark and a little congested to my ears. "Billy Jean" by Michael Jackson sound absolutely awesome with the CKR. The soundstage is also much better compared to the IM50 but I think the IM50 has one of the narrowest soundstages out of all my IEMs. Overall I would say that sound quality of the CKR is a huge step up compared to the IM50. The CKR has a much more balanced and mature sound with better clarity compared to the IM50.

Build quality wise, the IM50 is built like a tank and the CKR seems a lot more fragile. I mean CKR is built very well but cannot compare to the IM50 which to me seems like unbreakable... Also the microphonics is much higher with the CKR as I had already mentioned in my last post.

For me the CKR is well worth the money I paid and may be one of the best bargains I have ever got. Again these are just my personal opinion, YMMV. All my listening was done with the Fiio X3. These impressions were with filters being removed from the IM50.

Glad to hear that they are better sounding iem than IM50 w/o filters. I'm sure I will like them. :wink:

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #18,341 of 35,472
They are pretty awesome man. Definitely pick up a pair of you haven't already. Well worth the cost.

I've already ordered one from aliexpress. Should be getting them next week 
wink.gif

Are they better than your FXH30 man?  
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #18,342 of 35,472
I've already ordered one from aliexpress. Should be getting them next week :wink:  

Are they better than your FXH30 man?  :D

Awesome! Hope you like them.

They're very, very different. The JVCs have more enhanced bass and treble, with less forward mids.

The JVCs definitely have quicker bass, but the CKR9s are no slouch. The JVCs are also more detailed and resolving, up top at least. Bass quality between the two is similar and both are excellent. Due to my current cold I can't really tell which "wins" here. Mids on the LTDs are just sublime. On another level vs. all other iems I've tried.

Which do I prefer? Don't know yet. They're both way better than their price tags would suggest (I paid ~60 something Canadian each). Due to their wildly different signatures I'd say they compliment more than compete.

The FXH30, LTDs, VSonic AN16 (which I've recently started to adore), Sony AS800AP, and NarMoo W1M make for a pretty badass lineup of quality, reasonably inexpensive earphones with varying signatures.

Sep 25, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #18,343 of 35,472
The Macaws look really cool.

I'm not 100 percent sure the KZ hds1 is authentic kz though. I will try to find out more and get back to you guys.

A resent trend has been sellers adding kz to their title to attract attention.

Sep 25, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #18,344 of 35,472
Awesome! Hope you like them.

They're very, very different. The JVCs have more enhanced bass and treble, with less forward mids.

The JVCs definitely have quicker bass, but the CKR9s are no slouch. The JVCs are also more detailed and resolving, up top at least. Bass quality between the two is similar and both are excellent. Due to my current cold I can't really tell which "wins" here. Mids on the LTDs are just sublime. On another level vs. all other iems I've tried.

Which do I prefer? Don't know yet. They're both way better than their price tags would suggest (I paid ~60 something Canadian each). Due to their wildly different signatures I'd say they compliment more than compete.

The FXH30, LTDs, VSonic AN16 (which I've recently started to adore), Sony AS800AP, and NarMoo W1M make for a pretty badass lineup of quality, reasonably inexpensive earphones with varying signatures.

Told ya u'd love them LTD's.. 
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back